shape
carat
color
clarity

Channel set engagement rings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigToque

Rough_Rock
I was looking at some rings yesterday at a local shop and I asked the guy working in the shop about tension set stones (I had just learned about them last night). He said he didn't carry tension set rings anymore because he's had problems with them in the past and would rather avoid the problems with them.

He showed me what he called a channel set diamond, which he said was basically a tension set diamond, but with a little bridge below the diamond to strenghten the ring. It kinda looked like this: \_/ with the diamond in the middle.

I thought this looked VERY slick and classy. It really showed off the diamond and didn't stick up at all. The top of the diamond was flush with the ring like a tension set stone.

Do you guys know of any rings on the net that look like this? I did a quick search last night and the only "channel set" rings were the ones that has the side stones set in a channel. I don't want that. So apparently it's probably not called a "channel set" ring.

Edit:

I guess this is pretty similar to what I'm talking about (2 posts down), but on the one I saw, there was a bridge below the diamond.

Also, just as a question, how much $$$ is the ring I just posted in 18K White Gold? I can't seem to find any sites that list a price. This ring is stunning!

BigToque

Rough_Rock
Nobody has any idea of what I''m talking about I guess... which would seem to be why I can''t find anything else similar online.

BigToque

Rough_Rock
I guess this is pretty similar to what I''m talking about, but on the one I saw, there was a bridge below the diamond.

Also, just as a question, how much $$$ is the ring I just posted in 18K White Gold? I can''t seem to find any sites that list a price. This ring is stunning!

olympus-abcd-103a1.JPG

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t find any pictures to confirm what I am about to say, but that sounds like a semi bezel to me. I hope someone else will chime in and say something. Perhaps if you searched for a semi bezel or perhaps a half bezel - which I just did and there are settings out there that are semi-bezel, but that have the diamond hidden partly, which I understand that you do not want. I would suggest that you send that picture to one of the internet vendors and see what they say and if they could make it.

I wish you well,

Bridget

boo

Rough_Rock
Hi! I have a ring exactly like what you are describing. My boyfriend bought it for me about 4-5 years ago. It looks like a tension setting from the top, but there is a little circular base at the bottom to support it, as in your drawing. The base is virtually invisible unless I take the ring off and look at the underside. Mine was custom made at Cool Diamonds, about 0.5 carat, set in white gold. You can find it at http://www.cooldiamonds.com/cd_firstpage/cd_1024new/cd_1024new.html?cd0_NE . Hope that helps!

half-carat

Rough_Rock
Try Fred Crabtree.

http://www.fredcrabtree.com/HTML/LADIES/CHANNEL/L223.html

I have this one and I love it, AND get tons of compliments. They also work in palladium white gold, so you don't have to deal with plating in case you're looking to go the white gold route.

Trying to attach a resized pic. Hope it works and doesn't come out huge.

mydiam_crop_side.JPG

half-carat

Rough_Rock
Top view:

mydiam_crop_top.JPG

joey122

Rough_Rock
I am on a similar search...I have my diamond and am looking to have it set just like my avatar, but with a bar underneath.
30.gif
Tension set is too scary and pricey, only the experts do it well. Right now I am having problems with jewelers who will invisibly set my sidestones as in the pic...it is apparently a tedious task. I have thrown my search out to 3 jewelers to copy that setting and am still waiting for responses and quotes. All I know is you have to be persistent! I''ll let you know when I''ve found the right jeweler who can copy it confidently. Good luck to you. You just may find one before i do!
20.gif

boo

Rough_Rock
This is similar to my ring.

Attachments

• 0_2_2.pdf
    8.4 KB · Views: 39

boo

Rough_Rock
Oops sorry, the image didn''t appear.

0_2_2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results