shape
carat
color
clarity

Charm bracelets

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Tacky? Outdated? What say you? I’m interested in building a yellow gold JA (James Avery) charm bracelet but if you know of other bracelet makers who can do a better job dare I say compared to JA, then I’m all ears :D

show me your charm bracelets!!

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i love charm bracelets! i think they are a classic. i've always wanted one but have never made it a priority. i fear "fuddy duddy" and to some extent, clutter. and when not done right they can be both fuddy duddy and cluttery

i am not familiar with james avery. (i just looked them up) i would say so many jewelers do lovely charms and link bracelets

I like the idea of charm bracelets but usually not the execution because the dangling drives me crazy. I don’t think they’re fuddy duddy or unattractive though at all! I saw a charm bracelet at a jeweler here which was like a bunch of charms linked together instead of hanging from a bracelet - like Mrs B’s wonderful bracelet that she made a post about recently - and I thought that was a lovely way of making something delicate and modern without the fussiness. No idea about who makes them though!

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_3168.JPG This is my silver Tiffany charm bracelet.It has attachment clips on the rings so that I don't have to take it in to be soldered every time I get a new charm.The diamond heart is not Tiffany,it came from Beaverbrooks & I'd had it sitting in a box for many years until it found it's home on the bracelet.Unfortunately the little scooter got bent out of shape when I caught it on a heavy bag of shopping.It will be repaired when I get the chance to go to the jewellers.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely classic. I have two YG charm bracelets; the first one I was given by my parents for my college graduation gift—they’d already installed a few charms on it, all tropical/beach-themed. The second I inherited from my grandmother’s estate. She loved to travel, Christmas, and Florida so there was a central them to hers as well. I’ve thought about combining them but nah. I decided I wanted a charm bracelet of my own after all the times I went to grandma’s house and she let me try on a lot of her jewelry. Her charm bracelet was the piece I always asked to see last because it was my favorite item from her extensive collection.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like dangling charm bracelets for dressier occasions, and not as work/everyday pieces, as they would annoy me when I work with a laptop etc...

DK :))

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacky? Outdated? What say you? I’m interested in building a yellow gold JA (James Avery) charm bracelet but if you know of other bracelet makers who can do a better job dare I say compared to JA, then I’m all ears :D

show me your charm bracelets!!

Nothing is tacking or outdated if you love it
Real life isnt high school
And id love to see a YG one

LondonRuby

Rough_Rock
I love charm bracelets. Got an antique one which has really nice charms - a cross, a seashell, etc, and it looks great.

I dream of the Asprey Woodland charms - would love a blackberry & a butterfly - but at $2,900 per charm they're completely out of my price range!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I love them! I have my grandmother's and I treasure it, although I rarely wear it. I think they're classic, I just have a hard time wearing something dangly all day with work.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Nothing is tacking or outdated if you love it
Real life isnt high school
And id love to see a YG one

My mom has a beautiful YG one that she never wears! I made her promise to give it to me someday, she used to let me borrow it when I was a teen and I would love to wear hers and my gram’s together.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Made in London -

There's a thread by me, still currently in the first couple of pages of SMTB about my charm bracelets - lots of photos there. I think you might have commented on it? Mine are a bit different, but still a look anyone could do, so - worthwhile taking a look.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
Oh yes,silly me, I forgot=)2

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love charm bracelets and the more meaningful the better. Trying to buy used charms and frankly they are not cheap. there is a market out there and the workmanship can be incredible

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Made in London -

There's a thread by me, still currently in the first couple of pages of SMTB about my charm bracelets - lots of photos there. I think you might have commented on it? Mine are a bit different, but still a look anyone could do, so - worthwhile taking a look.

@mrs-b, please post links. I did a search and found only one thread that featured a posting about a rose gold bracelet and a ring you found. (Lovely bracelet, but where are the other two and the charms you mentioned in it?)

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b and @Made in London , have you posted your charm bracelets and links to threads about them in this thread about traditional charm bracelets?

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b and @Made in London , have you posted your charm bracelets and links to threads about them in this thread about traditional charm bracelets?

Yes & I've put another one on there too=)2

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Dangling charm bracelets are hard to photograph "in action"!

C7CE9950-E8BC-419C-87B1-3A9E01F0541D.jpeg IMG_0916.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results