shape
carat
color
clarity

Charm Bracelet question: Please Help!

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
OK when it comes to buying/purchasing the charms for a charm bracelet, are you inclined to buy the more expensive charms first or last and why?

I have 14 charms left for my charms bracelet (there are 16 total) and I'm on a roll :D

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I buy a charm that is relevant in my life. So if I am traveling I would buy a charm from that country. Birth of a baby gets a shoe. Professional symbols, hobbies and significant moments get a charm. Sometimes I see charms that meet these criteria a few at a time, or one at a time or prolonged periods with no purchases. Some are pricier than others. But each charm is unique so you may have to buy it then unless it is a fashion brand, Pandora or other mass produced charms. love charm bracelets.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
I buy a charm that is relevant in my life. So if I am traveling I would buy a charm from that country. Birth of a baby gets a shoe. Professional symbols, hobbies and significant moments get a charm. Sometimes I see charms that meet these criteria a few at a time, or one at a time or prolonged periods with no purchases. Some are pricier than others. But each charm is unique so you may have to buy it then unless it is a fashion brand, Pandora or other mass produced charms. love charm bracelets.

I like this strategy. Thanks!

MelMc

Rough_Rock
My collection is similar to Lambskin's. The first charms were from my family when I was young and were about hobbies and pets. Since then they have been my go-to vacation purchase. Not only a nice memory but they take no suitcase space. My bracelet has grown into a 25" necklace.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a dedicated charm bracelet thread in PS but no recent posts. Great photos of amazing charm collections.

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone tell me how many charms I can put on this bracelet? I'm seeing 16 links but I've always been bad at math lol. Also is 2 charms on 1 link tacky? I know less is more... IMG_7577 (1).jpg

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Can someone tell me how many charms I can put on this bracelet? I'm seeing 16 links but I've always been bad at math lol. Also is 2 charms on 1 link tacky? I know less is more... IMG_7577 (1).jpg

No one can tell me how many charms this can hold? :(

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

It has to be what you like
you will know when its enough

what is tacky anyway ?
We are not in high school anymore
don't let other people's opinions take away your own enjoyment of a particular style

Just start building this pretty and have some fun

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
It has to be what you like
you will know when its enough

what is tacky anyway ?
We are not in high school anymore
don't let other people's opinions take away your own enjoyment of a particular style

Just start building this pretty and have some fun

Also, is there a difference between brand name charms? Like Rembrandt? James Avery? Just curious...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Also, is there a difference between brand name charms? Like Rembrandt? James Avery? Just curious...

Someone else better answer that ?
With modern charm bracletes that thread on to a brand specific 'cord' (for want of a better word) brands have different sized holes but i have found some metal charms can be drilled out a bit by the jewler to make them fit a different brand
You just have to be mindful before you buy
again, i think buy what you like the best

DiamondsNPearls

Brilliant_Rock
Someone else better answer that ?
With modern charm bracletes that thread on to a brand specific 'cord' (for want of a better word) brands have different sized holes but i have found some metal charms can be drilled out a bit by the jewler to make them fit a different brand
You just have to be mindful before you buy
again, i think buy what you like the best

I tried to search updated charm bracelet threads, most were older (year 2003) and didn't have any updated info....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tried to search updated charm bracelet threads, most were older (year 2003) and didn't have any updated info....

It would be cool to see some inspirational pix from the others
Hint hint everybody :wink2:
Im afraid i brought mine as a starter gift and im in NZ (and from down the mall) so im not familiar with the fancier brands
But they wern't Pandora, rather the starter braclete, end, safety chain, a gold charm from one mall jewler and then a gold charm commemorating the Christchurch earthquake* (proceeds to chariry) from a different mall jewler so they didn't have the same sized hole

* it looked like a broken monopoly house but gold

GoldenTouch

Shiny_Rock
My collection is similar to Lambskin's. The first charms were from my family when I was young and were about hobbies and pets. Since then they have been my go-to vacation purchase. Not only a nice memory but they take no suitcase space. My bracelet has grown into a 25" necklace.

I’d like to see your necklace please.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
charm3.JPG
Here's an old picture of the necklace. Not a close-up but you get an idea of how many charms there are.

I wish I could be there so you can walk us through the story of each charm. That is the joy of a bracelet full of charms as each one has its own story!

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I knowRembrandt has so many charms and the quality is good. I have bought a few to fill in the blanks so to speak when I could not find a silver charm for my girls’ bracelets. I started to collect charms for them and have not put it together yet. I am not a fan of Pandora and haveno knowledge of James avery.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results