shape
carat
color
clarity

Cash4Gold and other sites?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Have any of you ever used any of the mail-in cash-for-gold services? I have a few pieces of highly undesirable gold and sapphire jewelry that I don''t think are even worth taking to an actual store or consignment shop, so I wanted to see if I might get any cash for them if I sold them for "parts".

Just wondered if any of you had any experience with these companies and which ones might be reputable. Thank you!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've heard that these companies are no better than scam artists. People only get a fraction of what their pieces are worth. I'd suggest taking your pieces to a local jeweler and asking what they'd give you for the gold as scrap. If they don't want to buy, they could advise you on where to take the pieces. My local jeweler actually has gold prices posted for this purpose. I guess he gets a lot of questions about it.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One of the news stations out of Orlando did a story on one of those mail in money for gold places...they
concluded it was a big ripoff. We have a lot of local pawn shops that will buy your gold. I''ve been
thinking about taking in my old broke/tangled/mangled gold to see what they would give me since gold
is at a high right now. Might give me enough to start a new project! woo hoo!!!

Hello Lover

Rough_Rock
I don''t know anything about their reputation but I love their commercials, the one with Ed McMahon was a good laugh.

sonnyjane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks! The more I research this on the web, the more I''m thinking it is probably a big rip off. I''ll probably explore my options at jewelry stores.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/20/2009 11:57:11 AM
Author: Hello Lover
I don''t know anything about their reputation but I love their commercials, the one with Ed McMahon was a good laugh.
Yeah, this one with Ed and MC Hammer was a good one, lol!

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
No way I''d send my gold to MC Hammer or Ed.

There was an article in our local newspaper in FL about how it is a scam. Go to a local jeweler and get a quote. Have you considered Ebay?

Darthkim

Rough_Rock
Read this post about his experiences.

http://www.cockeyed.com/citizen/goldkit/cheat.shtml

And some more

http://consumerist.com/search/cash4gold/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results