shape
carat
color
clarity

Celebrating my 25th Anniversary with this Deco Ring (Unicorn 4.11 ct OEC Part Deux)

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
My 25th anniversary ring by Daniel M is finally done and I am just over the moon!

Many thanks to the PSers who gave me design advice along the way-I appreciate you all (especially the OEC Insta Posse). A special thank you to @missy for holding my hand throughout this process.

Stats: 4.11 ct M VS1 OEC set in Platinum with .76 cts I/J Full Cut Melee

Introducing Josephine aka Josie:

IMG_1719.jpg

Apologies for my less than perfect manicure. And try to envision Josie on longer more elegant fingers than mine ;-)
IMG_1563.jpg

Josie with my 2.85 ct F VS2 engagement ring
IMG_1672.jpg

The gallery-I decided to go with a wave pattern like @maryjane04's ring because I love the ocean.
IMG_1749.jpg

p.s. @yssie you were right! Finding well matched lower color single cut melee was a challenge!

Last edited:

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! So much big bling! Congrats !

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Aww wow congrats!! I feel so honoured to even have a mention in your post!! Happy 25 year anniversary and you deserve every bit of Josie (what a fitting name!!)!! She has an amazing presence on your finger. I love the design you picked for your unicorn OEC.

I kinda feel sad that your 2.85 ct F VS2 emerald cut doesn't have a name lol.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
It’s so beautiful!!!! Did Dan source the melee? Wow wow wow!!! Congratulations on your anniversary and on this drop dead gorgeous stone!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Aww wow congrats!! I feel so honoured to even have a mention in your post!! Happy 25 year anniversary and you deserve every bit of Josie (what a fitting name!!)!! She has an amazing presence on your finger. I love the design you picked for your unicorn OEC.

I kinda feel sad that your 2.85 ct F VS2 emerald cut doesn't have a name lol.

Thanks so much @maryjane04 . Josie is one of the names that I considered for my younger daughter so I'm glad that I got to use the name for something :) And, you're right, the emerald cut does deserve a name, too! Do you have any idea? :lol:

Last edited:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
It’s so beautiful!!!! Did Dan source the melee? Wow wow wow!!! Congratulations on your anniversary and on this drop dead gorgeous stone!

Thanks @Mreader! Yes, Dan sourced the full cut melee. I tried sourcing some reclaimed single cuts myself from Etsy, but I couldn't get enough in the right color/size. Once I saw the melee Dan sourced, I knew I had to go with the full cut for this setting. It would have been too visually distracting to use the wonky stones.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh boy!! What a beautiful stone!! And the setting is gorgeous too! I just love the combination!! Wear it in much happiness!

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy!! What a beautiful stone!! And the setting is gorgeous too! I just love the combination!! Wear it in much happiness!

Thank you @Slick1-I appreciate your kind words! I did waver a bit on the design, but I'm so glad I decided to go for it.

HollyC

Brilliant_Rock
A big congratulations @lulu_ma on your 25th anniversary and for this beautiful ring. Hope you enjoy Josie for another 25 years.

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
A big congratulations @lulu_ma on your 25th anniversary and for this beautiful ring. Hope you enjoy Josie for another 25 years.

Thanks @HollyC ! And I still want to see pics of your necklace ;-)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahh, when I saw the ring on IG, I wondered if it was yours or if someone else had seen your inspiration ring! So happy for you that you were able to make the setting that you loved for your OEC! Happy anniversary!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First, happy anniversary and congratulations on 25 years of married life. And HOLY CANNOLI Batman, the stone and the ring are stunning. I'm happy I was wearing my drool bib when I looked at the pics.

MjK1

Shiny_Rock
How gorgeous! I LOVE the way the baguettes are set! Happy Anniversary!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 13th Anniversary and what a way to commemorate it. :kiss2: Congratulations on finding your holy grail stone and setting. The journey has been worth the effort and the wait. Wear in health for many years to come.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much @maryjane04 . Josie is one of the names that I considered for my younger daughter so I'm glad that I got to use the name for something :) And, you're right, the emerald cut does deserve a name, too! Do you have any idea? :lol:

Aww that is beautiful! Like another daughter :)

I think the emerald is modern so deserves a modern name. I am channeling Angelina or Jennifer hahahaha!!!!!!

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations on your anniversary and wear it in good health!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wishing you and your husband a very happy 25th anniversary, that is a milestone!! :bigsmile:

And congratulations on putting together a commemoration piece that makes you smile, we PS folk all know that is not easy to do! I hope it continues to make you smile for many more years :appl:

Edited for sorry state of spelling!

Last edited:

voce

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations! It's beautiful, and I home you enjoy her for many more years to come!

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It is so perfect! Congratulations!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your 25th anniversary and your gorgeous new ring! It looks fabulous on you and I love the setting!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is a serious ring! It's absolutely gorgeous! :kiss2:

And once again, Daniel has nailed it. Congratulations on your anniversary!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring, thanks for sharing, and Happy Anniversary!

DK :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy 25th anniversary @lulu_ma!
Wear Josie in good health and blingy joy! :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:kiss2: Welcome to the OEC Club @lulu_ma it’s stunningly beautiful.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful stone and ring! I'm so impressed with Dan's work on this too! Wow! I'm a huge deco fan myself and love the design you used. Huge congrats!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Anniversary!
The setting is beautiful and definitely suits the diamond well. It’s a gorgeous ring, I hope you have many years of enjoyment wearing it.

alene

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Gorgeous ring, Dan did a fantastic job! Happy anniversary!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results