shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheating Husbands and Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ndpwood

Rough_Rock
What do you think happened with Tiger? Such a weird situation!

I say no!! You don''t want to wear a big diamond ring if you''re going to divorce the dirt bag!! Plus, the money is better than jewelry when you''re staring out on your own. YIKES!!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 11:45:30 PM
Author: ndpwood
What do you think happened with Tiger? Such a weird situation!

I say no!! You don''t want to wear a big diamond ring if you''re going to divorce the dirt bag!! Plus, the money is better than jewelry when you''re staring out on your own. YIKES!!
Yeah, there''s definately a back story to that "accident". I think wifey was after him with the golf club all the way out the driveway and he got distracted when his wife bashed in the back window with his club. Stop, drop and roll....right over the fire hydrant.
32.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just got back from vacay so haven''t read all the responses. BUT hell no, would a diamond make up for cheating on me. Thinking it''s more insult to injury kind of thing. I do know Kobe Bryant who is from here.. Gave his wife some ginormous purplle diamond after he cheated. Ummmm, no thanks, don''t want a stone given out of guilt.... I don''t forigve easily, nor do I forget... No diamond could make all his bad behavior go away.
2.gif

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 9:54:54 PM
Author: Dancing Fire
the penalty for cheating is... 1/2 ct for everytime he cheated.
28.gif
Ummmmmmmmmmm, I don''t think so. 6 tcw min.
17.gif

LilyKat

Brilliant_Rock
I''d take it gladly as a "goodbye" present
11.gif

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m a collector first and foremost - so - I would get every woman I know together, bring them home and introduce them to the husband. I would tell the hubster: "I''ll take a green diamond for her, a blue one for her, a pink one for her", etc, etc.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
I won''t say who, but,

I know a woman who found out her husband was cheating, and after she decided to stay with him, she demanded a larger diamond, and will not wear the ring that she currently had when he cheated.

Though she still has it in a drawer with all of her previous rings... she gets a new upgrade about every 10 years.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 4:19:36 AM
Author: LilyKat
I''d take it gladly as a ''goodbye'' present
11.gif
Exactly
9.gif

Though that diamond better have been bought out of his saved-up fun money, because our money is joined.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
As soon as I heard the Tiger story I knew it sounded fishy. I immediatly thought he wife was going after him with the golf club, not trying to "save" him.

In terms of diamonds, of course I think it''s absurd since I don''t value diamonds more than my pride, but the fact is many husbands in the celebrity world do do this and it does seem to do the trick based on what the public sees (woman sticks around and sports honker on finger). Probably has to do with the fact that the woman married the image (ie $$) more than the man, etc etc. Better than political wives I suppose who just stick around for no good reason at all!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I seriously doubt, after having been on the receiving end of my reaction, that my DH would then go out and buy me a bauble.
9.gif

He''d probably be thinking he might need his cash for a deposit on his new residence.
3.gif

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO offended if he thought that would get him off the hook. Maybe even more offended than I would have been about the cheating! But if he bought me a honker because he felt bad about not helping enough with the laundry or something like that, I might just take it....
11.gif
9.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2009 4:51:39 PM
Author:kenny
If you caught your husband cheating on you would him offering you a large diamond help you get over it, forgive him and move on? - or would a diamond offer just add insult to injury?
He could give me a 4 carat and I still wouldn''t get over it!

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
Eh... anyone who replaces trust with diamonds is not in the relationship for the traditionally *right* reasons, such as love, trust, and mutual respect.

To be honest, if DH cheated, and we ended up staying together and working it out, I''d be TO''ed if he bought jewelry. Who wants a piece that is a daily reminder of your husbands huge F*&% up?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what if the wife cheated on him...should the hubby get a big diamond too?
9.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only men cheat.
Men are pigs; didn't you get the memo?
11.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 9:24:50 AM
Author: meresal
I won''t say who, but,

I know a woman who found out her husband was cheating, and after she decided to stay with him, she demanded a larger diamond, and will not wear the ring that she currently had when he cheated.

Though she still has it in a drawer with all of her previous rings... she gets a new upgrade about every 10 years.

So he gets to cheat every 10 years?
27.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/30/2009 7:27:51 PM
Author: kenny

I won''t say who, but,

27.gif
maybe his thing only work once every 10 yrs.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
This question made me laugh!
3.gif

I remember asking my husband (in a joking manner) if he would ever cheat on me if his needs weren't being met.

He said, "It's a lot of work just to keep you happy. But two women at the same time?? I don't know how other guys do it. I don't have that kind of time or energy." I couldn't help but laugh. Even if he wanted to, he wouldn't be very good at it. And it wouldn't take long for him to get caught. Hehee...

So I told him, "Well, if you ever feel that your needs aren't being met, let me know. I'd rather be the one fulfilling them than someone else."

To answer your question, my husband wouldn't cheat on me. He's mature enough to be honest and tell me if he's unhappy. Regarding the large diamond peace offering (if he did hypothetically cheat), he wouldn't just walk into a jewelry store and buy a large diamond. I trained him better than that.

Instead, he'll say, "I'm sorry! Here's my credit card. Go online and get any diamond you want."
11.gif
31.gif
11.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t accept a pay off.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 8:14:53 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
I''m a collector first and foremost - so - I would get every woman I know together, bring them home and introduce them to the husband. I would tell the hubster: ''I''ll take a green diamond for her, a blue one for her, a pink one for her'', etc, etc.

Now THAT''s what I call revenge! I like the way you think, Madam Bijoux. I am also a collector first, and if the hubby is going to cheat, he is going to PAY. Literally.
2.gif

As far as the diamond being "tainted", it can always be upgraded for an untainted one. And that''s after he''s been kicked to the curb.

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 10:19:13 PM
Author: miraclesrule
I''d take the diamond and then kick his ass to the curb.
10.gif
+1

with added pictures sent to him of me with my new beau, while wearing said ring.
11.gif

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/30/2009 8:03:06 PM

I won''t say who, but,

27.gif
Maybe she has his thing in a case, and only lets him use it once every 10 years!
28.gif

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2009 11:02:36 AM
Author: trillionaire

Date: 11/30/2009 8:03:06 PM

I won''t say who, but,

27.gif
Maybe she has his thing in a case, and only lets him use it once every 10 years!
28.gif
lol. She definitely has control, in more ways than one.

I would love to sit down and really ask her why she stayed with him. Neither of them seem all that happy, are hardly ever together, and never do any activities together. I don''t really get it. Maybe a stick together for the family situation.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results