shape
carat
color
clarity

catherine has new pearls for sale

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
feeling the need for a pearl "fix" so i went over to catherine's website to drool.....and she's added new things!
she didn't send out an e-mail this time.....
and for the record: i have no financial interest or anything to gain in mentioning this.
just thought those that have bought from her previously would like to know.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie said:
feeling the need for a pearl "fix" so i went over to catherine's website to drool.....and she's added new things!
she didn't send out an e-mail this time.....
and for the record: i have no financial interest or anything to gain in mentioning this.
just thought those that have bought from her previously would like to know.

Oh, of course, we know this Mozo.

Sometimes I feel like all I do is hawk the same couple of vendors, but I think you and I feel the same; they just deserve to get their names out there. And short of buying gobs of pearls, what else are we going to talk about? ;))

My DD is still enjoying the pearl necklace I brought from Catherine for her, it was an excellent experience all around. :appl:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i figured "regulars" would know that....but for the newbie, well, just wanted to make sure.

i haven't bought any pearls in some time now. but i do visit the sites and drool.....especially catherine's because, honestly, i like the odd shapes and color combinations. it is the celebration of imperfections that i enjoy! however, she does have some lovely upscale strands now......sigh.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

The pearls I purchased from CC gets the most compliments of any items I own. I layer three necklaces together--and they pick up any color I am wearing. When people ask about them and I tell them they are "pond slime" they just go :-o . hahahahaa

I am afraid to revisit her site!!!

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
interesting that your cc pearls get the most comments/compliments.....i know she does have an "eye" for selecting and then putting together the necklaces: i think the get imbued with "personality".....if that makes sense.

if possible, could you post a picture of the strands you twist together? i need ideas to get out my single strand rut. today i was wearing one strand and decided to triple wrap it on my wrist instead. i rather liked that.

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Maybe these were some of the new pearls back in July? I purchased them but requested some changes to how they are strung. The gold does look very beautiful, but I don't wear yellow gold so I'm having it changed to lilac silk with a silver clasp and no spacer beads. I would have preferred the powerpro thread, but it doesn't come in a matching color. They are lavender metallics.

2339_rare_colour_lavender_metallic_character_freshwater_pearl_necklace4.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bluebirrrd|1349583363|3280861 said:
Maybe these were some of the new pearls back in July? I purchased them but requested some changes to how they are strung. The gold does look very beautiful, but I don't wear yellow gold so I'm having it changed to lilac silk with a silver clasp and no spacer beads. I would have preferred the powerpro thread, but it doesn't come in a matching color. They are lavender metallics.

2339_rare_colour_lavender_metallic_character_freshwater_pearl_necklace4.jpg

Those are very pretty :love:. I'm also not a fan of yellow metals so I think those will look amazing without the spacers. Please post pictures one you receive them.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
have you seen the latest additions?!
see Item Number: 2336
wowser!

some weeks ago i got an e-mail with her newest additions but i don't see the notation at her website. looks like she sent e-mails and added them to the website w/o calling it out at the website.......

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1349621831|3280930 said:
have you seen the latest additions?!
see Item Number: 2336
wowser!

some weeks ago i got an e-mail with her newest additions but i don't see the notation at her website. looks like she sent e-mails and added them to the website w/o calling it out at the website.......

Yes, I have a very extensive wish list on her site :bigsmile:. I've been eyeing those kasumi-like ripple pearls :Up_to_something:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
unfortunately, that's all i'm going to do: eye them. they are gorgeous and compared to "the real thing" a bargain, imo.

sigh...... ;(

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Are these the ones you're talking about? I admire those of you who can rock these more adventurous styles. Maybe I'll get there someday.

2336_huge_bronzey_rose_ripple_freshwater_pearl_rope.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, yeah, i could rock that one....no doubt about it.

but that's 1/2 of a house payment and my goal is that this place is paid off 2013-2014 [10 years instead of the 30 year mortgage].

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Willpower is a good thing! I know it isn't the same, but I paid my car off early this year and was really proud to do so.Think of all that interest you're saving :$$):

So, Catherine has been amazing. She restrung my pearls, took tons of new photos and mailed them all within one day or my order. I love gray and I love peacock. These pearls remind me of a combination of the two. Here they are on silk without their spacer beads.

dscf1306.jpg
dscf1307__2_.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
wowser!
i liked them before but now i Love them w/o the spacers!
those are gorgeous!
w/o the spacers they can go casual or dressy and you aren't locked into wearing one metal color of earrings.
nicely done!

congrats on paying the car off! any interest saved is $ in pocket for other things.....pearls or dishwasher or mortgage or.....

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much mozo! I realized another reason I like them so much. Though they pale in actual comparison, they're my poor woman's substitute for Sea of Cortez pearls and likely as close as I will ever get.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
LOL! another woman cut from practical cloth!

do you remember which number catherine had assigned to your necklace?
i am thinking of trying to search her website for one that would be about the same colors.......

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
to all the ladies who have purchased from Catherine before, does her pictures reflect how it looks like in real life? I have seen some pretty strands on her site, but her pictures appears to give it a blurry feel...not sure if it is the pearls, the lighting or just photos.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
her pictures on my monitor do not appear blurred....

catherine is great about answering questions if you send her an e-mail.

the only problem i've had is not on catherine's end but mine: dang but those pictures are so lovely that i forget she's shot them close up and even with my trusty [or untrusty] measuring device [metal ruler] i have bought some strands that are actually too short and/or i wish the pearl size were larger. totally user error on MY part.

but i've never been unhappy with a strand or felt i over paid for one either. even the dyed goldens i purchased! :o

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
movie zombie|1349748997|3281916 said:
her pictures on my monitor do not appear blurred....

catherine is great about answering questions if you send her an e-mail.

the only problem i've had is not on catherine's end but mine: dang but those pictures are so lovely that i forget she's shot them close up and even with my trusty [or untrusty] measuring device [metal ruler] i have bought some strands that are actually too short and/or i wish the pearl size were larger. totally user error on MY part.

but i've never been unhappy with a strand or felt i over paid for one either. even the dyed goldens i purchased! :o

Hi MZ,

thanks. I suppose what I meant was her photos there's a "soft haze" to it, compared to the super sharp in focus type pictures that I am used to on PP and POJ etc.

And I know what you mean, I saw some keishi strands I liked and thought they were huge, until I looked at the measurements!

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
MZ, the item number was 2339. http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=2339

I searched the site too before choosing them and the closest match was within the sets. http://www.catherinecardellinipearls.com/?subject=moreInfo&id=2226

I had also asked Catherine if there were any more because when I had the spacer beads removed, it shortened the length. She had to lengthen the clasp a little and in the end I just lost 1/2". I was hoping there might be extras for earrings or to make up for the lost length but there weren't any exact matches.

eta
Alexiszoe, regarding photography I know Catherine takes her photos herself in natural shaded light on her front porch. Pearl Paradise uses a professional photographer and a technique called layering where sometimes up to 20 photos are combined to make one image where every single pearl is in sharp focus. That might account for some of what you're perceiving.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
liking the 2nd link as well....but w/o spacers would be better, imo.

also, i have a strand i got from her when i first started buying pearls. its too short [not her fault but mine]. rice pearls and i want to do something to make it longer by using different mismatched pearls....no rice pearls, in other words. i want Fall color spots....or something more in line with Fall/Winter.... i have enough Spring/Summer strands.

i've sent catherine an e-mail outlying my problem [too short even with an extender and thus i don't wear it]. she may actually have some ideas or odd man out pearls lurking in her work room! also, i want to have a longer strand anywhere from 32 - 40 inches.....

catherine is creative. i've asked if she wants to take the project on and if so i'll send her my too short rice pearl necklace to utilize.

i want something odd and quirky!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alexiszoe|1349747588|3281902 said:
to all the ladies who have purchased from Catherine before, does her pictures reflect how it looks like in real life? I have seen some pretty strands on her site, but her pictures appears to give it a blurry feel...not sure if it is the pearls, the lighting or just photos.

I'd have to agree that Catherine's pictures have a soft focus where most people try post sharpest most HD pictures possible. The colors were very close for my strand.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have bought from her before as well, I was happy with her pictures vs what I received.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm still eyeing those kasumi-like pearls but can't make the final decision. I did buy a gift strand though. Hope the giftee really likes it but this is one gift I don't mind taking back :Up_to_something:

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Gosh, gosh - I've just added about $990 worth of pearls on my wish list.
They are quite spectacular. Quite liking a strand of stacked keshis right now, but not sure if the peachy pink colour would go with my skin tone.

mimi123

Rough_Rock
Another happy Catherine Cardellini customer here too. I find her pics to be very representative of the real thing. She has some beautiful strands.

Supers

Shiny_Rock
Ok, I couldn't resist. I ended up getting a stacked keshi petal necklace - in lavender tones, not the peach that I was initially eyeing off.
I know this is not everyone's idea of a pearl necklace, but I liked it as it was unusual.
Catherine added a bit of extra length for me - maybe an inch or so as I was worried it was too short - at no extra cost.

The colours seem more subtle in real life than her photo, but I am very happy with it.

And this is it on me...

dscf1350.jpg

keshi.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
i've long admired strands like the one you purchased.....it looks lovely on you and i too can see the colors. unfortunately, i'm rather short and round and such a necklace would not look good on me.....especially, now that i've seen it on you! congrats!

eta: i too like the unusual!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, Supers, what an interesting strand. Definitely an unusual look in pearls but very pretty and looks great on you!

I finally made a decision and got this strand. Can't wait till it comes. Pic courtesy of CC after some modifications from original.

cc_strand1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results