shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier stones are heart and arrows?

fsrick

Rough_Rock
I went to Cartier to look for wedding bands. And took a look at their engagement ring just for fun. I found out I can see eight arrows on their stones. It seems their diamonds are heart and arrows. But I cannot find any official source to confirm that.

1.32ct, F, vvs2 for $27,500+tax, that too much for the name. But wedding bands are fine for me.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Seems pretty expensive but I actually thought it would be much, much more. I bet it was lovely!

fsrick

Rough_Rock
yea, the markup in Tiffany and Cartier is actually not as much as we thought, it is about 20%-30% more depends on the grading of diamonds.
but the eternity wedding band price is almost trippled in Tiffany and Cartier, for the same total 0.5ct stones, they sell for $3700 range.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Depending on lower half length it is quite possible to visibly see the 8 pavilion mains in a diamond whether they are truly Hearts & Arrows or not. Ultimately to observe the optical precision of a genuine H&A one must not only view the diamond through the crown through an H&A viewer but also, and primarily the pavilion. Both views, through both crown and pavilion will show just how precisely the alignment really is.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
fsrick|1313341342|2990641 said:
the eternity wedding band price is almost trippled in Tiffany and Cartier, for the same total 0.5ct stones, they sell for $3700 range.

Insane!!

centralsquare|1313345741|2990667 said:
fsrick|1313341342|2990641 said:
the eternity wedding band price is almost trippled in Tiffany and Cartier, for the same total 0.5ct stones, they sell for $3700 range.

Insane!!

:errrr: :o :-o

nfowife

Brilliant_Rock
I don't think the presence of arrows means it is a H&A. You need to see a hearts image. But it does indicate a well-cut stone. I have an AGS0 non H&A and I can see arrows in mine...and most of the well-cut non h&a stones on WF, for instance, show arrows but not hearts because the hearts are not perfect enough to call it a "H&A" stone.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It could be just a coincidence of a well cut round.

H&A was not some scientific goal.
Neither was it a mythical miracle of the cupid angel shooting an arrow of love into anyone's heart. :roll:

Hearts and arrows was an inadvertent result discovered in some well-cut rounds.
The whole cupid-fairy tale thing was a convenient coincidence exploited by diamond marketers because they know some people fall for sentimental syrupy marketing stuff.

fsrick

Rough_Rock
thank you guys for your information. was planning to get the wedding bands from Cartier during the MA tax free weekend. but too bad, they do not have the sizes for us.
Let me take my BGD h&a ering to there and compare next time, hehe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results