shape
carat
color
clarity

Champagne tastes on a ... red wine budget. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so this is admittedly premature, but I'm going to think of it as being a positive thinker.

BUT I maybe able to get a nice second bag soon.

And I've figured out that I don't know a nice purse from a not nice purse. I really love the style of Tacori's new bag and Amber Gretchen's (which Neat Freak has).

I'm loving this bag...
http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product_view.asp?l=usa&c=usa&dept_id=18&pf_id=fz13207%2D018&id_valore1=&id_valore2=&id_valore3=&id_valore4=115&id_valore5=&nc=1#image

but the zipper tab sticking out of the back of a 400 purse is just ... kinda cheap looking for me so...

So can you guys suggest bags to me that you like?

Budget of preferrably 250-350 max and not too big, I like the size of my Dooney Which I think is 15 x 7 x 5 so... I'm willing to go to 15 x 10 x 7 or so, but that's about all I can handle.... NEED to have the whole thing zip up closed. Have a comfortable strap as my shoulders ache really easily. And durable, as I'm hard on my bags. And I seem to like Hobos and SMALL satchel like bags and shoulder bags best.

Colors are red, pewter, silver, okay.... so just about any metallic would be considered. I've decided against Brown. So red and metallic only.

I like the B. Makowski Maui A LOT but want it in a metallic, as I'm not loving the red of it.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Francesco Biasia -- I think I like her bags. Don't know anything about her.

Unfortrunatley most of the ones I like come in yellow. Not red.

How do we feel about Yellow?

Here are a few I like:

The red one above from Nordstrom.

This one which is metaliic ... http://www.bagshop.com/store/mcart.php?ID=6668 (know nothing about this store).

Love the style... but Papaya? http://www.smartbargains.com/go.sb?pagename=prod&fcloc=product&deptid=11&catid=316&prodid=1111529391&aid=74&program=13244

My favorite of them all, but again Papaya? http://www.dillards.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=301&storeId=301&langId=-1&productId=501822578&linkshare=null/affiliate

I may just get this one... at least it's red. Even if it is huge... http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/3055597?cm_cat=datafeed&cm_pla=bags:women:handbag&cm_ite=francesco_biasia_'wonder_lily'_two_belted_hobo:255045_1&cm_ven=Linkshare&siteId=J84DHJLQkR4-L5FANbD4cz5uOKfBeny5hg

Wait!!! The Papaya bags come in Berry. What's the rule about Patent again? When can I carry it and when can't I?

What do you think???

http://www.ebags.com/francesco_biasia/thelma_patent_double_handle/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=124112&productid=1321890&sourceID=GOOGFEED&color=Berry&CAWELAID=279928169

or

http://www.zappos.com/n/p/p/7538175/c/195767.html

And...um...is this hideous?

http://www.ebags.com/o_for_oscar/serpiente_zip_hobo/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=129145&rlid=detail&rcode=782031104332781

http://www.ebags.com/cole_haan/village_soft_small_pocket_hobo/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=123112 ??

http://www.ebags.com/francesco_biasia/nikki_satchel/product_detail/index.cfm?modelid=116273 Love the style, hate the color?

http://shop.nordstrom.com/S/2982244?Category=&Search=True&SearchType=guidednav&keyword=croc+in+All+Categories+%3e+Handbags+%26amp%3b+Accessories+%3e+Handbags&origin=searchresults&siteId=mH0jcSTu4.0-boTbB4xd7ySmKLF_9CXjyQ (WHY OH WHY IS THIS NOT AVAILABLE everything about it is perfect!! I'm going to have to hit Nordstrom Rack, clearly).

Okay my brain is gonna explode. I feel like a newbie on RT who knows nothing about diamonds, knows nothing about his ladies' tastes, has no idea what to buy... just wants a pretty ring for a budget.

Argh...

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll respond to your bags too ... but what about this Jcrew bag in Silver. It comes in a larger size as well. link

or this Kate Spade

Ah! I can't keep up. Maybe we should number them. None of them are jumping out at me and screaming GYPSY'S NEW BAG.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you love the B. Makowski Maui go down to the DSW downtown SF and maybe they still have the ivory one I saw. I know that color isn''t on your wish list but I think it was really chic looking and would have considered it if I didn''t have sticky hands Tessa. Plus it was under $200 (maybe even under $150)....can''t remember the exact price though. That should leave you a money to get a metallic one too!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm liking the Biasias -- especially the patent style and the last red one you showed. The "passion" hobo looks more purple than red to me, but it is a nice style.

I also like the JCrew bag deco posted in silver.

What fun!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Deco I love the J crew bag. Do you know if it''s a zip closure or not?

Tacori, I will see if I make it into the city this week to hit DSW, thanks so much for the reminder! I''m definitely hitting Nordstrom Rack in San Leandro though. They usually have some lovely items. I just don''t know enough about the brands to make an assessment of whether or not something is a good deal when I''m there. But I will try.

I need an Ipod. LOL. Then I could surf the web WHILE shopping (which would probably result in John murdering me...lol).

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 12:46:11 PM
Author: VRBeauty
I''m liking the Biasias -- especially the patent style and the last red one you showed. The ''passion'' hobo looks more purple than red to me, but it is a nice style.

I also like the JCrew bag deco posted in silver.

What fun!
You like the Patent too!?!

I just wasn''t sure if I could carry it year round. I know there is some rule about Patent. I think I''d have to see the Passion in person, but thankfully it''s at Nordstrom so if I order it and hate it, it''s an easy return, even if they don''t have it in the store.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am really picky on texture so personally I do not like it.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
None of these are screaming out at me either...I''ll keep my eyes out for you. And if you don''t find something in the meantime I''ll happily go to the rack and downtown SF with you in a few weeks!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay well, if anyone sees anything. Let me know, and thanks very much guys!

And NF, I adore Nordstrom Rack, it's my favorite place to shop, and am ALWAYS game to go. As for Downtown SF, it's a bit of a trek, but if we take Bart... yeah, why not? So OF COURSE.
11.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/28/2009 7:28:59 PM
Author: Gypsy

And NF, I adore Nordstrom Rack, it''s my favorite place to shop, and am ALWAYS game to go. As for Downtown SF, it''s a bit of a trek, but if we take Bart... yeah, why not? So OF COURSE.
11.gif

It is a bit of a trek-but if we can''t find something in the east bay for you we''ll go in someday! There is also a Off Fifth (Saks version of Nordstrom Rack) somewhere towards San Jose...but I can''t remember where. It isn''t super far from Livermore IIRC. They often have great sale bags too.

I love NR too. This is going to be dangerous having one so close-my nearest one here is 2 hours away!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, have you seen Coach''s new Maggie? Kinda of reminded me of your style.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh I LOVE THE MAGGIE Tacori. the metallic Maggie. The one that''s ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS.
39.gif
The rest of them are 400 bucks. But the one I love... 1k.

http://s7d2.scene7.com/is/image/Coach/13901_svpl_a0?$product_image$ Good call though honey. You''ve got my taste down pat. ((HUGS)). Now I just need to find that bad 75% off and we''re in business.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2009 11:17:13 AM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 6/28/2009 7:28:59 PM

And NF, I adore Nordstrom Rack, it's my favorite place to shop, and am ALWAYS game to go. As for Downtown SF, it's a bit of a trek, but if we take Bart... yeah, why not? So OF COURSE.
11.gif

It is a bit of a trek-but if we can't find something in the east bay for you we'll go in someday! There is also a Off Fifth (Saks version of Nordstrom Rack) somewhere towards San Jose...but I can't remember where. It isn't super far from Livermore IIRC. They often have great sale bags too.

I love NR too. This is going to be dangerous having one so close-my nearest one here is 2 hours away!
LOL NR is just my favorite place. So we'll hit that firs.t

I know where the Off Saks and the Neiman's outlets are by heart, I worked 5 minutes away from them. Good thing is if you sign up for the mailing lists, they occassionally send out "50% off one Item" coupons.

If we REALLY wanted a trek (but a rewarding one
11.gif
) we could hit the outlets in Gilroy. There is a lot of stuff down there. And there is another NR in Sunnyvale too.

It's going to be so nice to have you near by. ((HUGS)).

Read about your housing inspecition but had no insight. John said it's a liability issue (CYA) so they get EVERYTHING in writing they can think of, which others had said.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops, my bad. The size of the Maggie I want is actually no the LARGE maggie. So the metallic is only 660. Okay. So now I just need it 50% off! YAY! *Snort*

I do love it though. But I want a vacation somewhere tropical this year (belated honeymoon) so, not spending the moolah on a bag. Even if it is a really nice looking bag. I will visit it in person though. The local mall has a coach store
31.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought maybe you would like the red. I know they DO send out 25% coupons regularly....also I get e-mails for 20% off their outlet regularly that I could always pass your way. Since the Maggie is new it will probably take awhile for it to get there though. Maybe ebay? I''ll keep looking for you. Too bad B. Mar doesn''t seem to make metallics.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I *THINK* I may have found the perfect bag. In price, color and style. But there is only 4 left of the bag, in four different colors, and I really WANT one of them (one certain color), so I''m not posting it, as I''m waiting to buy till I find out news if job interview''s turn into an offer in the next week or so.

BUT... KC.... I love that bag, especially in this color-- especially in this color, except for the fact that it doesn''t have a zipper closure. http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=FOLP-WY118&c=Handbags&s=C&n=s

AND on that site I found this bag, which personally IN THIS COLOR, I really like a lot. And it''s the perfect size and has a zippered closure... http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=BOTK-WY96&c=Handbags&s=C&n=s

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hear ya on the zippered closure. I had the same issue when I was searching for bags. Why or why do designers think a zipper is not important?!? Anyways, I like the bag you e-mailed to me. Cute but it is scary it is a final sale. At least it is under budget so you can save up for that metallic bag. Good luck to John. He is a great guy and deserves this job!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2009 3:56:58 AM
I *THINK* I may have found the perfect bag. In price, color and style. But there is only 4 left of the bag, in four different colors, and I really WANT one of them (one certain color), so I''m not posting it, as I''m waiting to buy till I find out news if job interview''s turn into an offer in the next week or so.

BUT... KC.... I love that bag, especially in this color-- especially in this color, except for the fact that it doesn''t have a zipper closure. http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=FOLP-WY118&c=Handbags&s=C&n=s

AND on that site I found this bag, which personally IN THIS COLOR, I really like a lot. And it''s the perfect size and has a zippered closure... http://www.revolveclothing.com/DisplayProduct.jsp?product=BOTK-WY96&c=Handbags&s=C&n=s
oooooh, I can''t wait to see the perfect one!!! I''m so intruiged!!

ms.halo

Shiny_Rock
I haven''t read this entire thread, but I love the Botkier!

Have you checked out Loehmann''s on Sutter? Sometimes they have a really nice selection...

lesco

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Gypsy!

Some of the bags you have posted are heavier than others. Is weight a consideration? I hate heavy bags I'm always considering that. If so, I would first try to see the botkier IRL, they tend to be on the heavy side. I have a city clutch from F&C and I find that although the leather is superb, the finish is not as neat as in other similarly priced brands.

All of the suggestions here, the RM nikky is much lighter and the leather is fabulous but you want a zipper. Have you seen the Coach Zoe? It is a zippered hobo. They currently have a whole lot of them at the outlets. Prices were superb, about $160 for the medium size and $180 for the large, all leather.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy--

I just saw this thread and clicked on your original links. Just thought you'd like to know the second link you posted (the brown bag) is now on sale from $595 to $268...

ETA: Boo, NM it's apparently no longer available.
7.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I have been meaning to tell you I saw my lovely new B. Mar bag and TWO different TJ Maxx''s (two different states). It was $100 less.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
5/1/2009 9:02:17 PM
Author: musey

Have you kept an eye on the deals & steals area at the purse forum?

What is the purse forum? My daughter tried to throw out some brand new Dooney & Bourke purses a few years ago in a fit of madness and I had to hide them. I thought one day I would try to sell them on eBay, but never got around to it.

AGBF
34.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
any updates?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Date:
8/15/2009 12:38:31 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

any updates?

Tacori, Since you are reading this thread, maybe you can tell me what the purse forum is! Is it something on Pricescope or something off Pricescope?

AGBF
34.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/14/2009 6:18:39 PM
Author: AGBF

Date:
5/1/2009 9:02:17 PM
Author: musey
Have you kept an eye on the deals & steals area at the purse forum?
What is the purse forum? My daughter tried to throw out some brand new Dooney & Bourke purses a few years ago in a fit of madness and I had to hide them. I thought one day I would try to sell them on eBay, but never got around to it.

AGBF
34.gif
It's off PS. If you google "the purse forum," it is the first link
35.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results