shape
carat
color
clarity

Champagne tastes on a ... red wine budget. Help?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a second bag. I really only have one nicer bag, and it''s my black Dooney Croco hobo. So I want something brown/pewter/red (nice range right?).

I''m in love with two bags, and can''t afford either. My budget would be around 300 (and that''s only if I don''t buy any colored stones soon).

Can you guys help me find something to love?

Here are the two bags I really like:

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod37580013&parentId=cat207300&masterId=cat260104&index=103&cmCat=cat000000cat257221cat260104cat207300 (Gorgeous red bag. HELLO!)

http://www.bergdorfgoodman.com/store/catalog/prod.jhtml?itemId=prod43750007&parentId=cat207300&masterId=cat260104&index=26&cmCat=cat000000cat257221cat260104cat207300 (roomy, casual, great color,

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, this may not be what you're after, but I think it's very cute and you can get your colored stone too!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having a hard time with the link. It''s Target, patch hobo red.

41rAD78JRpL._AA260_.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's really cute! I should probably have said that I have other bags, but only one I really love (the Dooney) and that I'm hoping for something leather and pretty high quality (sales, anyone?). But I think that one would be great to see if I will carry a red bag (which was a worry of mine). I'm pretty boring and conservative. And you can't beat the price... 28 bucks! Nice find!

I do want something with similar dimensions to my Dooney, and a hobo.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was having a super-hard time getting the link to work, so I gave up on it. You may not like it, but I thought I'd give it a shot! I honestly have the hardest time spending any money on bags.
41.gif

ETA: I just saw your response. I suspected you might want something of higher quality!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do too. In fact this one was a ''new job'' present from my mom, when I moved back to CA for my last job. But, I do like the quality and the weight and the construction of my Dooney a lot. Hmm... wonder if Dooney has another bag I might like. I should probably go check that right? LOL.

That 600 Bergdoff''s is exactly what I want. I wonder what the chances are of getting that puppy 50% off at the end of the summer.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that''s very sweet of your mom. And, both of the bags that you picked are very stylish!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
http://www.saksfifthavenue.com/main/ProductDetail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524446211719&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=282574492709761&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=1408474399545537&bmUID=1241225426329&ev19=1:116
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Okay can I just say that Fendi bags just seem to have a style I can''t resist. It''s just that I''d rather have diamonds than spend over 1500 on a purse. But man. If this one was 500-600 I''d consider ponying up. In a different color.

LV, they are nice aren''t they... sigh. I can''t get over the metal block of them just being BAGS you know? I could get studs for the price.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Have you kept an eye on the deals & steals area at the purse forum? You can find some great stuff there... especially if your ''wants'' are broad and you''re just watching for something to catch your eye
1.gif

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was so excited -- I found this link to the Kooba bag on sale, but then I noticed it's not in stock, and the luggage shade looks quite different in these pics, no? Maybe you can call them and see if they have any in stock!

I don't understand why my links are not working tonight!!! I am going to keep trying to fix this.

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Kooba/19932.aspx

OK, link's all better now.

BeachRunner

Brilliant_Rock
I found these on E-Bay; not the exact bag you want, but same designer:

One

Two

Three

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/1/2009 9:03:29 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
I was so excited -- I found this link to the Kooba bag on sale, but then I noticed it''s not in stock, and the luggage shade looks quite different in these pics, no? Maybe you can call them and see if they have any in stock!

I don''t understand why my links are not working tonight!!! I am going to keep trying to fix this.

http://www.lunaboston.com/ProductInfo/Kooba/19932.aspx

OK, link''s all better now.
Worth a call though. Yes, it looks darker, But I''m loving it. Actually the blue is drawing my eyes. It''s beautiful@

Thanks for the find! I do love that bag.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Musey I''ll have to check that out!
4.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the first one, with one exception, the wozen leather details on the strap are too native american/southwest for me. But befoer I saw those, I was like... WOW.
The second one is really worth investigating. I''m loving it.
Third is over powered by the second.

And the out of budget one is lovely.

Found these as well.

http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product_view.asp?l=usa&c=usa&dept_id=18&pf_id=cc13118%2D002&id_valore1=&id_valore2=&id_valore3=&id_valore4=72&id_valore5=&nc=1#image

http://www.forzieri.com/usa/product_view.asp?l=usa&c=usa&dept_id=18&pf_id=fz13116%2D029&id_valore1=&id_valore2=&id_valore3=&id_valore4=&id_valore5=&search=1

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Skippy! I never would have looked on QVC (I always forget about these sites, they are so great too!) what a fabulous idea! That is a really cute bag, but... I'm not sure I can carry it off.

Is this incredibly boring? I'm not a very exciting person.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A74583.desc.Dooney-Bourke-All-Weather-Leather-Satchel-wAccessories in brown. It looks like a nice all around bag. And my Dooney has been such great quality. It's bigger than I wanted, though.

If you think it's boring you can tell me honestly. I'm the first to admit I am not very exciting with my handbags.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/2/2009 11:36:02 PM
Author: Gypsy
Skippy! I never would have looked on QVC (I always forget about these sites, they are so great too!) what a fabulous idea! That is a really cute bag, but... I'm not sure I can carry it off.

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.A74583.desc.Dooney-Bourke-All-Weather-Leather-Satchel-wAccessories in brown. It looks like a nice all around bag. And my Dooney has been such great quality. It's bigger than I wanted, though.

If you think it's boring you can tell me honestly. I'm the first to admit I am not very exciting with my handbags.

Honestly it looks really cheap. I think you could get something like that for less than $100-nevermind $300. That Botkier however is FABULOUS.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Do you like Coach? They have great deals at the outlet stores...although you cannot find samples of what they might have online. If you do like Coach and have access to an outlet store, check it out.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/3/2009 7:23:51 PM
Author: neatfreak

Date: 5/2/2009 11:36:02 PM
Author: Gypsy

Honestly it looks really cheap. I think you could get something like that for less than $100-nevermind $300. That Botkier however is FABULOUS.
And this is why I love you NF! Okay I do like the Botkier bag a lot. The size is just perfect. And it looks very classic. And the color is to die for. Hmmm. I'm not crazy about the strap though. But it may grow on me.

Italia, yes. I do have a Coach outlet near me, and I like Coach. They don't seem to have a lot of zipper closures on their bags though. But I could go check them out. Especially as there is a Michael Kors outlet right next to them. The only thing I don't like a bout Coach is the around here all the teens seem to carry them. I want something a little more... mature.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - two thoughts for you. One is to join the Bloomingdale''s e-mail list - the store in the city sells Fendi, and they often have AMAZING discounts on those bags - I saw a woman getting one for like 60% off!!

Also, I don''t know if you like any of her styles, but Rebecca Minkoff is having a sample sale in SF the Saturday of the GTG, and a few of us (me, Darcy, my mom) are heading over - you should really consider coming along and checking it out - her colors and the leather are AMAZING, and the sample sale prices should be right at/near your budget
1.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 3:55:41 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
Also, I don't know if you like any of her styles, but Rebecca Minkoff is having a sample sale in SF the Saturday of the GTG, and a few of us (me, Darcy, my mom) are heading over - you should really consider coming along and checking it out - her colors and the leather are AMAZING, and the sample sale prices should be right at/near your budget
1.gif

This was going to be one of my suggestions too! I love RM and have a few of her bags-beautiful leather. Just make sure it check them over really really thoroughly before you buy at the SS because her company is going through some growing pains and there are some QC issues right now.

I am so jealous that we won't be out there by the SS!

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy - two thoughts for you. One is to join the Bloomingdale''s e-mail list - the store in the city sells Fendi, and they often have AMAZING discounts on those bags - I saw a woman getting one for like 60% off!!

Also, I don''t know if you like any of her styles, but Rebecca Minkoff is having a sample sale in SF the Saturday of the GTG, and a few of us (me, Darcy, my mom) are heading over - you should really consider coming along and checking it out - her colors and the leather are AMAZING, and the sample sale prices should be right at/near your budget
1.gif

I was just going to say... go to the RM sample sale!! I LOVE my Nikki bags. I''m hoping to get more of a handbag ''bag'' when I go.

violet02

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2009 4:00:58 PM
Author: neatfreak

1.gif

This was going to be one of my suggestions too! I love RM and have a few of her bags-beautiful leather. Just make sure it check them over really really thoroughly before you buy at the SS because her company is going through some growing pains and there are some QC issues right now.

I am so jealous that we won''t be out there by the SS!

I have to say though they fixed the feet on my bag and had it back to me with a total turn around time of two weeks. That''s pretty darn good customer service.

I wish I could get a matinee bag.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
violet - they had matinees at the last SS, I got my black mattie there
1.gif

hisdiamondgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ummm gypsy, the Kooba Riley bag is now on sale for $417...I would jump on that =)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I totally forgot about my handbag thread!!!

Unfortunatley I made an impulse buy on ebay one night when stressed (jewelry related, not sure I''m keeping will post when I get it), and then followed that up (I blame DF''s thread) with a speeding ticket. So... No handbag for me. I''ve been a bad, bad Gypsy.

Thank you so very much for tagging me though. I will follow it with interest, maybe in a couple of months I can start thinking about handbags again.

MANY THANKS for your thoughtfulness though. I really really appreciate it!

clop

Shiny_Rock
Ditto to Musey''s tpf suggestion!

It works out perfectly that you''re postponing your purchase until later in the summer. That''s when the 50-60-70% sales start :)
Right now they''re at 40%. Good luck with your bag search!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results