shape
carat
color
clarity

Cathedral Engagement Ring

Bianca201

Rough_Rock
I spent a couple months researching on this website as we worked to have a custom engagement ring done locally and I wanted to share the details in case that helps others in their research.

Diamond: 1.23 G VS2 Triple Excellent, GIA Cert, scores 1.0 on the HCA.

Our final decision was between two diamonds, exact same size/color/clarity/cut. The diamond we were originally getting scored a 2.8 on the HCA. It had been very carefully chosen, and was beautiful and sparkly, but there was a very slight difference between the 1.0 and the 2.8. They were so very close in sparkle, both so incredible, that if I ended up with the wrong one - I probably never would have noticed. But side by side in a blind comparison, the HCA 1.0 was just a smidge more magic to me.
1673462461520.png

Setting Design: Cathedral with tapered shared prong side diamonds down to 9 and 3. There is no halo / hidden halo / basket / bezel or anything on the front and back of the diamond, the intent was to be able to see the entire diamond profile.

Metal choice: We went with the 900 PLAT/100 IR blend to increase the hardness and reduce the patina.

Ring Size: 6

Thanks for all the details in the forums and all the articles and everything, I spent far too long down many rabbit holes of detail and I'm very pleased with the ring we ended up with. I probably won't post much from this point on, kind of a one-and-done kind of thing, but wanted to be sure I paid it forward. #givingback =)2

IMG-7950.jpg IMG-7943.jpg IMG-2341.jpg IMG-7939.jpg IMG-7951.jpg

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement! I'm glad you were able to create your dream ring!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results