shape
carat
color
clarity

Centerpiece containers

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m gonna have to learn that photoshop when school ends the end of this month!! Sounds SO useful!!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
The dahlia is beautiful! Have you found anywhere that offers them?
I think the carnation idea is a great one and looks a lot like the hydr. bouquets to me. Someone else posted some carnation bouquets in one of your threads before that were similar and very pretty.
I am looking fwd to see what you decide!

Btw, I noticed in a thread from awhile back that you were considering doing your own cake. Did you ever take the fondant class? Just wondering.. I considered doing mine myself too for a brief moment and my trial made me realize that I am better off ordering. But it was fun to try!
I''m still in search of the perfect rose for me, who knew there were so many varieties! Although I''m still considering other flowers if Costco changes their choices in time and would let me order single colors. We''ll see...

So_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 3:03:38 PM
Author: dixie94
I think the carnation idea is a great one and looks a lot like the hydr. bouquets to me. Someone else posted some carnation bouquets in one of your threads before that were similar and very pretty.

Btw, I noticed in a thread from awhile back that you were considering doing your own cake. Did you ever take the fondant class? Just wondering.. I considered doing mine myself too for a brief moment and my trial made me realize that I am better off ordering. But it was fun to try!
I''m still in search of the perfect rose for me, who knew there were so many varieties! Although I''m still considering other flowers if Costco changes their choices in time and would let me order single colors. We''ll see...
I want to ask a florist how much they''d charge to do a bouquet of dahlias because I haven''t found them on any of the DIY sites. So I am still researching ideas. If you find a nice open rose and a good price on them, please let me know....that would be wonderful as I believe you and I both like the full flower look :)

I am really excited about the carnation-as-hydrangea idea for centerpieces!! They really look similar and not so carnation-y!! Plus, of course, they are cheap!! Any idea when costco needs an order by? I keep meaning to check on that so I know how long I have to decide but keep forgetting. Maybe you''ve found out already?

Cake: Hmmm........No I never ended up taking that class: I called to late and they were booked. Instead I did a search on my local Knot board and found a freelance baker who charges per cake and not per guest and that saved me $200!! She''ll do fondant and any flavor I want. I saw pics of her work and she''s really talented and she comes recommended by a few brides.........so that ended well. I don''t have to learn that skill and we still get an affordable cake for $200!! Yay!!

So, are you planning on using roses for your centerpieces as well as your bouquet?

Liquiddazi

Shiny_Rock
I like those a lot!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 3:16:58 PM
Author: So_happy

Date: 4/3/2007 3:03:38 PM
Author: dixie94

I want to ask a florist how much they''d charge to do a bouquet of dahlias because I haven''t found them on any of the DIY sites. So I am still researching ideas. If you find a nice open rose and a good price on them, please let me know....that would be wonderful as I believe you and I both like the full flower look :)

I am really excited about the carnation-as-hydrangea idea for centerpieces!! They really look similar and not so carnation-y!! Plus, of course, they are cheap!! Any idea when costco needs an order by? I keep meaning to check on that so I know how long I have to decide but keep forgetting. Maybe you''ve found out already?

Cake: Hmmm........No I never ended up taking that class: I called to late and they were booked. Instead I did a search on my local Knot board and found a freelance baker who charges per cake and not per guest and that saved me $200!! She''ll do fondant and any flavor I want. I saw pics of her work and she''s really talented and she comes recommended by a few brides.........so that ended well. I don''t have to learn that skill and we still get an affordable cake for $200!! Yay!!

So, are you planning on using roses for your centerpieces as well as your bouquet?
I''m still researching the roses but have a few favorites so far. When I''m not feeling as lazy, I''ll post them. I haven''t picked a place yet though and am still figuring out who has what varieties of roses. Just looking at most sites, it''ll say "pink roses" so I''ve been calling to find out what styles they actually have b/c some look way different than others. Most aren''t the big, open ones that we seem to like but there are a few out there.
Can''t remember Costco''s order by date, I''ve been looking at too many websites these days.

That''s great about the cake! Great price too!

Well, whatever flower I end up picking I will use for bouquets and centerpieces. I want to make it as easy as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results