shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier Declaration

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
Hello all!

I am on pins and needles waiting for detailed information from Cartier regarding their ''Declaration'' setting.

I already know because of the name, the price will be insanely high. Naturally, I would LOVE to have a Cartier ring but I live in the real world where I will not own anything Cartier for many years and I am okay with that.

I have searched high and low for years for a setting that called out to me and ''Declaration'' is hands down, the one.

Would you please recommend a Pricescope vendor who might be able to produce/design a piece very similar to the Declaration setting? Or, if such a thing is faux pas...would you please be able to give me a breakdown on the setting...basket, shank, etc. I''m not good at the definitions or descriptions.

I appreciate any help.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi SCM!

My original engagement ring, which I got in August, was the Declaration d''Amour setting from Cartier. I loved it aesthetically - the clean lines are gorgeous and I loved how the sides of the diamond were so clearly visible. Due to problems with my particular setting, however, my stone became loose in the setting after 6 weeks of wear. I''m not saying this is a design problem at all, because I don''t think it is - I think it was a setting problem due to them sizing the ring up some more sizes than than they should have done which made the setting more vulnerable as the precise tension was lost. But once the diamond became "wiggle-able" I started feeling the diamond itself was more vulnerable because it''s so exposed in that setting. It sits quite low to the finger, and like you know, the sides of the diamond are exposed with the crown kind of just floating on the top. I didn''t feel the diamond was as protected as I ultimately found myself wanting.

I have the 1895 pave setting now, which has extra support for the diamond.

You should search for "Declaration" on the site and you''ll be able to pull up photos of my original ring. I loved loved loved it -- but it ultimately wasn''t the one for me, practically speaking. Gorgeous aesthetically, but not practical for me.

I guess for all these reasons I would think you should stick with Cartier due to the intricacy of the setting and how delicately the diamond must be set - it is their new setting and I''d just rely on them to do it. The other caution is do NOT resize more than 1.5 sizes up -- some sales associates will tell you not to, and some will tell you it''s not a problem, but sizing up 2 sizes in my case just didn''t work in the long run.

I''m sorry if this was a novel, but I hope you find it helpful!

scm1012

Shiny_Rock
Krissy-

I appreciate everything you shared!!!!

So when you say your declaration was "sized up" do you mean sized to fit your finger or sized to fit a different size stone??

I use my hands a lot plus I am a bit clumsy at times so I will absolutely need something substantial that will not start to wiggle so soon! Actually...I hope it NEVER wiggles!

I am so in love with the Declaration because I have never seen any other ring/setting where there isn''t something about it I would change.

Krissie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/31/2007 4:41:32 PM
Author: scm1012
Krissy-

I appreciate everything you shared!!!!

So when you say your declaration was ''sized up'' do you mean sized to fit your finger or sized to fit a different size stone??

I use my hands a lot plus I am a bit clumsy at times so I will absolutely need something substantial that will not start to wiggle so soon! Actually...I hope it NEVER wiggles!

I am so in love with the Declaration because I have never seen any other ring/setting where there isn''t something about it I would change.

It was sized up to fit my finger. All of Cartier''s rings come pre-mounted, and the one I fell in love with was too small for my finger! Now, they can custom make a setting for you, but that will cost extra. Their standard size tends to be around a 6, but they have databases where they can look for that particular setting in your particular finger size (or an acceptable range) and then price it out for you. They''ll have rings brought in from their other stores, too.

Have you tried it on? Definitely see how it feels - you may fall even more in love or realize it''s not for you. It''s definitely a gorgeous style, no doubt!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results