shape
carat
color
clarity

Changed my clothing uniform up a bit...what about you?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm mostly wearing dresses, because for me coordinating outfits takes too much time and energy in the morning.

If I wear a jean-top combo it's been exclusively skinny jeans with tunic style tops for the last, say 10-ish years.

I'm definitely not done with this style - it's so convenient here in winter because the skinny jeans go so well with my boots (might have a boots problem as well... But I digress)...

I stumbled upon a classic large & wide pair of trousers recently and I'm hooked.
Brought four pairs & a few matching tops. Those had to be shorter and a bit more boxy OR fitted than my usual go-tos.

What about you? I'm very much the "never change a winning system" kinda gal, but now I added a whole different look in a few days.. IMG_20210727_112526.jpg . Hope I won't regret it lol IMG_20210727_113208.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm mostly wearing dresses, because for me coordinating outfits takes too much time and energy in the morning.

If I wear a jean-top combo it's been exclusively skinny jeans with tunic style tops for the last, say 10-ish years.

I'm definitely not done with this style - it's so convenient here in winter because the skinny jeans go so well with my boots (might have a boots problem as well... But I digress)...

I stumbled upon a classic large & wide pair of trousers recently and I'm hooked.
Brought four pairs & a few matching tops. Those had to be shorter and a bit more boxy OR fitted than my usual go-tos.

What about you? I'm very much the "never change a winning system" kinda gal, but now I added a whole different look in a few days.. IMG_20210727_112526.jpg . Hope I won't regret it lol IMG_20210727_113208.jpg

Pretty ❤️
My style basically remains the same.
Comfort over all else.
Dresses in summer for ease.
Leggings and Tunic sweaters and otk boots in winter.
Which works well for me as I’ve gained weight and fortunately all my clothes still fit. :)

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
I wear the same thing all the time...jeans or khakis and a blouse or t-shirt. That is what I wore today to go for blood work, with the addition of a Tanzy pendant I bought from a fellow PS member, a Tanzy ring and the usual gold hoops and stud. That was the first time I wore the pendant, I figure why not? If I save the best jewelry for a special occasion it will never get worn....

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those outfits are really nice! I'm getting a bit tired of my usual...jeans, or jean shorts and a nice tee-shirt. Its getting
old. Before this phase, it was skorts and nice tee-shirts. I rarely need to dress up since I'm a SAHM. Not sure what
phase comes next.

I also worry (more wonder than anything) if I dress my age (whatever that means). I'm at the upper end of 50's. Do I need to
dress more conservatively or more maturely? I'm not ready for elastic waist pants (and dont ever plan to be but I
never say never).

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty ❤️
My style basically remains the same.
Comfort over all else.
Dresses in summer for ease.
Leggings and Tunic sweaters and otk boots in winter.
Which works well for me as I’ve gained weight and fortunately all my clothes still fit. :)

Perfect @missy , from what you've shared this suits you really well. And I envy your OTK collection!!!

I'm not someone who'd notice weight gain/lose on others, but I'm sure this suits you as well as before!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear the same thing all the time...jeans or khakis and a blouse or t-shirt. That is what I wore today to go for blood work, with the addition of a Tanzy pendant I bought from a fellow PS member, a Tanzy ring and the usual gold hoops and stud. That was the first time I wore the pendant, I figure why not? If I save the best jewelry for a special occasion it will never get worn....

Perfect attitude! Wear that bling!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those outfits are really nice! I'm getting a bit tired of my usual...jeans, or jean shorts and a nice tee-shirt. Its getting
old. Before this phase, it was skorts and nice tee-shirts. I rarely need to dress up since I'm a SAHM. Not sure what
phase comes next.

I also worry (more wonder than anything) if I dress my age (whatever that means). I'm at the upper end of 50's. Do I need to
dress more conservatively or more maturely? I'm not ready for elastic waist pants (and dont ever plan to be but I
never say never).

I am a SAHM as well, but I dress basically like when I was working (on the more casual days). Because I feel like it. It's my style...

As for your last question: as long as you like it and it suits your lifestyle it's perfect for you IMHO. It'll look wonderful on you.

My second picture trousers do have an elastic part in the back ... gahhh

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your new “look” a lot!

As for me, I’m just starting to embrace the whole “skinny jeans” thing. They’re not my best look, pants-wise, but they are definitely easy to wear. I’m slightly bow- legged so a straight leg or classic trouser style are more comfortable and flattering for me. That, and PJ’s! But they’re not readily available right now and I don’t think I could see either style well, so skinny jeans it is! (I have made myself a few PJ bottoms and other less structured pants in the past year, however!)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’ve dressed like such a slouch through the pandemic, and just did a whole wardrobe refresh to mix things up a bit.

I went for fun prints, and decided to steer away from my comfort zone for jeans…I ALWAYS wear skinny jeans, and because I’m tall my inseam is insanely long (36”)…I just found a Scandinavian denim company that makes super cute wide leg jeans in different inseams and bought a pair! I love them!

EE0B5C6F-A703-476F-BF5D-3998DBEFA0FC.jpeg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
phase comes next.

never say never).

I am a SAHM as well, but I dress basically like when I was working (on the more casual days). Because I like it. It's my style...

As for your last question: as long as you like it and it suits your lifestyle it's perfect for you IMHO. It'll look wonderful on you.

My second picture trousers do have an elastic part in the back :lol-2: :lol-2: :eek2: :eek2:

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like your new “look” a lot!

As for me, I’m just starting to embrace the whole “skinny jeans” thing. They’re not my best look, pants-wise, but they are definitely easy to wear. I’m slightly bow- legged so a straight leg or classic trouser style are more comfortable and flattering for me. That, and PJ’s! But they’re not readily available right now and I don’t think I could see either style well, so skinny jeans it is! (I have made myself a few PJ bottoms and other less structured pants in the past year, however!)

I'm sure you look gorgeous in skinny jeans!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve dressed like such a slouch through the pandemic, and just did a whole wardrobe refresh to mix things up a bit.

I went for fun prints, and decided to steer away from my comfort zone for jeans…I ALWAYS wear skinny jeans, and because I’m tall my inseam is insanely long (36”)…I just found a Scandinavian denim company that makes super cute wide leg jeans in different inseams and bought a pair! I love them!

EE0B5C6F-A703-476F-BF5D-3998DBEFA0FC.jpeg

Great fitting jeans are sooo hard to find! Happy for you you found a brand that works well!

(Slightly jelly on the inseam, though!! 36" ? You're like Julia Roberts in pretty woman!)

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Great fitting jeans are sooo hard to find! Happy for you you found a brand that works well!

(Slightly jelly on the inseam, though!! 36" ? You're like Julia Roberts in pretty woman!)

Hah! That’s sweet of you! It’s been a pain finding pants…for years I had to deal with flooding (thank god ankle cropped jeans were in so no one was the wiser!)

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well since i went back to work after a two year break (due to a few things including Gary's health and the pandemic)
I have started wearing ..................

socks and shoes
and a bra
I even wore long pants to the job interview !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
phase comes next.

never say never).

What is SAHM ?

wear what you want to wear
age aporooreate clothing categories has all gone out the window these days

Mind you i have a freind who us older than me who takes fashion advice from her just 20 year old daughter ....not good

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well since i went back to work after a two year break (due to a few things including Gary's health and the pandemic)
I have started wearing ..................

socks and shoes
and a bra
I even wore long pants to the job interview !

I will never wear an underwire bra again.

Made in London

Brilliant_Rock
My go to style has always been jeans (white in summer) or trousers & a beautiful Joseph Ribkoff top. I love his tops so much that I have over 20 of them. I wear ankle boots in winter & sandals/shoes in summer. I also love to accesorise with scarfs & belts & of course jewellery:D

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds - you had me laughing out loud!

@kipari, I love your new wardrobe addition! They are back in, so should be easier to find than they have been in recent years.

For years, my go-to summer wardrobe has been skorts and a knit top / t-shirt or a dress. Since my injury, I haven’t been able to wear pants or anything close to my leg (it’s painful, and I’ve been wearing a bully brace of some sort or another), so during the winter it’s been long skirts or loose fitting athleasure ‘pants’ (slightly more refined than sweats). I love straight leg wide pants and am hopeful a lightweight pair might make its way back into my wardrobe for this coming winter!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My go to style has always been jeans (white in summer) or trousers & a beautiful Joseph Ribkoff top. I love his tops so much that I have over 20 of them. I wear ankle boots in winter & sandals/shoes in summer. I also love to accesorise with scarfs & belts & of course jewellery:D

It's wonderful that you have found the perfect fit for you!
But now I need to see this top!!

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Daisys and Diamonds - you had me laughing out loud!

@kipari, I love your new wardrobe addition! They are back in, so should be easier to find than they have been in recent years.

For years, my go-to summer wardrobe has been skorts and a knit top / t-shirt or a dress. Since my injury, I haven’t been able to wear pants or anything close to my leg (it’s painful, and I’ve been wearing a bully brace of some sort or another), so during the winter it’s been long skirts or loose fitting athleasure ‘pants’ (slightly more refined than sweats). I love straight leg wide pants and am hopeful a lightweight pair might make its way back into my wardrobe for this coming winter!

I'm sorry you're still in pain! Lots of healing dust to you!

The two styles I bought are made of very lightweight crêpe. Especially the one with the button is barely there without being flimsy, see through or cheap looking at all. I could definitely see this being very comfortable four your leg...

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always worn jeans (Levi's - have 12 pairs :oops: ) with either a t-shirt, a jumper/ long sleeve top or a pretty blouse. I often wear a blazer too. Sandals & flip flops / pumps in summer, boots or white leather trainers (Adidas) on cooler or damp days, huge heels on a night out. I own a billion scarves to accessorise with, from High St to Louis Vuitton & Chanel. And that's been me for about 25 years.

But recently I have pushed myself way out of my zone & bought lots of midi or maxi dresses, mostly from Monsoon. It's been far too hot for demin the last few months, plus I have gained a few pounds (thanks, perimenopause...) and I hate my inner thighs. The dresses cover my legs whilst still showing my waist & I can still wear pretty pumps or sandals.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have always worn jeans (Levi's - have 12 pairs :oops: ) with either a t-shirt, a jumper/ long sleeve top or a pretty blouse. I often wear a blazer too. Sandals & flip flops / pumps in summer, boots or white leather trainers (Adidas) on cooler or damp days, huge heels on a night out. I own a billion scarves to accessorise with, from High St to Louis Vuitton & Chanel. And that's been me for about 25 years.

But recently I have pushed myself way out of my zone & bought lots of midi or maxi dresses, mostly from Monsoon. It's been far too hot for demin the last few months, plus I have gained a few pounds (thanks, perimenopause...) and I hate my inner thighs. The dresses cover my legs whilst still showing my waist & I can still wear pretty pumps or sandals.

This look sounds absolutely gorgeous for you!! I love maxi and midi dresses.
I'm sorry you're having a hard time due to perimenopause.
I hope you'll keep the dresses even after you're back to your preferred weight (if you still wish to go back to that after some time).

We still have that date on Place Vendôme and champagne at the Ritz after C19!!
@dk168 was supposed to come as well!!!

I'll be wearing my new outfit OR a sassy dress!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This look sounds absolutely gorgeous for you!! I love maxi and midi dresses.
I'm sorry you're having a hard time due to perimenopause.
I hope you'll keep the dresses even after you're back to your preferred weight (if you still wish to go back to that after some time).

We still have that date on Place Vendôme and champagne at the Ritz after C19!!
@dk168 was supposed to come as well!!!

I'll be wearing my new outfit OR a sassy dress!

Definitely!

bright&shiny

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sorry you're still in pain! Lots of healing dust to you!

The two styles I bought are made of very lightweight crêpe. Especially the one with the button is barely there without being flimsy, see through or cheap looking at all. I could definitely see this being very comfortable four your leg...

You are so sweet! That sounds wonderful and might be possible. I’ll look at the pics again and see if it’s something I can wear.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh! What a timely thread as I am going back-to-school shopping! I always say that I’m going to change up my look but who am I kidding? I gravitate towards comfortable and easy care which means: skirts (because So Cal), 100 percent cotton sleeveless tops (bc my underarms can develop rashes quickly), and platform comfy shoes from comfort brands. I hate hate hate jeans. They feel oppressive and heavy and hot and yes—even the ones that are expensive and “soft.” I wish I could wear tailored dresses and look sharp but my reality is that I prefer comfort or I will be in a bad mood and no one appreciates a teacher in a bad mood. That said, I love going out and to parties so that I can actually wear a cute outfit and I’ll put up with the discomfort bc I’ll be drinking!!! Hahhaha.

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I feel your pain, pun intended :bigsmile: I have a similar problem but with my foot. Since the accident I cannot stand anything tight over my left foot so my shoes selection has been limited to very selective pairs of sneakers and half size larger than my old size.

Between that and the pandemic 20 I gained last year, I literally only have a few things that both fit AND doesn't make me feel too self conscience. A few maxi dresses, tights with tunics, a pair of skinny jeans with a loose fitting t shirt. I'm so lucky I only go into the office every other week, because I've been rotating those few outfits each time I go in :roll:

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I've recently started embracing the slightly cropped blouse trend with high waisted shorts. My job is now fully remote, so my coworkers can only see the very top of my blouse on video calls anyway hahaha.

Pre-covid, I'd wear ankle length skinny dress pants with a long sleeve blouse to the office.

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have over 20 of them! I just bought another one yesterday:D If I remember I'll take a photo of my favourite one

Very Pretty!!

Thank you ! And yes, please share your favourite one!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results