shape
carat
color
clarity

channel set eternity band

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curious

Rough_Rock
My sister just picked up her wedding band. It is a round stone channel set eternity band.

She noticed that some of the stones are raised over the channels and stick up out of the setting.

Is this a problem?????

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi Curious,

Unfortunately, it could eventually be a problem.
Safely saying, if it's a brand new band, most likely the stone setter did not insure that all stones were even during the setting process.
As time goes on and the setting becomes either accidentally dropped or excessive polishing is done, the "raised" diamonds will fall out.
I'd recommend a local diamond setter to re-set the "raised" stones.
If you are in the NYC area, I would offer this repair service FREE of charge.
Sorry to say, but without seeing a picture of the setting, I can't give you an estimate on how dangerous the situation might be.
In the end, it will be a very simple process to rectify by any qualified and experienced diamond setter.
Thank you.

curious

Rough_Rock
Thank you. I will pass this info on to my sister.

The jewler that made it said that it could not be fixed b/c Plat is hard to work with.

We do live in NYC. Where are you located???

moediamond

Rough_Rock
Hi Curious,

Please feel free to give us a call with the number shown on our website: www.moediamonds.com
Perhaps, we can set up an appointment at your convenience.
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results