shape
carat
color
clarity

CBI 3.27 ctw 3-Stone Ring - Ideas please

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Many of you know that I recently purchased a 2.79 F-VS1 CBI that is set in a pave solitaire ring HPD "Symphonie".

@diamondseeker2006 @MissGotRocks and @valeria101 all suggested that I use my Cut-to-Order smaller 2.21 F-SI1 CBI for a 3-stone ring so that I would not have two solitaire RHRs. (My ering is a 3.01 F-SI1 pear).

So here is a video of the center stone with both @Wink and @John Pollard speaking:

The side stones are also CBIs and are both .53 ct each, F color, and VS1 and VS2 clarity.
They are within .01mm diameter of each other and have matching Crown and Pavilion angles.
Pretty darn close if you ask me.

Here is a video of the two .53ct side stones:

Attached are the two AGSL reports:

Doing the math the proportions of the side stones to the center stone is 62%.

Three-Stone rings.jpg

I have looked through two 3-stone ring threads but they are from 2005 and 2008.
I decided that it is best to wait until January 2018 to set these so that my project is not
part of the Holiday rush and madness. There are even temporary FedEx drivers that augment the normal more experienced drivers for the Holidays.

Was wondering if any of you would like to share photos of your 3-stone diamond rings?
Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• AGSL .53 F-VS1.pdf
    388.2 KB · Views: 154
  • AGSL .53 F-VS2.pdf
    390.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a last look of the 2.21 F-SI1 CBI set in a solitaire:
Sent it to Wink via FedEx today.

20171129_101003.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a chance for FIY pear sides ?

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_2445.JPG Here's mine:
1.75 fvs1 with .63/.64 e/f si (almost perfectly matched). Initially I had .45 /.44 each sides, but they were dvs2's and I saw the color difference...drove me crazy and I thought they were just a bit too small.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cflutist, your 3 stone ring is going to be awesome. I’ll look forward to seeing it.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not a chance for FIY pear sides ?
Checked out the usual colored diamond sites and decided that it would be difficult to source a matching set with the same girdle outline and shape appeal. Then there is the issue of the bow tie as colored diamonds are cut to maximize saturation and minimizing bow ties is probably not a priority. There is something special about having an all CBI 3-stone ring too in my opinion.
I plan to wear my 2.79 CBI RHR as an e-ring with my Vatche band when we cruise for 15 days to Antarctica next year. My pear sticks up too high to comfortably wear gloves.
And of course if I go to a future Meet the Cutter event to see @Paul-Antwerp and @John Pollard , I will wear all 6.066 carats of my CBI diamonds.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_2445.JPG Here's mine:
1.75 fvs1 with .63/.64 e/f si (almost perfectly matched). Initially I had .45 /.44 each sides, but they were dvs2's and I saw the color difference...drove me crazy and I thought they were just a bit too small.
@rocks
Very pretty, another lady with color sensitivity ... isn't it terrible? Causes us to pay more for high colorless diamonds. I had a 2.05 D-VS2 in the past and I could definitely see the difference between it and an F.
Have you seen the Munsell Color Test? I scored 100 while dear hubby missed about 30 of them. Check it out.
http://www.colormunki.com/game/huetest_kiosk

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@rocks
Very pretty, another lady with color sensitivity ... isn't it terrible? Causes us to pay more for high colorless diamonds. I had a 2.05 D-VS2 in the past and I could definitely see the difference between it and an F.
Have you seen the Munsell Color Test? I scored 100 while dear hubby missed about 30 of them. Check it out.
http://www.colormunki.com/game/huetest_kiosk
Looks like fun. Will have to try it.

Color sensitivity.....It's a curse. I can also see the tiniest difference in diameter......

Your ring will be extraordinary!

lalala

Brilliant_Rock
Can't wait to see the end result!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Checked out the usual colored diamond sites and decided that it would be difficult to source a matching set with the same girdle outline and shape appeal.

There is a wave of fine yellow material at Yoram's. Bow-tie can go.

Too complicated ?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C
It will be an amazing 3 stone CBI ring!...:appl:IMO, side stones up to 3/4 ct will look amazing.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Wow, your trilogy will be gorgeous. Can't wait to see the final product!!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
C
It will be an amazing 3 stone CBI ring!...:appl:IMO, side stones up to 3/4 ct will look amazing.
Thanks DF, as it is we will have to taper the side stones because my ring size is 4.5, one of the disadvantages of having a small finger, not enough real estate available :lol-2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, Cheryl! I love 62% proportions! What a perfect match!!!:appl:

rocks

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks DF, as it is we will have to taper the side stones because my ring size is 4.5, one of the disadvantages of having a small finger, not enough real estate available :lol-2:

I'm a 4 3/4 and my current configuration is my limit in terms of diamond diameter to real estate. I agree that your fingers won't support larger sides though I do like the proportions.

Gorgeous!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is going to be stunning!!! I can't wait to see the final product!!! :love::love::love::love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would anyone like to post photos of their 3-stone rings (especially the profile view).
I am still looking for ideas.
Thank you in advance.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FE73920D-F8BF-4561-A696-B2AEF7A3D3C4.jpeg A09B5E00-E2CC-430B-BDAA-67664CA4DF3C.jpeg
Here is mine-the center is maybe a shade over 8mm at 2.13ct and the sides are about .70 each.
Beautiful, is your center stone a fancy yellow diamond?

Todd Gray

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I can't wait to see the finished ring! I'm certain it will look AMAZING.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Checked out the usual colored diamond sites and decided that it would be difficult to source a matching set with the same girdle outline and shape appeal. Then there is the issue of the bow tie as colored diamonds are cut to maximize saturation and minimizing bow ties is probably not a priority. There is something special about having an all CBI 3-stone ring too in my opinion.
I plan to wear my 2.79 CBI RHR as an e-ring with my Vatche band when we cruise for 15 days to Antarctica next year. My pear sticks up too high to comfortably wear gloves.
And of course if I go to a future Meet the Cutter event to see @Paul-Antwerp and @John Pollard , I will wear all 6.066 carats of my CBI diamonds.

How cool congratulations!!
I think that for someone who wants care in matching, to that level of perfection, staying within an established brand is a great idea.
Especially if we're comparing against FCD's. When matching FIY side diamonds, I'd be far more concerned with face up color, as opposed to girdle outline.
Canary and light canary side stones, including pears, are far more common with a lot of girdle variation.
Even FCD stones that Yoram has cut for us over the years- have varying girdle thicknesses.

Not that one is at all "wrong" to consider girdle outline.

I love the whole concept- and all three stones - really nice choice cflutist!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Rockdiamond

Absolutely that face up color and saturation should match in addition to all the other stuff. I think that Valeria made the suggestion for FIY pears only to match the FIY diamond bracelet that I got from Wink that was sourced by Paul and Lieve at CBI .

I am happy having an all CBI 3-stone ring ... couldn't believe that same color, weight, VS1 and VS2 (can't see with the naked eye) and same CA and PA within .01mm is pretty cool.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw @luvmypug s 3-stone ring which was drop dead gorgeous :love: .
Would anyone else like to post their 3-stone ring as I am still looking for ideas on how to set my 3 CBI diamonds.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cflutist, I had my ring made earlier this year, I think you can see it on instagram... mine is in a trellis setting center is .70 sides are .55 all G SI 1, ACA from Whiteflash.. I was looking for more of a yesterday today, tomorrow sort of thing and wanted me stones to be even across, not have the middle stone set higher, personal preference, I think a trellis setting would rock ROCK with your stones but I tend toward modern. Has Wink made any suggestions? I think he makes the most incredible rings, (as you know).. if you look at my pix to the right you can see my ring, it's more of a wedding band. I can't wait to see your new ring Clurist. the CBI stones are gorgeous.!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cflutist, I had my ring made earlier this year, I think you can see it on instagram... mine is in a trellis setting center is .70 sides are .55 all G SI 1, ACA from Whiteflash.. I was looking for more of a yesterday today, tomorrow sort of thing and wanted me stones to be even across, not have the middle stone set higher, personal preference, I think a trellis setting would rock ROCK with your stones but I tend toward modern. Has Wink made any suggestions? I think he makes the most incredible rings, (as you know).. if you look at my pix to the right you can see my ring, it's more of a wedding band. I can't wait to see your new ring Clurist. the CBI stones are gorgeous.!
Thank you for posting @Tekate. Your ring is also very beautiful. I will meet with Melissa in January but in the meantime am just collecting ideas.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

@Tekate - I definitely would like to see this, as I'm considering something similar. Can you give me some hints on how to find your Insta page?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results