shape
carat
color
clarity

Celebrating 10 Years....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Greetings PSers,

Happy Easter.

Although it has been some time since I have last posted, I have been lurking for the past couple of weeks. DH and I are celebrating not only ten years of marriage this year, but it looks like he is out of the woods with regards to his transplant. It has been a mercural three years to say the least, and there were days that I didn''t think I was going to make it. My fingers are crossed that the worst is over.

DH has told me to pick out a ten year anniversary gift to mark this event and I thought there is no better place to get ideas than Pricescope.

On Friday, I spent the day looking at diamond studs. I am thinking once again of upgrading my 3 ctw rounds to 4 ctw rounds. The ones that I tried on were remarkable. The only thing is my hair. It''s on the longer side and you can''t really see them unless my hair is pulled up and out of my face.

I am also considering a larger eternity band. Right now I have one that is a little under 2 ctw and a shared prong, and one that is around 3 ctw set in four prongs. I am thinking of something like 5 ctw.

I woud love to hear your opinions.

Roppongi

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Roppongi, first of all congratulations on 10 years and the good news about the transplant!

As for the gift, I would go for the larger eternity band. Although both your studs and your band are already big, it sounds like the studs are kinda hidden much of the time, where the e-band would be very much out in the open for you and others to enjoy. That gets my vote!

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on 10 years. I''m glad your husband is doing better. I agree with Deejay. An eternity band would be seen better than with earrings.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/8/2007 9:55:17 PM
Author: Gothgrrl
Congrats on 10 years. I''m glad your husband is doing better. I agree with Deejay. An eternity band would be seen better than with earrings.
Ditto, am so glad your hubby is doing well with the transplant, and a big congrats on 10 years!!!! My thinking is also to go for the bigger bling of an eternity band as you will be able to see it, more than you would the studs. I think a 5 carat eternity band will be blingalicious!!!
36.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am glad, most importantly, that your hubby seems to be on the upswing. That is the best gift of all.

Hard choice. I have large studs and a large eband, and I wear the band more. I also have a lot of hair, and I love my studs, but they do not show as well and I am thinking to have them set in Leon Mege wires. But what would you do with the older earrings and the two rings?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d probably chose the eternity band too b/c you can''t see the studs unless you''re looking in a mirror but you''d always see your ring. so glad to hear your hubby is doing well too.

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I would choose the earrings. For me, I rarely wear rings but diamond studs I would only take out at night to clean. They go with everything and you don''t have to worry about them like you do with an eternity band.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats on 10 years coming up! It is good news your hubby is doing better.

How about some diamond hoop earrings???

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
You guys are awesome, thank you so much for your good wishes, I can''t tell you what it means to me.

DJ, your 4.98 eternity band is so gorgeous. I love it and would love to have something made exactly like yours. Which hand do you wear it on? I also laughed whe I read your post about your new upgrade project. Please let us know what your jeweler shows you tomorrow.

Diamond Fan, my current studs would be tradeded in if I decided to do the 4 ctw. Initially they were 2.50 ctw, and I upgraded them over a year ago to the 3 ctw. I''m not sure I would have them set in baskets or martinis because of my hair. Kristy Darling and I went out one day, and I saw a pair with a round diamond on top with a larger round as the "drop." I think they would probably show up more. I also love the LM French Wire basket earrings, they are to die for. With regards to the two eternity bands, I''m not sure what would happen to them. I hardly wear the smaller one anymore, and the larger one is very sentimental as it was my "original" wedding band (remade as I lost the first one four years ago). DF, which hand do you wear your 11 ctw, eternity band - is it sized for your right or left hand?

GG, Kaleigh, and MrsSalvo I''m going to look at more bands this week and hopefully figure it out. It''s kind of fun working on a new project, it has been a while.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I wear it on my right hand. I think it is 12 carats total. It is a shared prong setting and I am tough on my hands which makes me nervous sometimes. I wear my e ring on my left hand only. I love LOVE those Leons, I just reset some old studs, one carat each, in a white gold and pave halo on a wire, so I may leave my other earrings for now. They are large, and I am not sure the wire will be balanced. They came from Tiffany''s and I had them do a three prong martini and they did not sit well, even with those backs that flatten your ear. My piercings are not great.

I would say take the stones from the ring you do not wear and set them in a thin chain, sprinkled along it, in thin bezels. I would do it no matter what since you are not wearing it much anyway.

The earrings/ring debate is tough, since I think you will love bigger earrings but would love the ring too! I am so bad at making decisions!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Since you already have some great rings and studs, how about a killer pendant or some unique diamond earrings? I think a halo pendant with a 1-2 carat stone or something like that would be lovely or some diamond hoops, chandelier earrings, or something a little more funky.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
I am also looking at the Cartier Love Bracelet in white gold with ten diamonds - which I thought was symbolical. I just wonder if I can keep it on "forever." The concept is pretty neat, but that means no other bracelets or cuffs can go on without some sort of hassle, it also has to be replated every few years or it starts looking dingy yellow.

Husband thought it would be neat to get matching Pateks, but I already have 6 watches that I rotate and I don''t feel like I need another watch.

I''m not sure that I would wear another necklace. I pretty much wear either Princess Kitty or a Platinum Madonna by Elsa Peretti. I could get a real DBTY but my fake one turns so much, I''m not sure it would be worth it to get a real one.

At the end of the day, I just love eternity bands. Maybe I''m just a sucker for advertising; but there is something about a large eternity band by itself that speaks volumes. I combed over the Celebrity Ring Thread and drooled over Angie Harmon and Jennifer Gardner''s bands.

Thank you for your opinions.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Personally the bracelet would make me nuts. I would hate having something on like that, and they are not easy to take off. I might do some hinged diamond bangles or something, but no way would attach something, but that is just me. I have a Princess Kitty that I wear a lot, but I love my bezel set diamond chain in platinum, even though it turns it is not a big deal to me. But it sounds like the ring is what you want, so go for that!

widget

Ideal_Rock
So nice to hear from you, Roppongi! I''m so glad to hear that your husband is doing better...and a 10 year anniversary bauble? How wonderful! You definitely deserve something fabulous!!

You sure can''t beat a big, stand-alone eternity band..but take your time deciding what you''ll do. Thinking about the possibilities is half the fun!
1.gif

I guess you''re not into antique jewels? If it were me, I''d be scouring all the antique sites (and B&Bs) looking for something screamed at me: "Take me home!!"

Have fun, and congratulations on your coming tenth. Again...great hearing from you!!
1.gif

widget

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, Miss Roppongi...you know my answer already. Get the blingin'' humongo band!!!
9.gif
Then again, Widget''s idea of going antique is very tempting too....I''m sure you could get a gorgeous 10th anniversary ring at Darren McClung!

Have you ever given thought to the Cartier all-pave tricolor Trinity rolling ring? It''s stunning. I''ve never seen the pave one in person, but I have tried on the channel set diamonds version and it makes me swoon. I just learned from Diamondfan in another thread that the all-pave version is limited edition and may not be available soon.

I''m so glad DH is on the mend! You''ve had such a hard time of it and really deserve to celebrate your big 10 with something special!!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
the large eternity band sounds like a stunner. good luck and i am anxious to see you new bling.

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Widget....I think I missed you at Neiman''s by a hair. I spent most of the day there looking at the Aqua BBag with Gold Hardware. I''m sure I could find something spectacular at Darren McClung''s.

Kristy Darling....Welcome back from Vegas girl!!! How was it? Do dish, what did you buy? Or more importantly, what BBag (s) did you bring? I love the Cartier Tri-Colore rolling ring, but at $56,000 there is no way. DH doesn''t want to celebrate that much.

I went to look at stones today and I have to figure out which color route to go F/G or I/J.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just wanted to say that I am glad to hear your hubby is out of the woods!!

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
The ring. Gotta be the ring.
2.gif

:)

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your husband being out of the woods! Sounds like you are going to get the ring from your other thread - should be beautiful! Are you guys going to buy anything for your husband too?

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
:) of course I''m going to buy him something. He has been hinting for the Blancpain Flyback and I''m pretty sure he is going to get it.

Thank you all again for your warm wishes. Husband appreciates it as well.

xo

Roppongi

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/10/2007 6:43:19 PM
Author: roppongi
Kristy Darling....Welcome back from Vegas girl!!! How was it? Do dish, what did you buy? Or more importantly, what BBag (s) did you bring? I love the Cartier Tri-Colore rolling ring, but at $56,000 there is no way. DH doesn''t want to celebrate that much.
The all-pave tricolor version is $56K!!!!??? Yikes. Ya know, the tricolor *channel-set* diamond rolling ring is "only" around $9800.
31.gif
Eh, just ignore me. Just thinkin'' out loud! Vegas was great, thanks for asking. I brought my new Natural Brief with GH, and my rose pink First.
1.gif
Oh, and I brought 3 extra pounds back to San Francisco.
15.gif

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear the good news about your husband''s health and your upcoming anniversary gift. Very exciting!

I concur with the group here that a band would be great and would get a lot of use, which is an important consideration.

Enjoy your gift search - I swear shopping is at least half of the fun!! Happy to hear things are going so well for you.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
A new larger eternity band sounds awesome!
30.gif
roppongi, happy 10 year anniversary to you and your hubby! I''m so glad to hear he''s doing better!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results