shape
carat
color
clarity

(Cartier inspired) Cuprian Ring

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CADs from David Klass arrived yesterday. This is the second revision and is closer to what I hope the final result to look like. There are still 2 other things I'd like to tweak:

1. Curve the outer petals downwards a little, for a softer look
2. Rework the gallery. As pretty as the swirls are, I don't think it is a cohesive look for this design.

All input welcome. :wavey:

29695.jpg

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not great at cads but I wanted to stop in and say that this is going to make one gorgeous ring. :love:
I do think curving the petal edges down is a great idea and it will look just stunning that way!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree. Before reading your thoughts I looked at the cads and said, those petals need an angle and the gallery needs to connect to the floral motif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
May I make a suggestion please Chrono?

Rather than curve the petals down, it'd be a little more organic to either (a) curl them gently upwards or (b) have them so the edges curl up and down (a little wavy).

x

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD |1446643724|3945551 said:
May I make a suggestion please Chrono?

Rather than curve the petals down, it'd be a little more organic to either (a) curl them gently upwards or (b) have them so the edges curl up and down (a little wavy).

x

I don't like the idea of a gentle curve upwards because it might catch on things. For perspective, this ring is 16 mm across, which is why I upsized it to 6.25 to wear it on my middle finger. As it is, it will cover the entire middle finger with a bit of spillage on the sides. This will be a huge and garish cocktail ring. :bigsmile:

n4224500_0_cartier_0.png

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono I love the inspiration! I've never seen that Cartier ring before and I love it immediately as I have a very soft spot for orchids.

Yet another ring for me to drool over :)

So happy that you are getting closer to getting perfect CADS, and I agree with your thoughts on the current version. I can't wait to follow along! :appl:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looking good!
Agree on the slight tilt.
Do you have a CAD pic that shows the undergallery better?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are the colored melee going to be concentrated at the tips of the trillion, faiding out to diamond melee?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Acinom,
What you see is all I received, so no, I do not have a better picture of the under-gallery.

Niel,
It will not be quite so fancy. :bigsmile: The inner most will be a light pink colour, the outer 2 will be paraiba blue/green. It is too difficult for me to find melees of various colours to get the fading effect just right.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1446652676|3945601 said:
Acinom,
What you see is all I received, so no, I do not have a better picture of the under-gallery.

Niel,
It will not be quite so fancy. :bigsmile: The inner most will be a light pink colour, the outer 2 will be paraiba blue/green. It is too difficult for me to find melees of various colours to get the fading effect just right.

So there will be no white pave in this ring?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correct, no white.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
I love it. It's going to be stunning.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it seems to be moving along pretty quickly. How exciting!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Love the duo toned melee idea, gorgeous design. :appl:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Looking good, Chrono. I agree with curving the "petals" downward a bit. Now we both know I'm not good at reading CADs :wall: , so I won't comment much on it. But, what are you thinking for the gallery? I know you like a very open gallery, so what if you had a donut in the shape of the tourmaline- so basically a curved triangle, and then had three open "leaves" that would come up and attach at the three points of the petals?

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Loving this ring; your choices are stunning. Love the all-paraiba melee and downward swoops.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see the finished ring.

DK :))

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your comments and ideas. This is what I will present to DK.

_35163.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is it just me, but is the stone sitting a bit too low in the mount?

Also, I do agree with everyone else that there should be more of a 3D curve to the "leaves" as they're too linear right now.

They should curve down a bit.

I like something like this, although obviously the stone shape is different, and the leaves. I would halo the cuprian in the pink stones, and then let the leaves fall underneath the stone and then curve down and outwards. So in other words, let the stone sit in a pink haloed basket above the leaves.

04e734211f434bb6fe84c5d5f2ba99b1_1_.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL,
Do you see how large that flower is above the shank? It is spilling all over the place with at least SEVEN rows of pave. I cannot wear this sort of ring without getting robbed as soon as I leave the house. :lol: I prefer it low set to protect the tourmaline. Also because I only have 3 rows of pave, I cannot do much of a wave. It is either up or down, not up and down, unless I go with many more rows of pave, which has sufficient room to do a proper curve.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1446744551|3946046 said:
TL,
Do you see how large that flower is above the shank? It is spilling all over the place with at least SEVEN rows of pave. I cannot wear this sort of ring without getting robbed as soon as I leave the house. :lol: I prefer it low set to protect the tourmaline. Also because I only have 3 rows of pave, I cannot do much of a wave. It is either up or down, not up and down, unless I go with many more rows of pave, which has sufficient room to do a proper curve.

I see, you could add another layer of diamond leaves underneath the "cuprian" leaves, and that could add more dimension. :naughty:

Well, you know how I am. ;))

a5c21b8a90427b459013cd6ba844f721_1_.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have nothing to add other than I can't wait to see the finished product. I am so jealous of these great PS cuprian projects and looks like another killer is on its way!

_lovesvintage_

Brilliant_Rock
Somehow I missed this thread until now. Anyway, I agree with the curving downward of the petal tips and the new gallery pic that you will send DK. Very exciting!!! Can you not still use the current color scheme of melees and still kind of do the fade effect? I am picturing more use of the pink melee to gradually thin out to the paraiba melees on the outer edge, like a curved leaf...wider closer to the cuprian and come to a point at outer edge, but the outer edge is still all paraibas all the way around. So use either 5 or 7 pink melees in the second row, whichever looks best in your mind. Or is that too much pink melees for you? I hope you are understanding what I am getting at.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can't wait to see pics of your new ring, Chrono!

Knowing you I'm sure it will be stunning!

Sphene

Brilliant_Rock
A tiny bit of curve would be nice and not liking the row of pink stones but agree keeping it low is a good idea if your safety is at stake - and though lovely to have opinions end of day its your ring

Cannot wait to see finished ring everyones always surpasses any expectations I have and am always stunned how the pictures never do the finished item justice.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish somehow the melee was more organic, like, the pink would get concentrated ever so slightly at the tips, so it wasn't just one single row of pink pave all around

If you notice all the flower rings posted have the pave a bit more organic and scattered rather than a neat line

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will ask David what he can do with the pink melees because those are the only ones we will have flexibility in terms of colouration. I'm definitely warming up to the idea of colour graduation!

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1447074582|3947252 said:
I will ask David what he can do with the pink melees because those are the only ones we will have flexibility in terms of colouration. I'm definitely warming up to the idea of colour graduation!

Chrono, your ring is going to be in rose gold, isn't it? You may be able to use some colorless diamond melee as part of the graduation as I think they tend to take on a pale pink cast in rose gold.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
pinkjewel|1447078070|3947259 said:
Chrono, your ring is going to be in rose gold, isn't it? You may be able to use some colorless diamond melee as part of the graduation as I think they tend to take on a pale pink cast in rose gold.

Great idea....but why is my budget getting bigger and bigger? :lol:

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Chrono|1447078617|3947263 said:
pinkjewel|1447078070|3947259 said:

Great idea....but why is my budget getting bigger and bigger? :lol:

LOL- don't they always! At least I didn't suggest light pink diamonds :naughty:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results