shape
carat
color
clarity

Catch all thread - talk or better yet show us

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Yes… any details? And can we also have a hand shot pls?

Actually, there are several other jadeite pieces in the pics. More of them too pls.

Alright, hand shot. The oval jadeite is 13 X 10 mm. It is imperial green - and has that typical brightness under some lighting conditions, as seen in the lower photos.
The earrings and leaf ring are the same shade of green. They are old pit glassy green.
The jade bracelet always makes me smile It is a lovely happy green that always glows. I have a brooch with the same kind of jadeite. 01A064CF-C40C-4F38-8582-25C1DB254631.jpeg

Attachments

• 3C958291-7E87-4F6F-8D77-8A4E05C9E2FE.jpeg
    3C958291-7E87-4F6F-8D77-8A4E05C9E2FE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 10
  • FD753FF8-E099-4E5C-A31A-FBA2D680B197.jpeg
    FD753FF8-E099-4E5C-A31A-FBA2D680B197.jpeg
    682.7 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
They are so lovely! The bracelet is 阳绿?

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
They are so lovely! The bracelet is 阳绿?

Yes, i think it might be! It sure fits the description, but it is not yellowish green which some sun jades are.

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Alright, hand shot. The oval jadeite is 13 X 10 mm. It is imperial green - and has that typical brightness under some lighting conditions, as seen in the lower photos.
The earrings and leaf ring are the same shade of green. They are old pit glassy green.
The jade bracelet always makes me smile It is a lovely happy green that always glows. I have a brooch with the same kind of jadeite. 01A064CF-C40C-4F38-8582-25C1DB254631.jpeg

Where did you find such beautiful glowing jade in the bracelet?

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Where did you find such beautiful glowing jade in the bracelet?

Hi @autumngems I bought the bracelet from On Cheong Jewellery. https://oncheong.com/ I also bought a butterfly brooch with the same kind of jadeite - but there isn’t any more of this jadeite in the store.
At the recent international Jewellery show in Singapore, I spotted a pair of earrings with similar material. The jeweller (from Hong Kong) told me she searched high and Low before finding the four small pieces for the earrings.
85EE1928-814C-4607-B716-751574130B6D.jpeg

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally getting around to setting my sapphire and OECs. They go to GIA next week to get lab reports. The setting is nothing fancy - just a sort of antique-inspired three-stone. The gems themselves take up so much real estate there's no room for anything else.

DK 84034-QUAD.jpg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally getting around to setting my sapphire and OECs. They go to GIA next week to get lab reports. The setting is nothing fancy - just a sort of antique-inspired three-stone. The gems themselves take up so much real estate there's no room for anything else.

IMG_9813.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

DK 84034-QUAD.jpg

:love: :love: :love: :P2 :love:

What metal(s) are you choosing?

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: :P2 :love:

What metal(s) are you choosing?

I think all platinum - I was originally thinking platinum heads with yellow gold shank but to be honest you wouldn't be able to see it and I don't think that's worth it. I can just wear a yellow gold band if I want some yellow gold in there, lol.

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_9813.jpg

IMG_9816.jpg

DK 84034-QUAD.jpg

I LOVE your sapphire! Does it do some violet shifting? It looks huge!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I LOVE your sapphire! Does it do some violet shifting? It looks huge!

Thanks! I honestly don't think it shifts to violet much. Those pics are probably as violet as it looks. It's at GIA now and I'm a little nervous because I bought it from ceylonsapphiregems on insta and then shortly afterwards there was that big drama on here involving him. So I'm really hoping it comes back as just heated, as how it was represented. I will keep everyone posted. Even if it turns out to have some other treatment, I am still going to set it because I can't decide on any other setting for my OEC diamonds and also want to be able to wear them, as they are the only diamonds over a carat that I own, and they've been sitting in the safety deposit box for three years.

I think it is around 6 carats. I don't remember. It is very deep as well but it has a lovely color. Not too dark, not too light, doesn't black out, but is noticeably a different color than my engagement ring sapphire so I don't feel like I'm repeating or replacing it!

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! I honestly don't think it shifts to violet much. Those pics are probably as violet as it looks. It's at GIA now and I'm a little nervous because I bought it from ceylonsapphiregems on insta and then shortly afterwards there was that big drama on here involving him. So I'm really hoping it comes back as just heated, as how it was represented. I will keep everyone posted. Even if it turns out to have some other treatment, I am still going to set it because I can't decide on any other setting for my OEC diamonds and also want to be able to wear them, as they are the only diamonds over a carat that I own, and they've been sitting in the safety deposit box for three years.

I think it is around 6 carats. I don't remember. It is very deep as well but it has a lovely color. Not too dark, not too light, doesn't black out, but is noticeably a different color than my engagement ring sapphire so I don't feel like I'm repeating or replacing it!

Yes please do keep us updated. I read those threads as they unfolded in dismay about customer service, but had also read the ones that the stone was as good or better than expected upon arrival. Yours is definitely beautiful and will be stunning with your OECs!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Pssst @Crimson can you post the stone in here or in your thread so we can gossip about how you'll set it!!!!!!???

I looooooove it!!!
@mellowyellowgirl i recently got these 3mm spinels from @OTL.
Do you think might go well with the pink Cuprian tournaline? If anyone else has suggestions, criticisms, ideas, please share them! Thank you :mrgreen2: 0E2CE0E1-A3CE-4A40-BF17-015AB5BE4DE3.jpeg

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mellowyellowgirl i recently got these 3mm spinels from @OTL.
Do you think might go well with the pink Cuprian tournaline? If anyone else has suggestions, criticisms, ideas, please share them! Thank you :mrgreen2: 0E2CE0E1-A3CE-4A40-BF17-015AB5BE4DE3.jpeg

Oh my word yes!!! That will look amazing!!!!

But this is right up my alley though so I'm very biased

Halo?

It's giving me these vibes

The right ring!

images (2).jpeg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my word yes!!! That will look amazing!!!!

But this is right up my alley though so I'm very biased

Halo?

It's giving me these vibes

The right ring!

images (2).jpeg

Thank you very much, @mellowyellowgirl ! I do love your suggestion. HW candies! it. reminds me of your cushion rubellite setting too . I am also exploring a ring-pendant convertible design.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you very much, @mellowyellowgirl ! I do love your suggestion. HW candies! it. reminds me of your cushion rubellite setting too . I am also exploring a ring-pendant convertible design.

I can't wait!!!! I seriously loved this stone so much! I'm brimming with excitement to see how you're going to set it!!!!!

HW Candies are my goal in life!!! If someone designed a bunch of rings for me especially, they are it!!!!!

Gosh I love frufru!!!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I can't wait!!!! I seriously loved this stone so much! I'm brimming with excitement to see how you're going to set it!!!!!

HW Candies are my goal in life!!! If someone designed a bunch of rings for me especially, they are it!!!!!

Gosh I love frufru!!!
@mellowyellowgirl So do I! I’ll probably meet my designer this weekend. She designed my multi-spinel bangle and Jedi spinel ring, so let‘s see what she up with!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@distracts , that sapphire is gorgeous! I am eagerly waiting to see what the lab says!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Crimson @Autumn in New England Ive made a mental guess! I think you gave it away in your clues! Hehe I shall wait and see if I’m right!

Oh how fun! And it didn’t cost me a cent!

Haha, @mellowyellowgirl I am sure you are right!
I’m sure @Autumn in New England would guess it too.
The trouble I get into.. . I went to get the pink cuprian designed and to get an opinion on the blue spinel. The gemologist advised me to return the spinel and then he pulled out this glowing, green gem…=):mrgreen:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The trouble I get into.. . I went to get the pink cuprian designed and to get an opinion on the blue spinel. The gemologist advised me to return the spinel and then he pulled out this glowing, green gem…=):mrgreen:

Ahhh it’s the glow that gets us isn’t it?

If I could turn back time I would get rid of my diamond solitaires for all CS!

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhhhh, what green gem is it? I am already :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:. I am not at home. Long week away and then working like mad this weekend. No K or C-drama on viki. Very bored.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock

Ohhhhh, what green gem is it? I am already :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:. I am not at home. Long week away and then working like mad this weekend. No K or C-drama on viki. Very bored.

Oh my, hope you find some time to relax, @ChaiK.
@mellowyellowgirl has made a guess and @Nick_G has got it, so don’t look at the rainbow thread yet! Here’s what I posted:
”I don’t have it yet, only placed a deposit. I need to learn more because it is not my usual green gem. It costs a bomb! If I buy it you won’t see me posting much new stuff for a while Clue: GRS certified Old Mine. Location: 4 letters.”

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh it’s the glow that gets us isn’t it?

If I could turn back time I would get rid of my diamond solitaires for all CS!

Haha! Same. The chart below also shows why CS are better buys if we like them:

Credit Suisse has also issued this report - not that we PSers need any more encouragement :mrgreen2:

Oh my, hope you find some time to relax, @ChaiK.
@mellowyellowgirl has made a guess and @Nick_G has got it, so don’t look at the rainbow thread yet! Here’s what I posted:
”I don’t have it yet, only placed a deposit. I need to learn more because it is not my usual green gem. It costs a bomb! If I buy it you won’t see me posting much new stuff for a while Clue: GRS certified Old Mine. Location: 4 letters.”

M U Z O!!

:mrgreen::appl:I shall decide after Jewellery & Gem World (27-30 Sept). I shall try not to faint, and share lots of photos!https://jgwsg.exhibitions.jewellerynet.com/
It is going to be a heady month here in Singapore. In Oct, we have Jeweluxe. https://www.jeweluxeworld.com/

This is so exciting, my friend!!
bananamoonwalk.gif

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
How did you find the show?

Personally I was a bit disappointed by the size and number of vendors.

Haven’t gone yet. Prob today or Friday.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results