shape
carat
color
clarity

Changing the setting for my diamond stud earrings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smo

Shiny_Rock
Hi there,

I bought some beautiful diamond four prong studs from WF for my birthday this year and I do really like them but I don''t love the setting. I would love to have an antique or antique inspired setting but I think this is too difficult for studs.

I think my problem with them (if you can really call it that because they are lovely just not perfect!) is that the prongs just aren''t delicate enought for me. Can anyone give me some input on changing the setting and if possible showing me some pics of diamond studs that are either really delicate prongs or a super duper thin bezel setting.

Thanks in advance for any help!
9.gif

Smo

Shiny_Rock
wow! those are gorgeous and just what I was thinking of for a thin bezel setting. Thanks! Would love to see any other alternatives if anyone else has any suggestions!

Smo

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to add my love of antique settings has been intensified by seeing a co-workers earrings. She has round brilliants but set in this type of setting (imagne just the center diamond part only as an earring). It looks beautiful and I was interested to see if anyone else has done something similar?

oldmancoyote

Brilliant_Rock
Have you thought about adding a jacket to get an antique look? Not necessarily going in the "delicate" direction, but it could be made reasonably similar to the ring you linked to.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
How about something like this? These are from my personal collection and I love them - the scallop detailing is very vintage in feel, but not overly intricate. The extra lobe coverage ain''t bad either
31.gif

ps: I also love the illusion setting that you posted above it will make your stones appear bigger too (albeit square).

OMC Cush Studs2.jpg

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And another:

OMC Cush Studs1.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2008 4:22:31 PM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
And another:
Those are pretty!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Grace, are there stock settings similar to yours that you know of?

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Skippy!

Addy, the closest to these that I could think of would be something like this from Stuller - I used the pendant photo because the earring photo only shows the profile and not the top view. Your local jeweler should be able to order directly from Stuller for you and set your diamond.

Lemme know what you find :)

buttercup setting.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/22/2008 6:05:24 PM
Author: HeartingDiamonds
Thanks, Skippy!

Addy, the closest to these that I could think of would be something like this from Stuller - I used the pendant photo because the earring photo only shows the profile and not the top view. Your local jeweler should be able to order directly from Stuller for you and set your diamond.

Lemme know what you find :)

I''ll stroll through the Stuller website. I''m not seriously looking, I like my martini settings, but I like to collect knowledge for future use.

Smo

Shiny_Rock
Well I emailed thediamond.com and they said they only set their own diamonds and that the cost of re-setting and shipping to Australia would be too expensive. A little annoying that they didn''t even give me the option of re-setting if I had chosen to pay the price! I guess I am now used to the polite and helpful corrospondence from Whiteflash and this email came a across as a tad rude.

Such a shame because I loved wallermama''s earrings. They are just stunning.

HeartingDiamonds, your earrings are really pretty but not quite the style I was looking for. I do loved that scallop detailing it looks gorgeous but just not quite what I wanted.

I guess my search continues. I wonder whether WF could make bezels as thin and delicate as wallermama''s studs?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results