shape
carat
color
clarity

Cat foodies - Weruva

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I just discovered a new canned food for Coltrane. It''s called Weruva, they make 12 grain-free flavors, and they seem to use pretty high-quality ingredients. It looks like actual food when you take it out of the can - the Steak Frites flavor is actually shredded beef with potato chunks and whole green peas in a gravy sauce.
31.gif
Do any of you have any experience/opinions on this food?

Here is a link to the website:
http://www.weruva.com/index.html
If you go to Cuisine you can look at each flavor and ingredient list.

I found it at my local natural pet store (so cute - it''s called Whole Pets and it''s a total ripoff of Whole Foods
9.gif
). Coltrane LOOOOOVES it. I had been feeding him Wellness grain-free canned, but he likes this much much better and they make more grain-free flavors.
9.gif
He also has a Wellness dry food in his dry mix, so I like to mix it up. Lynn knows what I''m talking about.
2.gif

Any input is appreciated!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will have to look out for it, those look like delectable dinners for cats!!!!!! LOVE the Grandma's Chicken Soup!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
We found that and Instinct a few months ago and the cats ADORE IT.

It's the only thing I've found that competes with their (crappy) pro-plan fixation. I was so thrilled to find it.

That and Instinct are all we buy now. The Instinct gets monotonous for them so we do 2 nights of Weruva and one of Instinct.

HIGHLY recommend. And when you open the can... you can TOTALLY see why they love it.

We also switched them from Innova to Wellness Grain Free for dry food, and they are doing well on that. I love the Innova, but it was getting to be really difficult to buy it since we moved.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 1:56:14 AM
Author:BigDiamonds
Hi everyone!
35.gif
I just discovered a new canned food for Coltrane. It''s called Weruva, they make 12 grain-free flavors, and they seem to use pretty high-quality ingredients. It looks like actual food when you take it out of the can - the Steak Frites flavor is actually shredded beef with potato chunks and whole green peas in a gravy sauce.
31.gif
Do any of you have any experience/opinions on this food?

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.weruva.com/index.html

If you go to Cuisine you can look at each flavor and ingredient list.

I found it at my local natural pet store (so cute - it''s called Whole Pets and it''s a total ripoff of Whole Foods
9.gif
). Coltrane LOOOOOVES it. I had been feeding him Wellness grain-free canned, but he likes this much much better and they make more grain-free flavors.
9.gif
He also has a Wellness dry food in his dry mix, so I like to mix it up. Lynn knows what I''m talking about.
2.gif

Any input is appreciated!

Haha, YEP, I sure do!!!
I''m off to look into this; THANKS, BD!!!
36.gif

PS Chinny skritches to Coltrane for me, and head bonks from Boo!!!

Lynn

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm...I worry about the use of potato starch in some of the flavors, but most of them look really good - definitely nothing in there that will make kitty sick, given their (apparently) stringent manufacturing standards
1.gif

I might have to see if my guys would go for this...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Hey AG, nice to be posting in the same thread as you... I haven''t been around much and I''ve missed you!

Tell me more about potato starch, please.

Also, I have a friend who wants an easy breezy one sentence directive on buying her cat food... she doesn''t want to LEARN anything
20.gif
just buy something "decent". So, in quick summation, I told her, "No by-products, no corn [in any form], and no wheat." Am I missing anything obvious?!!! THANKS!

Lynn

PS Boo sends a HOWDY to Ollie!
35.gif

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
*sniff* *sniff*

They dont have any suppliers in Australia
7.gif

It sounds great, I really, really, really want some for my 2 fuzzies.

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
hehehehe

I just became a Cut Rock!!! YAY!
36.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 9:27:41 PM
Author: Lynn B
Hey AG, nice to be posting in the same thread as you... I haven't been around much and I've missed you!

Also, I have a friend who wants an easy breezy one sentence directive on buying her cat food... she doesn't want to LEARN anything
20.gif
just buy something 'decent'. So, in quick summation, I told her, 'No by-products, no corn [in any form], and no wheat.' Am I missing anything obvious?!!! THANKS!

Lynn

35.gif

Lynn - ditto, I've missed seeing you around too. I'm feeling like it might be time for some more Boo and Ollie pics over in the Raggie thread
2.gif

I think your directive for your friend was good, although often with people like that I find its easier to just pick a brand (or three) and recommend them - I'm thinking my top three would be Innova, Wellness, and Chicken Soup, but really any of the "good" brands would be so much better than feeding Purina or whatever.

Re: the potato starch, I think and kind of starch is pretty much bad. Minimal veggies are OK, but even those, the kitties don't really NEED them - they eat meat and occasionally some grass in the wild, so those are really the only things required for them to get good nutrition, and while I'm sure that the vitamins and minerals and fiber in the veggies aren't bad for them, taking just the starch from a veggie (like a potato) likely is, and in any case is certainly unnecessary.

PS Ollie sends squeaks (his main form of communication) to Boo
2.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 11:16:07 PM
Author: Savvymon
hehehehe

I just became a Cut Rock!!! YAY!
36.gif

Congratulations Savvymon!!

I''m sorry the Weruva isn''t available down under, but I''m guessing some other high quality foods are. What do you feed your kitties now?

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, AG, for chiming in. No starches of any kind... check! Thanks!

Anyway, I think her reason for the question(s) she had and the information she requested was to try to find a "good" food at the grocery store! She wasn't successful, she told me later!!!
12.gif

Savvymon,
Pet Food Direct sells Weruva, as well as many other premium foods. Not sure they ship to Oz, but maybe???!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/15/2009 1:19:26 PM
Author: AmberGretchen

Date: 3/14/2009 9:27:41 PM
Author: Lynn B
Hey AG, nice to be posting in the same thread as you... I haven''t been around much and I''ve missed you!

Also, I have a friend who wants an easy breezy one sentence directive on buying her cat food... she doesn''t want to LEARN anything
20.gif
just buy something ''decent''. So, in quick summation, I told her, ''No by-products, no corn [in any form], and no wheat.'' Am I missing anything obvious?!!! THANKS!

Lynn

35.gif

Lynn - ditto, I''ve missed seeing you around too. I''m feeling like it might be time for some more Boo and Ollie pics over in the Raggie thread
2.gif

I think your directive for your friend was good, although often with people like that I find its easier to just pick a brand (or three) and recommend them - I''m thinking my top three would be Innova, Wellness, and Chicken Soup, but really any of the ''good'' brands would be so much better than feeding Purina or whatever.

Re: the potato starch, I think and kind of starch is pretty much bad. Minimal veggies are OK, but even those, the kitties don''t really NEED them - they eat meat and occasionally some grass in the wild, so those are really the only things required for them to get good nutrition, and while I''m sure that the vitamins and minerals and fiber in the veggies aren''t bad for them, taking just the starch from a veggie (like a potato) likely is, and in any case is certainly unnecessary.

PS Ollie sends squeaks (his main form of communication) to Boo
2.gif
* quick threadjack*

Does Mr Ollie Tuftyfeetiepants queek????
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
How STINKIN'' cute!!!!

BigDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for your input! Coltrane and I appreciate it.
2.gif

Lynn, if there is a Whole Foods store near your friend, they carry a limited selection of Wellness foods and a few others. That could be a good and easy option.

Let''s all work on new pics for the Raggie thread...you guys wouldn''t believe how big and dark Coltrane has gotten!

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 1:20:40 PM

I''m sorry the Weruva isn''t available down under, but I''m guessing some other high quality foods are. What do you feed your kitties now?
Thank you Amber
9.gif

I feed my monsters the holistic Eagle Pack dry food (ewwww) and they get a mixture of raw meat and raw chicken bones and the occasional tin of fancy feast, it has real chicken and real fish, but this Weruva looks awesome. I hate giving them grain but the fussy creatures refuse and really kick up a stink (they''re phycotic burmese) when I tried to go all raw. My youngest started to yowl and we ran out of patience.
40.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 4:17:46 PM
Author: Lorelei

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
How STINKIN'' cute!!!!

Yes, yes he does
2.gif
In fact, we like to joke that he put so much energy into growing the rest of him (especially The Tail and The Tufties) that he never had enough leftover to grow his meow to a grownup meow - sometimes he still does that cute thing that kittens do where he opens his mouth and no noise comes out
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 8:46:54 PM
Date: 3/15/2009 1:20:40 PM

Thank you Amber
9.gif

I feed my monsters the holistic Eagle Pack dry food (ewwww) and they get a mixture of raw meat and raw chicken bones and the occasional tin of fancy feast, it has real chicken and real fish, but this Weruva looks awesome. I hate giving them grain but the fussy creatures refuse and really kick up a stink (they''re phycotic burmese) when I tried to go all raw. My youngest started to yowl and we ran out of patience.
40.gif

That sounds like a pretty good diet to me
2.gif
Your kitties sound like a hoot too - I don''t suppose you''d happen to have some piccies to share? We love pics of kitties around here
12.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 4:37:22 PM
Author: BigDiamonds

Lynn, if there is a Whole Foods store near your friend, they carry a limited selection of Wellness foods and a few others. That could be a good and easy option.

Let''s all work on new pics for the Raggie thread...you guys wouldn''t believe how big and dark Coltrane has gotten!

Ditto on the Whole Foods - I think I''ve seen decent food once or twice at Trader Joe''s too. And if your friend is a on a super-tight budget, the Kirkland brand of food at Costco is at least better than Purina and SD and Iams, though not as good as some of the higher-quality options like Wellness, etc...

I can''t wait to see new Coltrane pics - I love all the pics of him in his costumes
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 10:47:51 AM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
How STINKIN'' cute!!!!

Yes, yes he does
2.gif
In fact, we like to joke that he put so much energy into growing the rest of him (especially The Tail and The Tufties) that he never had enough leftover to grow his meow to a grownup meow - sometimes he still does that cute thing that kittens do where he opens his mouth and no noise comes out
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Oh I just love that!!!!
31.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 10:53:20 AM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
How STINKIN'' cute!!!!

Yes, yes he does
2.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh I just love that!!!!
31.gif

Hehe me too - DH and I are so evil, we laugh at him every time, even though he''s so earnestly trying to communicate with us
11.gif
30.gif

Savvymon

Shiny_Rock
Amber,

Ill post some pics of my boys on the thread, show us your mutts... I think thats what its called???
They''re both Euro Burmese so they''re quite different from the American Types, Euro''s have softer curves not the roundness of their American rellies and Euro''s come in a whole lot more colours, my boys are Brown and red.

9.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/17/2009 1:09:10 AM

Amber,

Ill post some pics of my boys on the thread, show us your mutts... I think thats what its called???

They''re both Euro Burmese so they''re quite different from the American Types, Euro''s have softer curves not the roundness of their American rellies and Euro''s come in a whole lot more colours, my boys are Brown and red.

9.gif

I SAW the pictures - they are GORGEOUS beasties, their colors are so rich, and you can just tell looking at those pictures how smart they are - they look absolutely LOVELY
30.gif
30.gif
9.gif
9.gif

Thank you for sharing them with us
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/16/2009 7:49:44 PM

Date: 3/16/2009 10:53:20 AM

30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
How STINKIN'' cute!!!!

Yes, yes he does
2.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Oh I just love that!!!!
31.gif

Hehe me too - DH and I are so evil, we laugh at him every time, even though he''s so earnestly trying to communicate with us
11.gif
30.gif
They can be extremely earnest can''t dey???
30.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results