shape
carat
color
clarity

Chameleon CADs - which colour metal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got my CADs today from Diamondgeezer and I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Ok, imagine a slightly less bulky, skinnier version (because I think the CADs make things look a bit chunky) and assume square carre cut diamonds on the sides, not princess cuts.

Sooooooo which colour metal do I use?

1. All platinum
2. All platinum but with central 18k yellow gold U holding the chameleon
3. All palladium

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
I love choice 2. with the two tone metals. Love your design, BTW!
36.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2009 4:20:58 PM
Author: Fly Girl
I love choice 2. with the two tone metals. Love your design, BTW!
36.gif

Me too! Love the yellow gold head.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I''m loving the two tone as well.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like #2 the best.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Two tone, no doubt about it.
1.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Two Tone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto the others - definitely the two-tone
36.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I''m "over the moon" in love with that setting!!!
3.gif

Fabulous!!
Definetely the two tone with 18K yellow gold "U" is my preference.
I can''t wait to see it finished.
Absoluetly ga-ga-gorgeous!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two tone; it even makes an impression in the side view.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Since I''m a sucker for anything yellow it''s no brainer - two tone.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Definitely the two tone!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Two tone for sure
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mochi

Ideal_Rock
At first I wasn''t too sure of the two/tone, but seeing the CAD... I LOVE IT!! Beautiful!
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif
36.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
9.gif
Eeeeek!

This is my problem .......... I love the CAD with the yellow U but .............

With the yellow gold, it brings out the yellow of the chameleon and the colour change gets lost. The yellow gold is the same colour as the chameleon and so it all merges. I''ve also already got other yellow diamonds and so don''t really want this to look just like a normal yellow diamond (if you know what I mean)! I''m also wondering if a couple of years down the line, having a two tone ring would date. I honestly don''t know. When I look at this list, I seem to have too many negative worries.

With the platinum option, it brings out the green in the chameleon and shows the colour change more. This might make it more of an unusual piece. I don''t have any worries about it looking dated either.

I do agree with you all that looking at the CADs the yellow/platinum option looks the best BUT what it doesn''t show is the actual chameleon next to the metal colours. Before I sent it off to Diamondgeezer, I took some photos of it by both metals (yellow gold and platinum). I still couldn''t make up my mind at that point. Here''s what it looks like next to both golds - does this change or reinforce your opinions?

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Reinforces - sorry to disappoint you
2.gif

BTW, did you give some thought to my suggestion of going with green gold (like that used with mochi''s chrysoberyl)?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 2:19:10 PM
Author: ma re
Reinforces - sorry to disappoint you
2.gif

BTW, did you give some thought to my suggestion of going with green gold (like that used with mochi''s chrysoberyl)?
Yes I did. I decided against it for all the reasons that I''m veering away from the yellow - mostly because I''m worried the ring will date. Thanks for the suggestion though.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like platinum then? If the 18k yellow doesn't enhance what you want to enhance, then go with a nice cool platinum. What about fancy yellow side stones to add some contrast to your chameleon?

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 2:43:52 PM
Author: mercoledi
Sounds like platinum then? If the 18k yellow doesn''t enhance what you want to enhance, then go with a nice cool platinum. What about fancy yellow side stones to add some contrast to your chameleon?
I think I''m going that way. It''s such a touch decision. I''m usually really decisive but this diamond has completely thrown me!

I thought about adding colour sides and even have a pair of greens that might have worked. The problem was that when the chameleon changes colour, the side yellows have to be just the right colour to look good with it no matter and I think that would have taken a lot of searching and $s! Luckily I already had the white carre cut side diamonds so this helped to make the setting more affordable (and I''m incredibly impatient and need to be wearing the chameleon NOW) :)

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Two tone!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/17/2009 2:49:45 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Sounds like platinum then? If the 18k yellow doesn''t enhance what you want to enhance, then go with a nice cool platinum. What about fancy yellow side stones to add some contrast to your chameleon?

I think I''m going that way. It''s such a touch decision. I''m usually really decisive but this diamond has completely thrown me!

I thought about adding colour sides and even have a pair of greens that might have worked. The problem was that when the chameleon changes colour, the side yellows have to be just the right colour to look good with it no matter and I think that would have taken a lot of searching and $s! Luckily I already had the white carre cut side diamonds so this helped to make the setting more affordable (and I''m incredibly impatient and need to be wearing the chameleon NOW) :)

Gottcha, colors are tricky! I say go with the platinum then and get it on your finger. It sounds like you''re never going to be happy with the tone of the gold against the changing color of your lovely diamond. Why must these stones have so much personality?
2.gif

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Shoot. Looks like i am alone here, but i actually prefer just the white metal rather than the two tone. I just really like the fluidity of the one-color metal!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/17/2009 3:03:46 PM

Date: 4/17/2009 2:49:45 PM
Author: LovingDiamonds

Gottcha, colors are tricky! I say go with the platinum then and get it on your finger. It sounds like you''re never going to be happy with the tone of the gold against the changing color of your lovely diamond. Why must these stones have so much personality?
2.gif
I know!!!! I''ve never had so much trouble! This one has a bit too much personality
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
After reading your worries I''m going to change my vote to the platinum.
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking at the new pictures, I still say two tone. However, it''s your ring so if you prefer PT, then that''s the way you should go.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results