shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheating Husbands and Diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you caught your husband cheating on you would him offering you a large diamond help you get over it, forgive him and move on? - or would a diamond offer just add insult to injury?

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Seriously? No. I''m not sure what I''d do if I were in that situation but asking for a larger diamond would be furthest from my mind.

Well it couldn''t HURT... ;-) jk

Ahm no. If he cheated, well.. I might be put into jail because of my actions..

A diamond wouldn''t make that sick feeling in my stomach go away. Or my heart hurt less. Or... anything like that.

wsu12

Brilliant_Rock
Diamonds cannot repair broken trust.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''d kick the loser to the curb and buy my own diamond.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
I think I''d be insulted that he could think a material item could even begin to mend that wound.

And honestly even if I did accept it I would always look at it as the diamond he bought me after he cheated on me... I''d prolly sell it anyways.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 5:40:02 PM
Author: Callisto
I think I''d be insulted that he could think a material item could even begin to mend that wound.

And honestly even if I did accept it I would always look at it as the diamond he bought me after he cheated on me... I''d prolly sell it anyways.
This.

Kenny--Are you asking because you need some personal advice?
11.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope.

I've just been reading about the speculation about Tiger Woods cheating on his wife.
Then someone said he needs one of those Kobe Specials, aka a large I'm-Sorry Diamond.

I was wondering if all it takes is a honker to appease a cheated-on wife.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/29/2009 4:51:39 PM
Author:kenny
If you caught your husband cheating on you would him offering you a large diamond help you get over it, forgive him and move on? - or would a diamond offer just add insult to injury?

It would just add insult to injury since he should know that I'd much prefer a large precision cut sapphire
3.gif

So not only would he have cheated, but he would have also proved how little he pays attention!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 5:17:49 PM
Author: fsu1227
Diamonds cannot repair broken trust.

ditto.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
He would be buying the diamond with our JOINT bank account, so he could actually just shove it where the sun don''t shine...

CNOS128

Ideal_Rock
If I were married to him for his money, it would help!

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay, I misread the question. It doesn''t change my answer though.

Rachel9

Shiny_Rock
No.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But in this instance, we don''t know that he cheated. So if it was just a big old argument and misunderstanding, a large stone could go a long way, no?

I''m guessing that some of these women married to big dollar guys don''t want a divorce - cheating or not. Why would they want to give up their lifestyle, money, social lives, etc.? So they are bought off and try to play happily ever after. Most of us don''t live in these circumstances. And we certainly don''t have to sell our souls for a dollar or a diamond - and wouldn''t!

D2B

Brilliant_Rock
There was an estate sale I think last year in the UK, where some spectacular diamodns were sold, it made it into the papers because of the beauty of the diamonds and the fact that most were bought by the husband after an infedelity. he was apparently a successful business man who regularly cheated on his wife, and each time he did bought her another diamond. the family did not want to keep the diamonds, they said it was well known, but not talked about - too weird for me..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heck no.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
There was some speculation that Kobe''s wife took the big diamond because of how California''s divorce laws work. Now, its been 6 years and they are still together, so go figure. I would actually be more offended by someone thinking my forgiveness could be bought then I would be by the cheating.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would have to be one heck of a diamond!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, if he ever cheated and bought me a diamond in the hope that it would get me to forgive him, he''d better hope for his sake that the diamond is pretty small. After all, the larger the diamond, the more it would hurt when I threw it back at him! Oh, and I would be throwing it culet first!
11.gif

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Since I live in a community prop. state I''d take the diamond, give to my dad for safekeeping, and RUN!
3.gif
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
If I only were interested in his money and did not really care what he did, then maybe it would be fine. Many men decide that that is the way to repair things or assuage their guilt, and I am sure many wives, in the interest of staying together take it, and then always look at it and think of it as the guilt gift...so in the long run it would not likely help much anyway.

Lilac

Brilliant_Rock
I would find it insulting and it would only make the situation worse.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the penalty for cheating is... 1/2 ct for everytime he cheated.
28.gif

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I would take the "peace offering" and still not forgive. I am not going to turn down a large beautiful diamond, but that does not mean that life would be any easier for him.

In my mind I think that my goal would be to make him miserable for the rest of his life, but I am not sure if that is really how I would react. So yes, I think I would take the diamond, treat him terribly, and remind him that he is a disgrace every chance I got.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
No thanks!

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
I live in a community state so half of that large offering would have been paid by me. Why would I want to spend my money on a forgive-me-for-cheating gift from a cheating husband??

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
I''d take the diamond and then kick his ass to the curb.
10.gif

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From a guys perspective (with my own twist) .....; and you know... gals can cheat on guys too...

A lot would depend on why, to what extent, circumstances, etc.

In the right situation - with the right attitudeL: its a peace offering.

Otherwise, it has no emotional value - and may have substaintial negative emotional value.

Of course, it may have real financial value - which is another consideration.

Perry

exoticisabella

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/29/2009 10:07:58 PM
Author: swingirl
I live in a community state so half of that large offering would have been paid by me. Why would I want to spend my money on a forgive-me-for-cheating gift from a cheating husband??
Because you buy it from somebody with a buyback policy. Give it to a friend for safekeeping. Divorce. Then sell it back. If it was $50,000 in the event of a divorce he''d have $25,000 you''d have $25,000. But, if you went with the diamond and gave it away for a short period (so it''s not yours at the time of the divorce), then sold it back at 80% you''d have $40,000 and he''d have ZERO
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results