shape
carat
color
clarity

Celebrity Rings

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
I’ve had a couple posts on here and have become much more educated on diamonds in the last month. I’m currently working with DBL on a radiant stone and custom setting. One of the things that drew me to the radiant cut was it’s uniqueness and the fact that it was different than the rings I see all day long... RB’s on pave bands. Out of boredom, I started looking at celebrity rings, and fancy cuts and colored stones are much more popular than for the general population. Like I’d estimate that on the lists I looked at, only 25% were RB’s. I know rounds will always be timeless and “in style,” but do you all think that fancy cuts are growing in popularity (especially cushions, asschers, emeralds, and pears)?

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think fancy cuts are easier to wear in bigger carats. 5+ cts in a MRB sticks up higher than a 10 ct emerald cut (if that makes sense). I think that may have something to do with it.

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you look back in celeb history, Jewelry was & has always been a fashion statement. The majority of big stars wore fancy cuts. History repeats itself, and though the golden age idols are long gone, their good taste has been passed on, and noticed by the newbies on the big screen. Fancy cuts have always been hot in the celebrity world. I just don’t think many take the time to stop & notice...

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
My fave celebrity ring is Blake Lively’s (her 2nd setting) .

I wanted an oval, but because I have chubby big fingers... I would have needed like 8 carats to have it look decent. :cry2::cry2::cry2:

lagirlie

Shiny_Rock
I think fancy cuts are easier to wear in bigger carats. 5+ cts in a MRB sticks up higher than a 10 ct emerald cut (if that makes sense). I think that may have something to do with it.

This was the one thing I had not noticed until I was ring shopping!! I hate how high larger MRBs stick up!!! I loooove how they look from the top, but so weird from the side. I had my own MRB set as low as possible so it’s bearable, but I think I’m really sensitive to it. My moms is really high set and I never noticed growing up, but now it’s all I can focus on when she’s around lol

kindred

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think that fancy cuts tend to look better in larger sizes, so you will not see as many in rings worn by non-celebs. The average engagement diamond is probably well under 1 ct, and round brilliants still have nice presence in those smaller sizes, so you will see more of them.

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
The size difference makes sense. For me, a 1 carat emerald was underwhelming as it’s difficult to see all the faceting of the stone that make it so special. And I see what you all are saying that a 8+ carat round may look ridiculous. Guess this scenario naturally leads the average person to round and wealthy to fancy cut. I was just shocked as I flipped through celebrity rings that I saw so many ovals, cushions, emeralds, etc.

I just had never considered anything but round before I started my journey because that’s pretty much all my friends/family have. It was only by chance that I put a ring on in a jewelry store with rectangular stone that I fell in love with how it looked, which has led me down the rabbit hole of finding the perfect radiant.

ClemsonPurdue

Rough_Rock
My fave celebrity ring is Blake Lively’s (her 2nd setting) .

I wanted an oval, but because I have chubby big fingers... I would have needed like 8 carats to have it look decent. :cry2::cry2::cry2:
I love Blake Lively’s ring! And am so envious of her hands. Stubby fat fingers here, too! I feel like I can’t wear dainty settings because of it, lol.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fancy cuts can be more affordable and some people are bored of rounds. I don’t like sharp corners so squares are not for me. Pears are lovely and I would love one!

jamesallenrings

Rough_Rock
You bring up an interesting point! Rounds are cut to maximize sparkle and hide imperfections, so that could be one reason why they're so popular.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results