shape
carat
color
clarity

Certification

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lisa616

Rough_Rock
Please help!! We are looking for a diamond anniversary band and are completely overwhelmed! I found a beautiful ring, platinum, 5 diamonds across (.4 carats ea.). The stones are a ''G'' and a vs1. The jeweler says the stones aren''t certified because they typically don''t certify stones that small. We could have them send the ring out for $150.00. Is this common? Any help would be tremendously appreciated!

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
Lisa616, welcome to the forum.

It is quite common that small stones are not certified because it will make them more expensive. In the internet, however, you can find certified diamonds as small as 0.2ct because people rely on it when buying sight unseen.

You can check your band with independent appraiser to make sure the diamond grades are indeed as represented.

Good luck
1.gif

Lisa616

Rough_Rock
Thanks! Could you tell me how to go about finding an independent appraiser? We live in Akron, Ohio! Thanks!

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I'm not sure how close they are to Akron, but here's 2 appraisers listed on the pricescope list:

Thomas Constantine, GG
Gemstone Services, Inc.
Cleveland, OH Independent gem and jewelry appraiser. Also offers faceting services for damaged stones and gem identification.

1280 SOM Center Rd. Cleveland, OH 44124; ph: 440-460-0605

Catherine S. Lee
GG, NAJA
Lee Appraisals & Gem Consultations
Cuyahoga Falls, OH Catherine is an independent appraiser and doesn't buy or sell. Services include appraisals, gem identifications and reports. Catherine is a GIA Graduate Gemologist, and has worked in the jewelry industry for 20 years. She is an accredited member of The National Association of Jewelry Appraisers, and The American Society of Jewelry Historians. All work is done at her office in front of the customer by appointment.
126 Portage Trail, Room 209, Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio 44221; Ph: 330-928-8940; [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results