shape
carat
color
clarity

Cathedral Settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ajcurl

Rough_Rock
We are searching for a high quality, reasonably priced cathedral setting for a .75 carat, princess cut diamond. We have looked all over and find it difficult to tell the quality of the setting by looking online. We would like advice on where to look. So far we have been to IceStore, Millenium Diamonds, and Mondera, to name a few. We don't know the quality difference between the stores. We have also considered the X-prong Vatche we have seen at those locations. If we are able to find the right priced diamond and setting, we would like to add tapered baggets to the setting. Please help! Thank you.

pricescope

Ideal_Rock
is it something like this?

Xprongs_Chan_Pr.jpg

ajcurl

Rough_Rock
That is exactly what we are looking for. That and the original cathedral setting. First we don't know where to look for a good price on-line. Second, we would like to see a setting, like the beautiful one in your picture, in person, to try it on. Any advice for both on-line and store shopping?

student

Shiny_Rock
The Vatche site (dvatche.com) has a list of their B&M dealers. I've discovered it isn't quite up-to-date, so it might be worth giving them a call as well. Online vendors include whiteflash.com, goodoldgold.com, and diamondbrokersoffl.com.

mon

Rough_Rock
We just bought a Vatche X-prong setting & I had to call Vatche to get a list of dealers who sell their rings. When we called the dealers some of them did not have any available. I would also recommend asking to make sure they have the specific one you want, because when we called they said they carried Vatche, but they only had a few solitares in the store. You may have to call around & see if someone will order one for you so you can check it out. Mine is absolutely lovely & I would definately recommend the purchase. The only problem is that some of their rings are quite expensive & if you have to get one from a jeweler you can expect to pay near twice. The jeweler we went to was asking 1200 for the X-Prong & it is only 450 on Whiteflash. They would only go down to 830 if we bought a diamond from them. I just wanted to give you my experiences. Good luck!
Mon :bigsmile:

ajcurl

Rough_Rock
Thank you so much to everyone who has given their advice. We really appreciate it. We will definitely check out those sites and give dvatche a call for the dealers nearby. Any advice on where to look for just the basic cathedral style ring? If you were to choose, would you go with the x-prong or the basic cathedral setting?

mon

Rough_Rock
I fell in love with the x-prong the first time I saw it online, & when I tried it on in a store, I knew it was the one. We just bought the simple comfort fit setting, but before we did, we looked around for other styles. I liked a lot of the cathedral settings with baguets we saw, but we prefered simplicity. I fell in love with one similar to the photo above at bailey banks & biddle. Instead of the x-prong, it was a true cathedral setting & it was GORGEOUS! I looked on their website & they did not have it online, but if there is a store near you I would consider checking them out. Most of the other stores we saw had similar style settings, but this one was incredible & a little outside our budget. I think the setting was between 800-1000 (yellow gold), & that did not leave us much for a nice diamond. I dont know much about bbb except that they are a bit more expensive than online sites, but they were comparable to a lot of the jewelers we visited. Their website is bbbjewelers.com, but they only have a few rings to look at. Good luck!
Mon :bigsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results