shape
carat
color
clarity

Champagne peach tourmaline advice

Candylover

Rough_Rock
Hi all, I saw some small champagne peach tourmaline online for sale. I really like the colour, it is pastel like so not dark in hue. However the seller quoted 100 USD per carat, would you say that is a fair price because the colour isn't that intense and would have expected less than 100USD per carat

Last edited:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well it depends on a few factors. Is it cut by a name? Is it precision cut? Popular color? Those 3 things can raise the price of anything.

If its not, then you likely can find a similar stone elsewhere for less.

Do you have an image? sometimes that helps.

Candylover

Rough_Rock
Well it depends on a few factors. Is it cut by a name? Is it precision cut? Popular color? Those 3 things can raise the price of anything.

If its not, then you likely can find a similar stone elsewhere for less.

Do you have an image? sometimes that helps.

Thanks, I have attached a photo of the stones. I dont known if the main colour is pink or orange....yellow and orange are more rare colour of tourmaline. My eyes hurt after staring at this for too long. I dont think it is cut from anyone famous and it doesn't seem to be precision cut. 20200914_131209.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, I have attached a photo of the stones. I dont known if the main colour is pink or orange....yellow and orange are more rare colour of tourmaline. My eyes hurt after staring at this for too long. I dont think it is cut from anyone famous and it doesn't seem to be precision cut. 20200914_131209.jpg

Size on these? They're more pinkish orange to me, def. not brownish, so they're quite pretty, more pad color.... That can affect prices when you don't have undesireable tones.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Each stone is approx 0.6ct, and whole box is 7.3ct.

Hmm ok so basing off the entire box? They're nice looking tourmaline. If you have your heart set on somthing in the pad color ranges, this would be them. Still do look around to see if there's anything out there similar. If the seller is popular, just know they might stick around.

I would consider them to be well saturated, not too patchy.

Candylover

Rough_Rock
The colour is pretty and I like the shape. I guess I feel that I need justification to buy them other than "I like them" :D. Husband thinks I am collecting gemstones now which is a dangerous hobby in his eyes.

I am following many gemstone supplier and havent seen any tourmaline in this shape...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colour is pretty and I like the shape. I guess I feel that I need justification to buy them other than "I like them" :D. Husband thinks I am collecting gemstones now which is a dangerous hobby in his eyes.

I am following many gemstone supplier and havent seen any tourmaline in this shape...

your husband isn't wrong...lol At this price, its good to have a project in mind. I don't really think about the boxes that I have that are sitting in the dark :tongue:

The shape is one that will give broad flashes. They won't sparkle per se, AND you have to consider how they would look against your own skintone. I could see doing a brushed rose gold on these, but I can also see doing a brushed unplated white gold. not that it would be smart but would do a bracelet...lol

Its a decently nice suite of stones but my feeling is that they're basing on color because they're pretty. The cut though...its, OK not too terrible, but not great either, and for the price, this is an area to be picky at.

So what IS the plan for these?

peppermintpatty

Brilliant_Rock
I saw these too. I think they’re pretty. I also feel Annie’s prices are quite reasonable- to me. I think one thing you have to ask yourself is how likely is it you will find that many stones that will match one another. Good luck deciding!

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have attached a photo of the stones. I dont known if the main colour is pink or orange..

The whole picture is kinda pink to my eye. (Are they supposed to be on a white background?) My guess is that these will be less pink and less saturated IRL.

I would ask for separate photos of the pinkest and most richly saturated one -- vendor can tell which one that is.

EDIT: I like #11 the best

voce

Ideal_Rock
$100/ct is reasonable for the prettier tourmalines. If you go much below that price point all you'll get are uglier tourmalines that brown out or are too dark.

Candylover

Rough_Rock
your husband isn't wrong...lol At this price, its good to have a project in mind. I don't really think about the boxes that I have that are sitting in the dark :tongue:

The shape is one that will give broad flashes. They won't sparkle per se, AND you have to consider how they would look against your own skintone. I could see doing a brushed rose gold on these, but I can also see doing a brushed unplated white gold. not that it would be smart but would do a bracelet...lol

Its a decently nice suite of stones but my feeling is that they're basing on color because they're pretty. The cut though...its, OK not too terrible, but not great either, and for the price, this is an area to be picky at.

So what IS the plan for these?

My plan is......no plan :lol-2: maybe have them as a bracelet or necklace and I like your suggestion that it should be in rose gold. My ethnic background is Chinese, so the colours might suit me. But will require more photos if i were to decide on them as they are currently set in a white background.

Candylover

Rough_Rock
The whole picture is kinda pink to my eye. (Are they supposed to be on a white background?) My guess is that these will be less pink and less saturated IRL.

I would ask for separate photos of the pinkest and most richly saturated one -- vendor can tell which one that is.

EDIT: I like #11 the best

I agree with you and that is also my major concern. Unfortunately I can't just buy two, it is either the whole box or half of it

Candylover

Rough_Rock
So I have asked for a video of the most saturated tourmaline held by a tweezer. On the screenshot it seems more or less the same as when shown on her hand and I think they were taken in indoor lighting. The colour would be pastel peach. Due to cutting it wont have the shiny factor like you would get from a round brilliant cut stone. Hmmmmm decision decision...... 20200916_101434.jpg

kimberlyqkim

Shiny_Rock
So I have asked for a video of the most saturated tourmaline held by a tweezer. On the screenshot it seems more or less the same as when shown on her hand and I think they were taken in indoor lighting. The colour would be pastel peach. Due to cutting it wont have the shiny factor like you would get from a round brilliant cut stone. Hmmmmm decision decision...... 20200916_101434.jpg

Did you decide to get these? Mind sharing the vendor?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results