shape
carat
color
clarity

Cehra - kicken cushion???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Cehra, Boston Jeff, Scott 00, Neatfreak and all other cushon lovers. What do you think of this stone???
If only it was a bit bigger. This stone is very deep.

cushion 1.something.jpg

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly, I don''t love the center of it. Looks like it kind of has a black hole in the center of the diamond. But it very well might be the picture. Have any others by chance???

I DO love the chunky outsides though!

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
I do have more pics of this but they are of the sides. I dont want to post them now. I loved this stone, but got scared off after seeing the "numbers". This is a true antique cushion.

Date: 4/16/2007 1:58:07 PM
Author: neatfreak
Honestly, I don''t love the center of it. Looks like it kind of has a black hole in the center of the diamond. But it very well might be the picture. Have any others by chance???

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 2:00:23 PM
Author: yellowsparkles
I do have more pics of this but they are of the sides. I dont want to post them now. I loved this stone, but got scared off after seeing the ''numbers''. This is a true antique cushion.

If you love it, get it!!!!! Don''t get scared off by the numbers with a cushion. Your eyes are the most important part, and IMO cushions are really really hard to take good pictures of, thus my differing opinion based on the one picture I have available.

Can''t wait to see more!

boston_jeff

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 1:47:19 PM
Author:yellowsparkles
Cehra, Boston Jeff, Scott 00, Neatfreak and all other cushon lovers. What do you think of this stone???

You saw the stone in person? Do you think the picture is an accurate representation of what you saw?

There looks to be something funky going on in the top right of the stone-- that shoulder seems to be a little lopsided compared to the top left-- it could just be the lighting/tilt of the stone. Similar issue with the top and the bottom of the stone, as the bottom seems much flatter...? What was the Sym grade?

I like the small table, and the facets coming off the culet have a lot of potential-- the long culet gives this stone a huge cross...

Overall I would pass, but that is just based on one photo, and it certainly is based on optics, not depth %. My stone's original photo had all sorts of ??? as well (see attached-- I still don't know what that blue dot is near the culet.. I think the line through the top cross facet is a fiber of some sort, although it could be internal graining)...

Snapshot 2007-04-16 11-52-37.jpg

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, It really doesnt fit what I want it EXACTLY... but I thought it was pretty neat. The culet says medium on the cert.... looks kinda large to me -
21.gif

I was only posting it to see what you all thought and I appreciate all your honest answers.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
No Boston Jeff, I didn''t see this in person. I was told this is 100 years old... something like that. The cert says Good for symmetry - and I noticed the same thing you did. The stone is a little over one carat and had a depth of over 80%. Too deep for me, even if it is an antique. I could never buy it without seeing it first.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know anything about cushions, but to me that stone looks very dark instead of bright and reflective.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 1:47:19 PM
Author:yellowsparkles
my first was OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... the photography and lighting on *that* stone looks seriously awesome, my only complaint at a quick first glance is that the stone is very masculine. And very emerald cut like.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

you mean the larger culet? First off depending on the size of the stone, you have to consider that the culet might not even be visible at normal viewing distance. As for the "bow tie" those are reflectors and will reflect what they see... if they see dark, so will you. If they see a turquoise shirt and bright pink lipstick... so will you :D

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 5:15:54 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

you mean the larger culet? First off depending on the size of the stone, you have to consider that the culet might not even be visible at normal viewing distance. As for the ''bow tie'' those are reflectors and will reflect what they see... if they see dark, so will you. If they see a turquoise shirt and bright pink lipstick... so will you :D

True true. But since I have really dark hair I would always see dark in the center when I stare into the center...which I don''t love in this stone. Not my favorite I''ve seen. Something about that center really bothers me. Masculine is a GREAT word to describe it.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 2:58:30 PM
No Boston Jeff, I didn''t see this in person. I was told this is 100 years old... something like that. The cert says Good for symmetry - and I noticed the same thing you did. The stone is a little over one carat and had a depth of over 80%. Too deep for me, even if it is an antique. I could never buy it without seeing it first.
DG is my guru and if he says good stones can be up to 85% then I believe him!! You''re going to give up some spread, but since these stones are 3D sculputures and not just flashlights, the depth can be a very meaningful part of the entire picture - which isn''t always ''reflected'' (haha pun) in the face up light return.
He said, and I quote:
Depth range for squarish shapes, 55% to 79.9%
elongated 55% to 85%

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 5:30:24 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 4/16/2007 2:58:30 PM
DG is my guru and if he says good stones can be up to 85% then I believe him!! You''re going to give up some spread, but since these stones are 3D sculputures and not just flashlights, the depth can be a very meaningful part of the entire picture - which isn''t always ''reflected'' (haha pun) in the face up light return.
He said, and I quote:
Depth range for squarish shapes, 55% to 79.9%
elongated 55% to 85%
I have to elaborate more on this... I think it''s very easy to say that depth can be great and all that when you''re buying a 2, 3, 4 or more carat stone. But if you''re buying closer to a carat or under, it is probably wise to consider spread more LOL

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
That stone has some serious personality. Very cool. Probably not everyone''s cup of tea though.

elmo

Brilliant_Rock
I may be wrong but I think the dark in the center may be the camera lens reflecting, e.g. head shadow. Stand back a couple of feet and it will be highly reflective.

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for the replies. At first I was WOW coool... but then I wasn''t sure. I see the EC comparison and it does look masculine. I would really like to see this in person- just out of curiosity.

Boston Jeff, I saw your stone on another thread and I do like your stone and setting. It is so difficult to pick just one type of cushion.... Actually I liked all of them.
36.gif

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/16/2007 2:00:23 PM
I do have more pics of this but they are of the sides. I dont want to post them now. I loved this stone, but got scared off after seeing the ''numbers''. This is a true antique cushion.
Can they get you any more head on shots? I love the culet, love the shape, but the bowtie region does look very dark. I would want to see more ''face front'' pictures before I made a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results