shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat's Eye - Alexandrite Stone Info

kamaream

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I am new to Gem Stones and I have been approached by a friend of mine who would like sell his stone. I have attached two images one of them is the stone image and the second image is an evaluation of a local Gemologist.

The stone weight 297.7 grams and it has 1488 Carats with color of Green/Yellow, Mohs Scale higher than 8.

I would appreciate, if you could advise what is the best and safe way to sell the stone.

Thanks and best regards

Kamaream

whatsapp-image-20160513.jpg

whatsapp-image-201605132.jpg

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
One thing I am sure of: that is not natural alexandrite. The gemologist's report is vague and wouldn't be worth anything for selling the stone.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So......

You're better off getting an independent lab look at this stone to make certain its exactly what y'all think it is. A report from GIA/AIGS, etc, will carry way more weight when selling a stone this size. These labs tend to have the equipment to test for all sorts of treatments that this gemologist on his own may not be able to do.

Your friend (and you!) need to really be sure you're selling what your say you're selling, and a stone this size will be questioned...a lot. Something this big is suspicious frankly.

After going through that process and you have a better idea of what you have, then look at getting it appraised.

If you just want to do a lookie loo, see if you can get something through gemval by putting in a few values.
http://www.gemval.com/

kamaream

Rough_Rock
Thanks a lot Lady_Disdain and Arcadian for your comments and advises.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results