shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Trinity Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Any advice on how to care for it? I play with my constantly. Will that affect the various metals?

Update:
Cartier says it won't tarnish, but will scratch.

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Harriet, the "bullet wounds" that you get on the ring is part of what makes it distinctly yours. It will never look exactly like it did when it left the store.

If you can part with it, I believe you can take it in to Cartier for polishing when it needs it.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I spoke with Cartier and they will indeed polish it. I can''t bear to part with it though. I''m afraid it''s become a nervous habit.

Kohinoor

Rough_Rock
LOL! I have one too. Yes, it''s scratched already but I love it..battlescars and all!
5.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just bought one too, and am loving it!!!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kohinoor, Kaleigh,
Do you toy with yours constantly?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can say yes especially today, was in the dentist''s chair for 1 and 1/2 hours, it gave me something to keep my mind off that GD* drill!!!
32.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lisa, which one did you get? Maybe we could all get one and it could be our secret PS decoder ring or something, for get-togethers.
2.gif
Now that''s a new excuse to buy a ring!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 10:36:16 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Lisa, which one did you get? Maybe we could all get one and it could be our secret PS decoder ring or something, for get-togethers.
2.gif
Now that''s a new excuse to buy a ring!
9.gif
Haha, wouldn''t that be fun!!! I just got the plain tri gold Trinty ring. I bought a size 49, which comes out to a 4 and a 1/2?? I bought the 50, initially but it was too loose.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, good! I have really intended to get one, too, but the sizing issue is what has held me back. I am not even sure what size my right hand finger is at the moment, and then I have to translate it into the French sizing. I have too many things on my wish list, though!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 10:14:10 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I can say yes especially today, was in the dentist''s chair for 1 and 1/2 hours, it gave me something to keep my mind off that GD* drill!!!
32.gif
You still have to go to the dentist? I thought that was last week. I''m sorry.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 11:19:35 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 4/4/2007 10:14:10 PM
Author: Kaleigh
32.gif
You still have to go to the dentist? I thought that was last week. I''m sorry.
Last week was the root canal, today was being fitted for a temporary crown. And in 2 weeks I go back for the permanent crown. And the dentist''s office caught on fire last week, so had to see him in a new location poor guy.
15.gif
You have no clue what I have been through with him but it''s a funny story, good thing he has a sense of humor, and so do I.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
He''s still a dentist.
29.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nah he''s a sweetie pie. I had a long saga this summer. Will make it short. Went to get porcelain veneers. He took off all my bonding, gave me a ton of novocaine, and had a terrible allergic reaction. My face blew up like the good year blimp, and my lips were 10 times the size of Angelina Jolie''s. Then go back 2 weeks later for the permanent veneers, my teeth are exposed, and well the power went out.
32.gif
Yup, a bad summer storm. I said, you have a generator right?? He said no, but I will sit with you till the power comes back on. I sat there with my teeth exposed for and hour or so. He sat with me the entire time and cracked some jokes. I was crying, but his bedside manner meant the world to me. When I got the call about the fire, and the new location, I joked and said, I didn''t start the fire.
3.gif
Everyone cracked up. It''s one of those stories that doesn''t translate in writing, kinda like you had to be there.... But am the most infamous dental patient in the practice. LOL!!!!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
That''s painful, but hilarious. I''d like veneers myself, but I should probably take care of the wisdom teeth first.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
K, hope you are feeling better now
1.gif

Veneers are expensive and involved, I would def get non elective stuff out of the way prior to getting involved in all of that...

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am planning to get a rolling ring this week or next...Kaleigh and I went to the store to try them on so I know I need a 54...I reallly love them too, and will play with it a lot I am sure...

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
All those wisdom teeth removal stories terrify me.
15.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2007 11:56:36 PM
15.gif

I actually had a really easy time (only had three)! Don''t listen to the negative stories. I only took two of the pain killers the whole time and all three were impacted! I really want a trinity ring but it will be awhile. I love the all diamond version but that will NEVER happen so I probably would go with the tri-colored gold too.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 1:09:44 AM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 4/4/2007 11:56:36 PM
15.gif

I actually had a really easy time (only had three)! Don''t listen to the negative stories. I only took two of the pain killers the whole time and all three were impacted! I really want a trinity ring but it will be awhile. I love the all diamond version but that will NEVER happen so I probably would go with the tri-colored gold too.
Yup, it''s not so bad Harriet, what''s bad is for you to ignore it. The problem won''t go away. Find a dentist that has a great bedside manner, and you won''t feel a thing. Ok you''ll feel a thing, but it won''t be terrible. I surived a root canal with one shot of novacaine, want to beat that???
3.gif

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
congrats to all getting the trinity rings. they are so cute. i have the memoire rolling ring ordered in platinum with the channel set diamonds. i hope i love it.

back to the original question. buy a tin of never dull. it is a wadding with some type of polishing/cleaning element added to it. it will not remove deep scratches but does a good job of revitalizing. it can be purchased at walmart, automotive type stores or automotive sections at stores like target etc.. hope that helps.

i was playing around on ebay and saw some nyc company had a rolling ring with two bands of white diamonds and one band of blue sapphires. it was nice looking but i don''t do ebay, i am too chicken and always tend to play it safe.

if any of the new trinity owners can post hand shots i would love to see them.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/5/2007 11:47:14 AM
Author: crown1
congrats to all getting the trinity rings. they are so cute. i have the memoire rolling ring ordered in platinum with the channel set diamonds. i hope i love it.

back to the original question. buy a tin of never dull. it is a wadding with some type of polishing/cleaning element added to it. it will not remove deep scratches but does a good job of revitalizing. it can be purchased at walmart, automotive type stores or automotive sections at stores like target etc.. hope that helps.

i was playing around on ebay and saw some nyc company had a rolling ring with two bands of white diamonds and one band of blue sapphires. it was nice looking but i don''t do ebay, i am too chicken and always tend to play it safe.

if any of the new trinity owners can post hand shots i would love to see them.
Ooohm thanks for the tip, will have to buy some. I can''t wait to see your ring from Memoire!!!

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
the jeweler said 2-3 weeks and it has been one week. unfortunately, i don''t have a digital camera and i am not computer savvy enough to post them if i did.

i enjoy reading a couple of boards and do tons of research online but have never gotten into the technical side of the computer. i just get in and get what i need and don''t take the time to read and learn the rest.

this is truly unfair since i enjoy the pictures everyone else posts.
1.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got the ring today, I like it for when I am not wearing my eternity band. I am also eyeing a wide band in rose gold that has the Cartier C''s on it, neat and a bit different...no diamonds. But I like the ring a lot, have always liked it, and now can use it when I am going without my diamond rings which is great.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can try to get some soon, Irina will need to post them for me!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori,
I can't believe you didn't have a shot!

Kaleigh,
How bad was the shot?

I thought I wanted the all-diamond version. But, I tried it on and it may be a tad too chunky for me.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
harriette, you have made my stomach ache. i hope it is not to chunky for me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bear in mind that I have kid-sized hands.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I would like to see some hand pics, please
2.gif
. I'm thinkiing of a Trinity or Memoire as a RHR. What are the differences between the two? I will try to attach a pic of the one I'm interested in.
http://www.cartier.com/en_na/Cartier

ETA: Welll, that didn't work. It's in the Trinitie' collection, right top ring. It's the one with the diamonds scattered across the three bands.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results