shape
carat
color
clarity

Changes to original CAD - is a second round customary?

Brilliantik

Rough_Rock
I'm trying to figure out what I should expect when working with a vendor. Specifically after the original CAD - let's say that after seeing the original CAD I decide to make some tweaks/changes to the design should I expect a follow up CAD? What if the changes are minor? Should I insist on a second CAD to make sure the changes I requested have been incorporated?
Thanks in advance for your feedback.

liaerfbv

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had 4 sets of CADs on my custom e-ring several years ago. I didn't have to ask for a new CAD when I asked for changes (it was just provided), but I would absolutely ask for a new one no matter how minor the change. I know some vendors will charge for extra CADs so I would just ask how many are included upfront.

flamingoezz

Shiny_Rock
was your design something you sketched? or a combination of two or more ring styles?

im doing something custom too and they give 1 free minor edit and provide a new CAD. I'm a little nervous about if the first one comes out nothing like i imagined...especially since im discussing my vision with a gemologist, not the actual person designing the ring.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would expect that the CAD is negotiable till they get it it right. Personally I wouldn't put up with that "one minor edit". If it's a design change I can see not allowing that. But if there are communication issues and the vendor's CADs do NOT reflect what you have told them yet... I think you should be able to keep asking for changes until they get it right.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results