shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier trinity losing its shine and all 3 becomes yellow?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Hi, some of you might have read my other post about purchasing a trinity from ebay, and the ring is supposed to be new. When I received it, the ring doesn''t had really noticable scratches, but the colors are very dull, not as shiny as the ones in the store. also all 3 ring seems to be very yellowish, and the white color and rose color are not very vivid. I know it''s an older version, it still says le must de cartier instead of a big *cartier* on the rose one. Is it normal for gold rings to lose its shine even if it has been worn? and is it normal for the white/rose gold to lose its color and turn more yellow over time? thanks very much. I dont own many gold jewelry so I''m not too sure.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
White gold does have a tendency to dim slightly as it ages (hence the popularity of rhodium), but I''ve never heard of rose gold behaving similarly: in my experience, if anything, it tends to darken and acquire a more coppery look. But there are myriad alloys out there, and they all react differently ....

Have you thought about taking it in to a Cartier store to have it verified and polished? That might put your qualms to rest and, as a bonus, shine it up for your viewing pleasure.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
This doesn''t sound right for a new ring. My Trinity is older and the colors are still distinct. I would follow the advice of Circe''s advice and take it in to Cartier''s for an opinion.

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies. I took the ring to the cartier shop in tokyo where I live, and they said that they cannot authenticate jewelriest at the store. They did clean it for me though. I''m not sure at this point but I guess I''ll just have to wait until I go back to the US in a few months

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
Hi, I just wanted to let you know that I have the 18k white gold Trinity ring and have noticed that it does indeed turn more of a dull gray color at times but it polishes back up nice and shiny with a treated cloth I have. I hope that helps a bit. I know you can never be sure when it comes to ebay too. Mine came right out of the Cartier store and on to my waiting finger, it wasnt but a few days before I noticed this change with it. It bugs me a bit but hey, it''s Cartier right? lol
2.gif

Kissmark

Shiny_Rock
hi ladies thank you very much for your reply. I asked Cartier to clean the ring for me and it looked much better afterwards, although still not shiny like the ones they have in the display case. After wearing it for a week or so I''m pretty convinced that it is authentic, although I can''t be 100% sure until Cartier tells me so. But for now i''m really enjoying the ring, real or not. Thanks so much for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results