shape
carat
color
clarity

Certificate with no dimensions

adom

Rough_Rock
Ok, so you guys are continuing to teach me. I thought I would start perusing internet diamonds.

I was on good old gold and saw these Solasfera diamonds. I clicked on one just to check out the details:
http://www.goodoldgold.com/ecommerce/1-13ct-i-vs1-solasfera-round-diamond.html

It has a GIA report with only limited dimensions. I am guessing that this is ok or normal for some reason, like maybe all the other scans negate the value of those numbers.

Please share your thoughts. Thanks

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is a specialty cut and not a regular round brilliant. That is why the report is a little different. Solasfera's are beautifully cut stones and GOG supplies plenty of additional helpful info.

adom

Rough_Rock
perfect. Thank you so much! :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its a branded cut so they probably dont want to identify the angles to keep people from copying it.

adom

Rough_Rock
^ good point

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a Solasfera round.
They have 10 sides instead of the usual 8.
Somehow this eliminates 'contrast leakage' seen in even the best-cut conventional 8-sided rounds.
The IS image is solid blood red and to get this the angles have to be near those of an ideal round.

It has spectacular light performance but so does my ACA round, which has the usual 8 sides.
IMO they have equally fantastic light performance.
Since it has 20% more sides the Solasfera has 20% more facets for 20% more flashes, each of which are 20% smaller.
You might argue then that they two have equal light return.
But the Solasfera actually has MORE light return since no light leaks out the bottom via those contrast leakage triangles common in 8-sided rounds.
Of course rounds with heavy brillinanteering also have no contrast leakage but that's the result of painting and digging.

adom

Rough_Rock
Wow, so many options, so much to learn!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results