shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier vs Bvlgari vs Damiani

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tino

Rough_Rock

Hi all, I already bought my diamond now I’m looking for my wedding bands. I have seen so many but no one seems to be what a looking for, considering that we will wear this ring all our life. I saw a Bulgari rings the Bzero1, it looks nice and is getting very popular as a wedding band, unfortunately they are just a few sizes and there are very hard to find them. Then I saw Cartier the love collection (no diamond just screws) and the Double C motif ring (no diamond just the Cartier logo) the problem with these two is that they don’t look like a wedding band and some else can wear it anytime not just for a wedding ring. Then I saw Damiani “the love from love collection” (NO the D side collection. Brad´s Pit collection). There are nice but a little expensive. Does the Damiani collection really worth the price?

These are my options and the ones I can afford and the ones I can get here in my city in Mexico.

Which one do you think should I buy? Just to compare prices with US, How much do I have to pay for each ring?

Thanks for your help

tino

Rough_Rock
Anyone can help me please? or please tell me where I can get an opinion

Regards

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am familiar with the names of the companies, but not the styles that you mentioned...maybe it would help if you posted some pictures.

fanboy

Shiny_Rock
You might not be looking for comments on style or anything, but aren''t those rings rather fashion-oriented for something you have to wear on your finger the rest of your life? I personally wouldn''t feel comfortable with company logos on my ring or ''screws'' that may go out of fashion or you may feel awkward wearing when you''re older.

tino

Rough_Rock
Here attach is the cartier, let me see if I can include the others two, sorry I dont know how to do it

Anillo Cartier.png

tino

Rough_Rock
Here is the Bvlgari

Anillo Bulgari.png

tino

Rough_Rock
And the Damiani

Anillo Damiani.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My personal preference is the Damiani. The Cartier is too obvious with the interlocking C''s. Kinda tacky for a wedding band. The Bulgari is really nice though; very unique. It''s my second pick. The Damiani, however, is very elegant and understated, and wins hands down.

tino

Rough_Rock

Thanks fanboy, its your opinion and I can not chage it is important to know what other people thinks

tino

Rough_Rock

Thanks Chrono I really appreciate you opinion

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/16/2007 1:19:43 PM
Author: fanboy
You might not be looking for comments on style or anything, but aren''t those rings rather fashion-oriented for something you have to wear on your finger the rest of your life? I personally wouldn''t feel comfortable with company logos on my ring or ''screws'' that may go out of fashion or you may feel awkward wearing when you''re older.
I don''t think that would truly be the case for any of the above mentioned designers. They are all well established designers that have been master craftsmen of jewlery for many many years. I would be proud to wear such names, but likely never awkward wearing them at any age. However, where I see the issue is the company logo taking presidence over the intimacy and solemnity of the marraige and the meaning of the ring.

That said, I would chose as Chrono and go with the Damiani, then the Bulgari THEN the Cartier, although it is my favorite designer of all three. I love the LOVE collection, however, I think it''s not as appropriate for the sanctity of wedding ring, as it is a lovely gift for an anniversary or birthday, etc.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi Tino. Congrats on your stone purchase! Are you looking for bands for a guy or girl? Did you want matching bands?

You are so right that there are a number of options. Cartier has some gorgeous bands, for men and women. For a ring that is for a lifetime, I wouldn''t want a ring that advertises the designer. But that''s just me. I wouldn''t want my wedding band to say "Bvlgari" or "Damiani". Instead I would want a piece that is timeless with great quality that looks fantastic on my finger.

tino

Rough_Rock

I have just returned from see the Damiani ring and you know what they told me that the word Damiani in the ring gets erase in no more than 1 year. Does this change your opinion? I mean the ones who wrote about the logos and words in the ring

tino

Rough_Rock
What about this Cartier Tank do you think I can wear it as a wedding band?

Cartier2.PNG

tino

Rough_Rock
I forgot to show you the cartier with the logos. Well all these are my options what do you think?

cartier 3.png

yellowsparkles

Shiny_Rock
?
Date: 5/16/2007 4:55:30 PM
Author: tino

I have just returned from see the Damiani ring and you know what they told me that the word Damiani in the ring gets erase in no more than 1 year. Does this change your opinion? I mean the ones who wrote about the logos and words in the ring

I don''t understand. It sounds like you are saying that the logo dissappears in a year?
41.gif
Do you mean that they are not going to put their logo on the ring next year?
sorry, I may be a bit slow - but I don''t quite understand.
33.gif

winternight

Brilliant_Rock
My favorite in terms of design is the Cartier love ring.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I do not for one second believe that the "Damiani" name will "erase" in one years time. It is embossed or engraved and there are ANTIQUE rings that have similar engravings ON THE INSIDE, where there is constant wear, that last for 100 years .. even more. The fact that the dealer tried to snow you that way makes me not trust them. I always thought Damiani was a little shady -- stealing Brad Pitt''s design & then when he complained/sued them ... came to an agreement to continue production. Steal first, ask questions later - bad taste in my mouth about that "brand".

Honestly, none of your choices seems "wedding band" ish to me AT ALL. Is there a Tiffany near you? That brand doesn''t throw their name all over their stuff willy-nilly.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 5/16/2007 4:55:30 PM
Author: tino

I cant believe such nonsense would come out from such a Firm.

tino

Rough_Rock

As is made of white gold you have to give the typical service each 6 months so the ring can shine and look like brand new in this process the “Damiani” disappear.

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Since you''re asking for opinions...I dont like any of those options for a man''s wedding ring with the exception of the Cartier Tank band, which looks more like a wedding band than anything else.

Can I ask, why are you so set on having a wedding ring with someone''s logo all over it? I ask because it seems odd for a wedding band. Whether or not the Damiani name wears off in a year or not isn''t important to me, it''s that Damiani assumes people actually want to wear his name on their wedding band. That''s weird to me. I agree with deco (as usual,
35.gif
hi deco!), I think if you have to go with a luxury brand ring, go with a Tiffany man''s wedding ring. Classic, classy and timelessly elegant.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
So it sounds like you are looking for a man's wedding band only? I was in Cartier last weekend, doing exactly the same thing for my DF.

I get the feeling that you want people to know you have a high-end ring on your finger. It seems having the name or the logo or the proprietary design is important to you. I would go for one of the Cartier rings, in your case. They are not so in-your-face with the name - a person looking at the ring would have to recognize the logo, not just be able to read. Personally I love the "Birthday" ring, the last one you posted.

Cartier has far more conservative wedding rings for men also - plain bands with impeccable craftmanship. Tiffany has a few nice understated styles also. It doesn't sound like that's what you want though.

The "Love" ring gets copied a lot, so there's no real way to show you have an authentic ring. The Bvlgari B Zero gets copied a lot too. Therefore you may want to go for one of the designs that isn't widely copied. That way, people will realize you have the real thing. I would imagine this is important to you.

Also, Cartier re-evaluates prices world-wide on a monthly basis to ensure price parity. Unless you can manage a tax savings, there probably isn't much advantage to buying in the States vs. Mexico. I would assume the other jewelry houses do the same.

tino

Rough_Rock

Thanks to all who have written their opinion, all have been very helpful.

Let me explain something maybe someone got me wrong. I’m not sure to want a ring with logos that’s why I started this topic. Actually my Question was if this can be used as a wedding band. Yes you right starryeyed I’m looking for a designer, I mean I’m going to use this ring forever I don’t want to culminate my relationship with a 300 or 400 dollar ring. I want something else. Think about is the only thing you will keep once the party is over (talking about spending money). That’s why I ask about these rings maybe the problem is that I have just few options if anyone can tell me about more brands I can take a better decision .

Another Question what do you thing about this? What happen if you wear any ring (considering the design) in the correct hand and in the correct finger does that mean you are married? For the ones who answer yes so you don’t have to wear the typically wedding band? You can use any ring?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, most people would assume that you are married if the ring is worn on the 4th finger of the left hand. Doesn't really matter what type of ring it is, although they may be a bit puzzled if it looks too fashiony.

Do you like diamonds in the band? I've seen many gorgeous men's bands that are very classy. Let me find me pictures.

Greg's titanium with with Whiteflash's ACA diamond.
GregFinishedRing.jpg

Not sure where this is from
titanium-rings_1773_3227164.gif
benchmarkrings.jpg
benchmarkrings2.jpg

Signed Pieces has a lot of lovely wedding bands to choose from too:
For instance: http://www.thefacetscollection.com/item.cfm?item_id=2104

tino

Rough_Rock
NICE!!!!Thanks wich brand are those

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Forgive me for my honesty, but I think a lot of these bands strike me more as fashion bands than wedding bands and are too trendy for a wedding band. If you want something expensive for a wedding band, I would consider a platinum tension ring or something similar. They are unique and different, but more appropriate than a branded ring.

Of all of the bands you posted, I guess I like the damiani ring the best because it actually looks like a wedding band and the style probably won''t be gone in 10 years.

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
I see nothing wrong with wanting a brand name ring for a wedding ring, I think though Tino that many people saw how obvious the rings were to SHOW how they are a designer ring.

Most people, and I would agree with them, think that perhaps the logo showing very plainly is a bit too much, and too showy? I think it takes away from the meaning of marraige, and any $300-$400 ring doesn't make a marraige cheaper or less. It just means you spent more on a ring. Love is not equated to how much you spend on a diamond engagement ring or a wedding band, and I am a bit sad to think that you need an expensive ring to sort of prove how much love you have for your new wife.

That said, I like quality things, I will not deny it. I however would buy a quality, well-made piece with no name, if I felt it was what I wanted. I love Cartier and they have beautiful pieces that would make lovely wedding rings, but I am not a fan of anything that screams Cartier (as a wedding band) because it takes away from the point of the band and just shows off that you spent a lot for the ring. To me if anything, the wedding band is the one being blessed, it should be sacred and never taken off. But that's my belief, so comfort would be my main point, not brand.

Like many people pointed out, depending on your need, you can get many nice ring selections based on your prefered look and quality level. Are you in Mexico City in DF? There are MANY shops in the area, including a Tiffany's if you want to take a look at simple bands. If not, then I suggest the Cartier, then the Damiani, then the Bulgari.

ETA: Have you gone to Berger Joyeros in Mexico City? It's on Avenida Presidente Masaryk I think. Very beautiful pieces and name brands as well...

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
A wedding band isn''t about how much money you spend on it, it''s about the commitment you''re making to your partner. Are you saying that people who cannot afford to spend more than $300-400 on their wedding bands somehow have inferior rings? It is an argument that doesn''t make sense to me. I''m sure there are many very nice jewelry stores in places like Mexico City, where you could find a very nice wedding ring, without company logos on them. From what you say, it seems like you''re just looking at luxury brands because for some reason you equate spending a lot of money with quality, and the two are not mutually exclusive, in my experience. I guess I dont understand why you are actually looking to spend MORE money than you need to, just because it is your wedding band. You do realize that you''re paying for the LOGO, right? Personally, I would have to get those rings for free from those brands because I wouldn''t be interested in doing free advertising for their companies, least of all on my wedding band. But hey, different strokes for different folks, right?

tino

Rough_Rock

Thanks again, don’t get me wrong I don’t consider the brand of the ring to be a measurement of the love I have to my future wife, this is a diamond forum right? Does the size of the diamond show how much you love your fiancé? I think not, but you want to buy something great I am right? This is a similar case. (does the size really matters?)

Is Kind of hard to choose, yesterday I saw the Damiani vs. a 500 dollars ring they looks exactly the same.

I should go to a Tiffany to see what they have.

Thanks for all you comments they have been very helpful, again don’t got me wrong because I’m and old fashion guy and I wanted the typical weeding band that’s why I started this topic the ones I showed here doesn’t look like a wedding band, I wanted to know from all of you what do you think about them

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results