shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceremony to Reception Time Length

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
My friends will be traveling from Pittsburgh to Johnston Hour and Half to Two Hours away.
Our parents and family will be coming up from Bedford which is a hour away depending on where they live.
We do have a few family members fifteen minutes away from the reception location.

Bedford 38 out of 96
Pittsburgh 13 out of 96
Other more than 2 hours 16 out of 96

For some reason I feel bad for making people travel and wondering if I can even fit in a ceremony away from the reception is around 20 mins.
8.gif
Should I be feeling this bad? Will people actually not come because of the driving distance??

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
I forgot to note we plan on inviting 200 people or so these were our starting numbers.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Sorry - I''m a bit confused about what the numbers represent? Can you clarify?

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I think that 60 out of 75 of our guests will have to drive a minimum of 3 hours to get to our wedding, so don''t feel bad! I think people fully expect it. And my friends and I often drive an hour each way just to attend each other''s random parties and get togethers, so an hour drive is nothing!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
People do expect it. I''m also confused on your numbers.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I was rambling a bit
37.gif
We only have 96 on our wedding invite list so far out of that list:
Bedford 38 out of 96 of already on our list have to travel one hourish
Pittsburgh 13 out of 96 of already on our list have to travel Two Hours
Other more than 2 hours 16 out of 96 of already on our list
29 guests are only up to thirty minutes away

Hope this helps! I really need help on this one.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m a bit confused too, but it sounds like you''re saying that these people will have to drive X minutes to get to your wedding. (Your title suggests that there is some distance between your ceremony location and your reception location, is this a separate issue?)

If you''re asking whether it is bad to invite people to a wedding outside of their immediate location, I don''t see a problem with it. Host your wedding where you want to host it.

If you''re asking whether it is bad to host your reception at a location that is some distance from your ceremony location, my answer is that it isn''t ideal. I would try to keep your ceremony and reception as near to each other in time and distance as possible.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 8:43:52 PM
Author: Haven
I''m a bit confused too, but it sounds like you''re saying that these people will have to drive X minutes to get to your wedding. (Your title suggests that there is some distance between your ceremony location and your reception location, is this a separate issue?)

If you''re asking whether it is bad to invite people to a wedding outside of their immediate location, I don''t see a problem with it. Host your wedding where you want to host it.

If you''re asking whether it is bad to host your reception at a location that is some distance from your ceremony location, my answer is that it isn''t ideal. I would try to keep your ceremony and reception as near to each other in time and distance as possible.

My issue is making them drive I feel like is already a long distance and the ceremony location (that I like so far)is around 20 minutes from the reception is this to far when I am already making them drive a long distance to even participate on our day?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t think it''s too far to ask people to drive 20 minutes from the ceremony to the reception location. It is your wedding day; I certainly wouldn''t be upset to drive to a loved one''s wedding and then have another 20 minute drive from the ceremony to the reception.

PrincessMiaPuff

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 9:09:17 PM
I don''t think it''s too far to ask people to drive 20 minutes from the ceremony to the reception location. It is your wedding day; I certainly wouldn''t be upset to drive to a loved one''s wedding and then have another 20 minute drive from the ceremony to the reception.
Thanks Haven, Still feeling guilty since most are driving a long distance already. I contacted the place and starting that process hopefully I will love and not feel so bad.

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2009 9:09:17 PM
Agreed. Twenty minutes isn''t far at all. I''ve had to drive 45 minutes from a ceremony to a reception before, and since directions were excellent, no one had a problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results