shape
carat
color
clarity

Change to bezel

timeforachange

Rough_Rock
I have researched the forum and am
Considering changing a setting I have to bezel. Does anyone have any recs on who could do the work? Do you think it’s possible with this setting or am I looking at entire new one? I was thinking prongs could be removed and it could sit a little high with some scroll work to allow in a little light image.jpg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
You are going to have to take it to a skilled jeweler (or a few) and see what they feel they can do for you.

timeforachange

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately we don’t live near any reputable jewellers. I’ve found some online jewellers that seem ok just wondering if anyone had any recommendations. (Erstwhile, ring concierge, jr Colombian emeralds)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does this setting have sentimental value? Might be cheaper to just start from scratch and have a bezel setting made.

My recommendation would be to check with David Klass or this guy

A lot of "jewelers" dont do work on settings they did not create/sell. I think some of the ones you mentioned may be like that
but all you can do is ask.

timeforachange

Rough_Rock
Does this setting have sentimental value? Might be cheaper to just start from scratch and have a bezel setting made.

My recommendation would be to check with David Klass or this guy

A lot of "jewelers" dont do work on settings they did not create/sell. I think some of the ones you mentioned may be like that
but all you can do is ask.

Thank you! Wow the guy on insta has some beautiful rings! It was my original engagement ring so I would like to use it if possible. I got a new setting about 8 yrs ago and I’m feeling sentimental about my old one. I also kind of decided I am done with prongs. I just don’t feel like my diamond is as secure so I don’t wear it. My other thought is to have it made new with a halo of emerald so I will contact him and see!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is David Klass' instagram

Sako is a little on the $$$ side so just a heads up (but most think he's worth it).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results