shape
carat
color
clarity

Celebrity Sighting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Kinda late to the game..

I was in NYC about a year ago and we were eating at Osteria al Doge and Tyra Banks was there. She walked out of the restaurant with a hand up near her face because she was worried people would recognize her and try and talk to her I guess....no one really cared that she was there...she just looked stupid. When she went out to the car she acted like there were tons of paparazzi--there was no one at all. It was hilarious.

We also were walking to see a show on broadway and Jane Fonda was there with her grandkids. The next day we went to see Wicked and she was there with her grandkids....she wore he sunglasses until the lights went out...but I appreciated that she was the first one standing applauding the show at the end.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 2:59:56 PM
Author: stephbolt
Date: 1/22/2010 2:32:59 PM

Author: monarch64

Date: 1/22/2010 1:30:39 PM

Author: Hudson_Hawk

Date: 1/22/2010 12:44:11 PM

Author: mtjoya

Oh yea, another one! I forgot! I was coming out of the elevator with a friend going into work and I see Erik Estrada. I just looked at him pointing and he comes over laughing and gave us both a hug and kiss on the cheek! LOL...I was still
6.gif

Everything happens in the elevator!

My friend was at a wedding in the Boston area and stayed at a hotel nearby. He was waiting for the elevator to the lobby and when the door opened up Tom Brady was in the elevator. He got to ride down to the lobby with him but was too much of a wimp to do anything other than nod and say hello (SUCH a guy thing!). Giselle was not with him...
Well technically anything more than a nod would''ve been ROUGHING THE BRADY. So good thing he wimped out.
11.gif
9.gif
Hah I love you Monnie. Brady would definitely have been calling for the flag on that one.

Hahaha very true ladies!

I keep thinking of things! My BFF''s FIL played for the Colts in the 70''s.

IloveAsschers13

Brilliant_Rock
Last year I met Ben Folds in Ann Arbor- he was SOOO nice!

I also met the band Yellowcard, I don''t think they are together.

I met Matt Costa- if you have seen the movie Transamerica, a TON of his songs are the soundtrack.

I also met Eric Hutchinson. He was super nice too and it was at a small intimate theatre. His song is kind of the theme song of the movie Sisterhood of the Traveling pants 2.

I see a BUNCH of Red Wings players around my town because a lot of them live in Detroit suburbs. For example the girl I nanny for goes to the same school as Darren McCarty''s daughter. It''s so cute she has her dad sign a bunch of little scraps of paper and gives them to her friends.
3.gif
I think it''s adorable. Also I used to see Chelios all the time around town.

I also have SEEN Kobie Bryant in person SO TALL! A ton of celebrities stay in the nice hotel downtown Birmingham so we see them walking around. Same thing with Somerset mall- we see a ton of people who are sports stars mostly but once in a while. My boyfriend has valeted for David Spade and Miley Cyrus hahaha he said that that was a funny one to see in person.

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
Who have I seen recently????

"Uncle Flloyd"
32.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i haven''t had many celebrity sightings... the few i have are really obscure.

back in 99, i saw candice bergen walking near central park. i''ve met a few members of george strait''s band. i''ve seen linda davis [use to backup sing for reba and had a brief singing career on her own]. met a few of janet jackson''s dancers.

and i once met mystikal. he was a rapper for a brief while. right out of college, i was brought a jag to get detailed + worked on for my boss and while i was waiting for it, mystikal walked in with a lady. he was picking up his jag that had just gotten detailed. i asked for his autograph [it was when he was popular].

i saw sammy kershaw at target once. he''s a country singer that was married to lorrie morgan.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Ooh I love Project Runway!

I saw David Beckham in NYC this past summer. He was at FAO Schwartz and I worked in the same building, so I heard from a friend''s friend and a bunch of us raced down there. BF, who is a HUGE soccer buff, got a picture with him (I took it because BF shoved the phone in my hand - never mind that I want to be in the picture too! Jerk...)
3.gif

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I met Mary Lou Retton at Wal Mart in Houston. She was returning something at the Service Desk. I met Harry Casey, KC of KC and the Sunshine Band, at a bar in Houston He was just hanging out...not performing. We used to run into some of the Houston Oiler players, back in the day, at different restaurants.

Clint Black and Renee'' Zellweger are from Katy, TX and I''m hoping to run into them when they come home.

My late Mom grew up with Kenny Rogers. Here she is with him a few years ago. This is back stage when he was performing at the Arena Theatre in Houston. I was sick and couldn''t go to the show.

Lori

MOM AND KENNY2.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/22/2010 10:15:44 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
Ooh I love Project Runway!

I saw David Beckham in NYC this past summer. He was at FAO Schwartz and I worked in the same building, so I heard from a friend''s friend and a bunch of us raced down there. BF, who is a HUGE soccer buff, got a picture with him (I took it because BF shoved the phone in my hand - never mind that I want to be in the picture too! Jerk...)
3.gif
23.gif
David Beckham?! I am beyond jealous. He''s so hot I can''t STAND it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know who tim gunn is - is it a country singer?

taovandel

Brilliant_Rock
Days of Our Lives actress Dierdra Hall''s twin sister, Andrea was a teacher at my middle school (Special Education) adn owned a restaurant....she also would direct plays...she was on Days of our lives for years playing Marlena''s twin sister (Samantha).

We saw Toby from the Office driving a car in NY.

I also have met the cast of Roswell and hung out with William Sadler (He''s been in a ton of stuff--great character actor)

I saw Rachel Dratch walking down 52nd and Broadway.

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 10:59:37 AM
Author: Cehrabehra
Tim Gunn is the mentor on Project Runway and the creative director at Liz Claiborne.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Holy moly - I loooooove Tim Gunn!!!!! That''s so fabulous!

I was raised in Vegas, so had plenty of celebrity sightings over the years. Schwarzenneger and Maria Shriver at a restaurant at Caesar''s, Jerry Seinfeld at the forum shops, I ate lunch with the lead singer of Slipknot (had no idea he was a VW fan, but he came to Vegas to buy my ex''s Corrado), Ben Folds, Heidi Klum, Tom Hanks, etc.

In Dallas, the only famous people I have run into are Lisa Loeb (she owns a restaurant called Breadwinners) and Marc Cuban.

Mystra

Rough_Rock
Hmmm... I''ve worked in Manhattan a while, but I''ve only rarely really seen anybody famous and a few were pretty obscure. LOL!
I just have a knack for remember names and faces, so usually I''d place the "familiar" face. I''ve seen a few famous folks on trips to Los Angeles also.

I guess about 10 years ago I saw Robert Davi in a NYC black limo/cab (if you live/work there you know what I mean). He was the bad guy in one of the 80''s Bond films. I think it was The Living Daylights. He was also the chick''s boss in Profiler. I remember that the only reason I even saw him was that he was lighting up a cigar and it lit up his face and the interior of the car, it was a very "godfathery" moment. My college gal pals and I were leaving a dance club and nobody else seemed to know who he was, but I''m a die-hard James Bond fan, even though this movie wasn''t great.

I saw Matt Lauer walking down the street in NYC near Rockerfeller plaza. That must have been 8 years ago. I remember being surprised by just how TALL he was and that he was definitely losing his hair.

Crossing the street to an appointment near my job I remember seeing Rosario Dawson. No one who was with me had any clue who she was. She was definitely incognito with no makeup, red sweatpants and a hoodie. She looked young and happy.

I saw them filming an episode of Lawn and Order SVU once. I saw Chris Meloni and Mariska Hargitay stalking down a city street after a bad guy. That was cool, I think that happened near SoHo.

Maybe a few years ago I saw Christian Seriano, that designer who won Project Runway one season. He was getting out of a car and ran in Macy''s on 34th street. That was interesting. I only knew him because of that signature spiky, weird haircut.

Once on my walk to Grand Central I ran into some filming going on. Next thing I know I''m looking at Robin Williams in the middle of a scene. I think it was like 3 years ago. I remember that this was the first time where I was literally totally starstruck. I couldn''t believe I was actually looking at Robin Williams!!!

In LA at Mastro''s Steakhouse I saw Bradley Cooper before he got really famous with that Vegas Honeymoon movie. He was having dinner with friends a few tables away.

My funniest "star" sighting was Danny Bonaduce. I was at a restaurant in LA with female co-workers and he comes out of a bathroom wearing a skin tight Under Armor long sleeve shirt. He smiled and waved at us and went straight to the bar. That made us all crack up. He looked hugely, obscenely muscled and his hair was VERY red. Not that he''s really a star.... but he was definitely unmistakable.

On one of my plane trips to LA, Noah Wyle and his family were getting on the same flight. He has a boy and a girl, and they were adorable and very blond. They took after their mother. He was Dr. Carter on E.R and I LOVED him for the longest time.

My most recent happened last week, as I was walking to another appointment with my boss we saw that famous wedding planner. I think his name is David Tuttera. It was very cold and he was shorter and thinner than I would have thought. He was wearing a shiny, gray suit and talking on his cell phone. He walked very fast.

Hmmmm... I guess I''ve seen more people than I thought, still this is over the course of years.... New York is great for sightings.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Sat behind Josh Howard (Dallas Mavericks) in health class in college (my last name is behind his in the alphabet). Whined to Shaq on Twitter once about my section never winning tshirts at the Suns game and he sent cheerleaders with a t-shirt for me and that night the section won t-shirts as well.

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 12:13:16 PM
Author: taovandel
Days of Our Lives actress Dierdra Hall''s twin sister, Andrea was a teacher at my middle school (Special Education) adn owned a restaurant....she also would direct plays...she was on Days of our lives for years playing Marlena''s twin sister (Samantha).

We saw Toby from the Office driving a car in NY.

I also have met the cast of Roswell and hung out with William Sadler (He''s been in a ton of stuff--great character actor)

I saw Rachel Dratch walking down 52nd and Broadway.
What a small world! I was a gull from 1995-1998 When did you go to GNMS? I remember seeing Andrea a lot and laughing because my Mum was a huge Days fan back in the day.

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
For some reason I can''t edit my post, but also, when my mom and I went to visit this college we got lost on campus and the person who gave us directions was Tim Duncan, who was very nice.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
I got to shake hands and get a picture taken with Kevin Gillespie tonight (finalist from this last season of Top Chef) because I went to eat at his restaurant in Atlanta, GA. All I could say to him was, "This is so awesome!"

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2010 1:08:52 PM
Author: April20

Tim Gunn is the mentor on Project Runway and the creative director at Liz Claiborne.

ahhh - I totally would not have recognized him... even after you telling me who he is I still don''t know lol. I doubt I would recognize many people on the spot. My mom did hair for movies and television and met scores of very famous people but I didn''t meet any of them lol I''m sure they heard a lot of stories about me from her though lol

April20

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/24/2010 5:58:21 AM

Date: 1/23/2010 1:08:52 PM
Author: April20

ahhh - I totally would not have recognized him... even after you telling me who he is I still don''t know lol. I doubt I would recognize many people on the spot. My mom did hair for movies and television and met scores of very famous people but I didn''t meet any of them lol I''m sure they heard a lot of stories about me from her though lol
I''m actually awful at recognizing people most of the time, but there''s something about Tim Gunn that''s really recognizable. He''s a silver fox! And his voice is VERY distinctive. That added to my Project Runway addiction and I knew who he was from behind.
3.gif

Prana

Brilliant_Rock
I met Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton a few times, sort of random.

I have also seen (at our local outlet mall) John Travolta, Ricky Lake, Renee Zellweger, and the late Patrick Swaze.

The chep Jaque Pepin (sp?) lives in the next town over, and I see him at the grocery store frequenlty. He actually lives pretty close to me.

My brother, who used to be a volunteer fireman, responded to a call about a toaster fire at Ricki Lake''s house, he said she was really rude.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got nuthin. My mom was being seen at the Mayo clinic years and years ago at the same time Jackie O was there-she peeked in and saw her thru an open door before they could close it. And she met Fred Grandy, Gopher from the Love Boat, when he was the Governor of Iowa. JD and my brother know a guy who''s had bit parts in movies. The only one I can think of offhand is Independence Day. Iowa isn''t a hotbed of celebrity activity.

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
~Saw Hedo Turkoglu at a club once, about 6 months ago (he''s an NBA player). He was nice, but not very chatty.

~Also met and hung out with Smilez and Southstar at a club a few years back.

A couple of years ago I used to work at a Starbucks which was inside a swanky hotel, and I met a few different celebrities ..

~I saw the entire "Terror Squad", chatted with and got hit on by Fat Joe

~Also got hit on by Mark Curry (from Hangin with Mr. Cooper)

Both of those men are definitely old enough to be my father
14.gif
I know there has to be more celebrities I''ve met, but these are the ones that come to mind right now .. I''m really not someone who is affected by the prescence of a celebrity though.

Delster

Ideal_Rock
Gabriel Byrne!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results