shape
carat
color
clarity

Chameleon Diamond Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
I saw one for sale that was a Tiffany & Co. chameleon diamond ring, almost 3/4 of a carat center stone. What''s a good price for that sort of thing? I don''t have any specifics on the quality of the center stone but the ring was certified as a chameleon diamond. Anyplace carry that sort of thing usually?

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Chameleon 'type' diamonds are considered a very rare breed.
A lot depends on the color hue changes..., (for example: yellow to green, but mostly its mixed with other colors like gray or brown)

Its a very rare type of diamond, but is not considered a very sought after diamond by jewelers/ consumers...

I am actually surprised Tiffany would have a piece of jewelry with a Chameleon, what shape was it? what color did it have when you saw it?

Price-wise, it could be a less expensive stone but can be an extreemly expensive stone too...

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
It was a round yellow with greenish hue, I sort of glanced at it. The chameleon part didn''t really register until later. I may look more into it but I''d definitely have to get an appaiser''s advice on this one. I''ve always wanted an Alexandrite stone actually and it was neat to find out there were diamonds with a similar quality.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Very hard to give advice blindly...
A picture can help a bit...

Ive seen some at a few thousands of ''$'', and i witnessed some that passed the Mil. $$$ mark....

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Rock Doc has one, so maybe he will chime in here...

I would think that the nature and extent of the color change would play heavily into the price.

Sometimes the rapidity and subtle nature of the color change makes the phenomenon more like a parlor game...the stone is quicker/more subtle than the eye/brain appreciates.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results