shape
carat
color
clarity

Catmom - what is that blue ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
The one in your avatar? What is the stone? And what are the details on the setting? I just adore it. That''s kind of what I had in mind for my first colored stone project. Though it''s probably out of my budget I thought I''d ask about it anyway. Thanks!

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I''m nearly certain her lovely blue is a sapphire. I *think* the thread on it is closed though, so I hope she gets back to you!

secondhandnews

Shiny_Rock
I can help until catmom replies. It''s a color change sapphire. I know because I am obsessed with looking at everyone''s sapphires while I search for my one of my own. Here is a link to a thread with some nice pictures.

catmom''s color change

And here is another thread with more details of the size and setting.

catmom''s ring

Hopefully, catmom will come along and give more information. Hope I didn''t step on any toes by linking these threads until catmom replies.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. I seriously LOVE that setting. I googled the place she mentioned, but the site just doesn''t seem right. I see nothing even simliar to that ring. Anyone know the site?

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Try here. There is one with a pink center stone that looks similar to catmom's.

ETA: click on collections and then colored stones. The one I mentioned is in the iris collection #R1631A-FS

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for helping find the posts misspinky and secondhandnews! Yes it''s my color change sapphire and it''s set in a Parade setting. I love Parade settings and have quite a few. You have to find a jewler that carries them but I think the website ParadeDesigns can help locate one in your area. This particular setting is one of the Iris collection a few years ago but I don''t think it is on the website. However there is one on there that is very similar. Also under the Iris collection. Just click on collections and then on colored stones. Hope that helps hoofbeats95. Let me know if you have any other questions.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Oops! I read the post quickly and thought paradise designs. Yikes. That website was so far off it''s funny!

Catmom - is yours WG or platinum? I so wish I could find prices for these kinds of things in advance. That''s the hardest part about trying a project like this. i have no clue what is within my price range. You ring is drop dead gorgeous! I have no idea what center stone I want but I''m so in love with your setting I''m practically drooling on my keyboard. Geesh.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I loooooove your sapphire so much, Catmom
30.gif
every time! Love to see your beautiful avatar around hehe

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/7/2009 3:56:04 PM
Author: Catmom
Thanks for helping find the posts misspinky and secondhandnews! Yes it''s my color change sapphire and it''s set in a Parade setting. I love Parade settings and have quite a few. You have to find a jewler that carries them but I think the website ParadeDesigns can help locate one in your area. This particular setting is one of the Iris collection a few years ago but I don''t think it is on the website. However there is one on there that is very similar. Also under the Iris collection. Just click on collections and then on colored stones. Hope that helps hoofbeats95. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Now I want a Parade setting for my very own....

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/7/2009 4:41:57 PM
Author: misspinky

Date: 1/7/2009 3:56:04 PM
Author: Catmom

Now I want a Parade setting for my very own....
He, he, he.......enable.......enable........enable........
31.gif

Hoofbeats, the setting is 18kt WG. I think pretty much anything would look good in this setting. I saw it once with a tsavorite that looked amazing.

Awwww, thanks so much icekid!!

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
I''m going to get some quotes on a few settings.

Do I find the setting or the stone first?!? I''m so confused!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/8/2009 3:17:19 PM
Author: hoofbeats95
I''m going to get some quotes on a few settings.

Do I find the setting or the stone first?!? I''m so confused!
I found the stone first and then matched it to a setting that would fit the stone. If you go the other way around and get the setting first then you need to match the size of the stone to what would fit in the setting. You could even have one cut to the specific size by one of the wonderful cutters that are mentioned on this board.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Is one way more complicated than the other?

I''m probably more picky over the setting than the stone. . .

How do you go about having a stone cut? Just tell them what you are looking for? Is that much more expensive than buying an already cut one? I know the type of stone matters, but comparing the same type - one already cut or getting one custom cut?

Then. . . who sets it? The person that sold you the stone or the setting?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think each way has it''s own complications. If you have the setting first then you will know what size stone to get. You can contact any of the vendors or cutters listed on the sticky at the top of the colored stone page. You would tell them what stone you are looking for and what size you need to fit the setting. They could have something in stock or could source it for you or in the case of a cutter, cut it for you. Another option is to find a local independant jeweler that could source the setting as well as the stone. They would set the stone as well. The cost of the stone varies greatly with many contributing factors like what kind of stone, i.e., sapphire, spinel, garnet, etc. and whether it''s heated or treated, whether it''s a top color, etc.

hoofbeats95

Brilliant_Rock
Yikes Catmom. I got a rough quote on a Parade Designs setting and it''s pretty pricey. Especially for .30 c in white gold. Out of my price range. WAY out!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results