shape
carat
color
clarity

For Sale Cartier Love Bracelet Wht Gd 19 Replica

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah I see. As others have said, you have options. I would call your state AG office and ask them for advice. As others have said, if the band was shipped via USPS, you can also pursue mail fraud under 18 usc 1341, I believe.

I would personally send the seller a 93a letter and give her 30days to issue a refund. Should she fail to comply, I’d pursue in small claims and file criminal charges.
Thank you for the excellent advice!

Filed mail fraud with USPS this morning. I opened a fraud investigation with my bank (getting all my evidence together now) and will to wait to see if my they are able to do anything before I send the 93a letter. I will be filing criminal charges in the interim when I receive the final paperwork from Cartier.

I may not get my money back, but I'm not going to make it easy on her.

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the excellent advice!

Filed mail fraud with USPS this morning. I opened a fraud investigation with my bank (getting all my evidence together now) and will to wait to see if my they are able to do anything before I send the 93a letter. I will be filing criminal charges in the interim when I receive the final paperwork from Cartier.

I may not get my money back, but I'm not going to make it easy on her.

I would definitely send the letter. Don’t wait. It’s much better to concentrate on getting your money back and scaring her in the process. It might be difficult to prove that she was indeed aware that the item she was selling was a counterfeit in order to open a true criminal investigation, but I think that you have plenty of proof to win in small claims.

Last edited:

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi good news is that @Wewechew doesn’t need to prove whether the seller knew it was a counterfeit. She can still be held accountable for it.
I agree but it will be a lengthier process and much more time consuming, if she decides to pursue criminal charges vs 93a/small claims.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree but it will be a lengthier process and much more time consuming, if she decides to pursue criminal charges vs 93a/small claims.
Can't I do both? And see what sticks first?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't I do both? And see what sticks first?
My personal recommendation is to do the following:
1. Call your state AG office - explain your situation and see what they advice. Likely, they will tell that you can (1) file with the FBI at IC3 which you can do but it will be at the discretion of the FBI to investigate further (2) file in small claims, which is a pretty straight forward and usually can be done online. The filing fee in my state is $40

2. Send a 93a letter, I would tell her that should she fail to comply, you will be going forward with small claims and criminal investigation. I would explain that you have a strong evidence to support your case and should you take it there, she should lose.

3. If step 2 fails, proceed with small claims

In my view, the goal here is for you to get your money back. If she is a “normal” person, she wouldn’t want to be the subject of criminal investigation.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi Understood. Thank you so much for all your help with this. I just dropped the demand letter off at the post office.
Good for you. I'm glad you're moving forward with getting your money back. She sounds shady and there's just no excuse for her actions at this point. I would feel AWFUL if I unknowingly sold something fake, and would immediately offer to figure out a solution with the buyer. Her actions make me think she knew the entire time. Makes me :twisted::twisted:!!!!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@lovedogs I got back and forth on if she actually knew. However, her complete lack of responsibility has absolutely pissed me off. I even offered her a payment plan and she said no. So I'm done trying to be nice.
Yup, for sure be done with being nice. She obviously isn't doing the right thing, so she needs to face consequences.

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi I sent it registered mail... I read one website say to send it regular mail too in case they don’t go get their registered mail. Should I send a second copy?

SimoneDi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@SimoneDi I sent it registered mail... I read one website say to send it regular mail too in case they don’t go get their registered mail. Should I send a second copy?
What you sent should be fine. You can send a second copy but one way or another, she has 30days. You can also send with a signature required.

tfc_diamondlvr

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My personal recommendation is to do the following:
1. Call your state AG office - explain your situation and see what they advice. Likely, they will tell that you can (1) file with the FBI at IC3 which you can do but it will be at the discretion of the FBI to investigate further (2) file in small claims, which is a pretty straight forward and usually can be done online. The filing fee in my state is $40

2. Send a 93a letter, I would tell her that should she fail to comply, you will be going forward with small claims and criminal investigation. I would explain that you have a strong evidence to support your case and should you take it there, she should lose.

3. If step 2 fails, proceed with small claims

In my view, the goal here is for you to get your money back. If she is a “normal” person, she wouldn’t want to be the subject of criminal investigation.

@SimoneDi has amazing advice, as always!!!!! What an asset you are to the PS family! :kiss2: It's so amazing reading PSers trying to help each other. I love this forum! I hope @Wewechew gets the cash back in a timely fashion and the seller does not get away with their shady business!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an update! :dance:

Took advice from @SimoneDi and sent a 30 day demand letter via registered mail. USPS attempted to deliver the letter Sep. 23 and left a notice. On Wednesday, Sep 25, I sent a second demand letter via regular mail in case she never retrieved the first one. As of today, she still has not picked up the original letter from the post office. I thought the registered letter was supposed to be returned to me Oct. 8, if it had not been picked up, but as of right now it's still showing as waiting for her retrieval. To this day, I don't know if she ever received the letter I sent via regular mail.

This morning I received a notice from Chase that they are upholding my dispute and the temporary credit they applied to my account last month is permanent! Remember, I paid via PayPal F&F and not with a credit card, so it was a long shot if Chase would find it my favor. I haven't heard anything from PayPal, or the seller, so I can only hope that Chase is not eating this and is going to go after her for the money. Regardless, I have been made whole, which is all I could have asked for.

I can't post all the evidence showing the bracelet was a fake, because in order to tie everything together I would need to show the seller's real name. However, I am posting a screenshot of the original listing and anyone so inclined can go do their own research and find that the seller posted on one forum questioning the authenticity of the bracelet, and posted on PS how Cartier would not authenticate a piece she had :nono:

Thank you for everyone's help. You guys are the best :mrgreen:

I am leaving this thread open to replies for a day or two, and then closing it.

***I'm not sure if posting the screenshot is against the rules, my apologies if it is***

Attachments

• IMG_2550.PNG
    IMG_2550.PNG
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:
M

Marriedbuteloped

This is very interesting and informative! I am glad you are getting some results with this.

What will happen with the bracelet now? Does anyone (Chase, Cartier, the police) demand it for confiscation? And if not can you sell it now?

Keep us posted!

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What will happen with the bracelet now? Does anyone (Chase, Cartier, the police) demand it for confiscation? And if not can you sell it now?
The seller stated she had no interest in taking it back (although this was before Chase found in my favor).

I'm not sure what I am going to do with it. Now that I have my money back, I don't feel right selling it because I don't want someone to turn around and try to pass it off as authentic to another unsuspecting person. I've reached out to DK to see about modifying the bracelet so that it no longer replicates a Cartier Love Bracelet. Currently, it's sitting in a drawer.

I did have it tested and it came back as 14k, so I may sell it as scrap metal to a jeweler next time I have something made.

M

Marriedbuteloped

I appreciate your integrity and honesty with this. You are a very responsible person!

Silly question though: Why don't you wear it?! (no need to answer)

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I appreciate your integrity and honesty with this. You are a very responsible person!

Silly question though: Why don't you wear it?! (no need to answer)
Thank you :)

I may end up putting it back on. I've kept it off during this process because it made me mad to think about. And, if I'm being honest, the fact it's a replica gives me pause to put it back on. Hence asking DK about filling in the holes to wipe it free from being a replica.

M

Marriedbuteloped

:) I understand. It's probably tainted for you....

prinsad

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I’m so happy you got your money back!!!

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m glad you got your money back!

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I'm glad you got your money back! I was being nosy and tracked down the thread where she asked if it was authentic. I can't believe she bought it off of eBay and tried to pass it off as real when she wasn't 100% sure.

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
Late to th party, but I once bought a pair of fake Tom's on eBay (I have about 6 pairs of their glitter ones, in darn near every color!) ... contacted Ebay and they reversed the charge, with no requirement I send them back. Seller was insistent she bought them at Nordstrom and they didn't fit right.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results