shape
carat
color
clarity

Cheap gemstones

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Where is a good place (hopefully Canadian) to buy cheap loose gemstones (that are of good quality? I''d be open to online places as well. I''d be looking for gemstones 1ct and below.

Thanks

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What kind of gemstones?

What quality?

Treated okay?

You know this is a very complex question since there are a lot of variables to consider. Even a gem under one carat can be costly if it''s a good quality, and no one would be giving that away (if they were, we''d all be buying).

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
I''m looking for any gemstones. I just want to get a general idea of prices (which I know vary hugely) and what''s available. I''ve never bought any gems and just want some good advise/help basically. Thanks for the link.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ooh - thanks for the link coati. I must admit, since my project I''m kind of tempted to keep expanding my colored stone collection...hmmm...could be a very dangerous hobby
3.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Multicolour.com has a lot, but you really have to sift through quite a bit to find a good quality and cut. They''re some real duds on that website as well, but it''s a good place to start.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:23:06 PM
Author: oddoneout
I''m looking for any gemstones. I just want to get a general idea of prices (which I know vary hugely) and what''s available. I''ve never bought any gems and just want some good advise/help basically. Thanks for the link.
There''s a sticky with a list of vendors that people here have used, worth looking at all their sites to see the range of different stones, different qualities and what you''d expect to pay for them.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 4:38:42 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Ooh - thanks for the link coati. I must admit, since my project I''m kind of tempted to keep expanding my colored stone collection...hmmm...could be a very dangerous hobby
3.gif
you are not kidding! Look out, AG, it''s addicting
21.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 6:58:41 PM
Author: icekid

3.gif

21.gif

hehe icekid - now I just have to finish this freaking PhD and start working so I can afford it
3.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2009 7:22:22 PM
Date: 1/8/2009 6:58:41 PM

Author: icekid

3.gif

21.gif

hehe icekid - now I just have to finish this freaking PhD and start working so I can afford it
3.gif

haha! Yah look out!

I''m weirdly tenacious, and I love to sift through multicolour''s site. They are very communicative too.

Have fun AG!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 4:47:16 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Multicolour.com has a lot, but you really have to sift through quite a bit to find a good quality and cut. They''re some real duds on that website as well, but it''s a good place to start.
I concur.

Lisa

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono,
Nice to see you back!! Are ajsgems photos enhanced though?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not in my experience, but then again, maybe it''s because I tend to ask a LOT of questions and don''t just rely on pictures. So far, my purchases have resembled the picture and I''ve been very pleased with them. However, I''ve heard others on PS who have been disappointed to see their gemstone turn out not as vivid as expected.

m76steve

Brilliant_Rock
not a lot of people will agree with me but if you are looking for lots of gem stones at very good prices try shopping from jtv-they sell gems from all over the world-they stand behind what they sell 100%-if they are selling treated or diffused stones they will let you know in the description-they are still selling andesine/labordite but now they tell you it is treated/diffused, not the natural stones as first advertised-as fact, they have literally bought back all the andesine sold in the past few years as untreated-now they are selling the same stuff but with an upgraded listing. if you buy a parcel of stones-go through them as carefully as you will-if you like what they send you keep them-if not send them back for a full refund-you cant loose on a deal like this-ive done this many times and have found some very nice stones in the process-enjoy...
34.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results