shape
carat
color
clarity

center stone size question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikester

Rough_Rock
I would like to purchase this Diamond Halo ring:
http://store.pearlmansjewelers.com/jewelry/view/4833/

I am considering a .23-.27 carat center stone versus .38-.42 carat center stone. I am open to your thoughts, thanks!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Is that decision because you think one will look better? Personally, I think if you can afford it, I would go with the bigger size. A halo on a diamond .23-.27 carats seems like overkill to me. I think that center will be greatly dwarfed.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''d rather put more money into a slightly bigger diamond than put it into a halo. Putting a small diamond in a halo setting can enhance it but if the center stone is too small, it can actually emphasize its smallness instead because it looks rather odd.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/3/2007 1:03:26 PM
Author: Chrono
I''d rather put more money into a slightly bigger diamond than put it into a halo. Putting a small diamond in a halo setting can enhance it but if the center stone is too small, it can actually emphasize its smallness instead because it looks rather odd.
I agree. If budget is a consideration, then I''d put most of the money toward the stone and go with a simple setting.

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
Am I understanding correctly from the website that they pick your center diamond for you and then place it in the setting? Or are you buying just the setting from them? I would not have them pick your center stone... I would much rather pick one myself and have it set in the setting- that way, you can make sure you have a stone that really sparkles!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results