shape
carat
color
clarity

Ceremony Help!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Ladies...

Just a quick note to ask a question and enlist your help...

Fi and I are finally starting to work on the ceremony.. and we know a couple things we want.. but are having a general hard time with some other stuff:

1: We want to do the traditional vows..
2: We want to say something personal before we exchange vows.
3. We want one short reading (a Neruda poem)
4. We want a sand ceremony
5. No more than 15 min. (ok.. maybe 20 tops)

Other than that.. not really sure about the flow or order of things.. its just a concept I am having a hard time grasping.. any ideas would be extremely helpful and much appreciated.

Help!!! please!!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Jaders, I wish I could help but I haven''t even begun to figure out our ceremony yet. What is a sand ceremony?
Maybe your officiant could start, do some talking, have the reading done, he does a little more talking or just introduces the significance of the sand ceremony, then he transitions nicely and you do the personal vows and then the traditional vows.
Are you looking to throw in other things besides the above or just trying to figure out order for them?

val951

Rough_Rock
I''m C&P''ing this straight from my program:

Processional
Welcome
Reading (From Sonnets From the Portuguese, Christopher Marlowe)
Betrothal
Espousal Vows
Sand Ceremony
Exchange of Rings
Blessing
Recessional

It looks like a lot, but I''m thinking the whole thing will be abotu 20-30 mins. Hopefully on the shorter end of that spectrum! Each of those "sections" are pretty short. Actually, I think the longest part is the betrothal or the sand ceremony. Hope that helps you some!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Are ceremony was pretty short, maybe around 20 mins total. What I did was googled "sample ceremony" and basically cut and pastes the parts I liked. It was less pressure and work than writing our own but still gave us creative control.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, I don''t remember the specifics of your wedding, but whoever is performing the ceremony should be able to help you with the order. My ceremony was in a church, and the minister made up the entire ceremony and then let us go through it and change what we wanted. It also was only about 15/20 minutes.
1.gif

Jas12

Ideal_Rock
Hi jaders--our officiant gave us a written copy of the typical ceremony they use and then we were told that we could omit, amend or add anything we wanted. I have yet to do this, but at least I know that I have a framework that can be worked with. Can you do something similar?

Jaders731

Brilliant_Rock
Morning everyone...

Thank you all for your input... it is helping a lot.

Just for a little background info:

My grandfather well be officiating. He has given us samples... and we have read through them.. and like bits and pieces here and there.

I think what we have decided to do, is give him free reign for the beginning.. (we both trust him completely). This beginning will also include the welcome and the "who gives this woman..." piece. My grandfather is a really good story teller, so I am SURE he will have plenty to say.. we will then move into the personal vows, and the exchange of traditional vows. We are thinking of having a reading of a Pablo Neruda poem here..and From there I believe we will move into the exchange of rings part of the ceremony, with a little diddy from my grandfather (sounds really funny to say that.. but if you knew my Papa.. youwould think "diddy" was appropriate) We will then exchange rings and continue on with the Sand Ceremony (which I found a great little website that has the vases and colored quartz sand on sale.. woohoooo)... Papa will then close out the ceremony and end with:

"You may now kissy face and huggy bear!!" LOL.. now.. sounds silly yes.. but its his thing.. and he informed me we couldnt change it.. LOL.. I think it will be cute.. and our guests will get a chuckle.. he is just such a special man..

I think that lastnight I was just soo stressed.. and I needed to sleep on it. Things seem a little bit clearer to me now...

Thank you all for your insight and help!!! I really appreciate it... I apologize in advance for my stress levels.. I think that I have hit that stress wall that comes with being two months out... not only have I hit it... I am banging my head on it.. over and over and over and over...
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results