shape
carat
color
clarity

Cartier 1922 pictures (request)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jdoe287

Rough_Rock
Hi all,
I''ve been a long time lurker and am finally getting ready to purchase and was hoping for a little help. I''m going to be buying a 2ct Asscher, and would like to get a replica Cartier 1922 setting made for it. However, I can''t seem to find any good photos of an actual authentic Cartier ring to give to the jeweler to have made. I''ve seen photos of a few replicas, however they all seem quite different! The one pictures I''ve seen here (the 5ct stone) doesn''t give me enough angles to show the jeweler what it looks like from the side, etc. Is there any way to know what the _real_ Cartier setting looks like (I didn''t see it on their website).

Thanks for all of your help!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi jdoe,

honestly, that one of the 5 carat is the only one I''ve seen on here. Have you checked out Leon Mege''s site. he''s done of few rings that are similar to the cartier and might have something you like better. Also, you might check out Daniel K rings. He does increbile pave pieces and might have some pics you could use to combine to create a ring you''d love.

tangoecho

Rough_Rock
I was going to suggest the Betterthandiamond setting as a possiblility also!
19.gif

cartier side.jpg

jdoe287

Rough_Rock
I''ve looked at the Betterthandiamond site, but how do I know if this is the "true" Cartier syle? I''ve seen other sites claiming to be "Cartier 1922" with very different looking mountings. Is there anyplace online or here in NYC where I can find an antique ring to check out?

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
Hi jdoe287 and welcome to Pricescope!
35.gif

I just bought an asscher and started a thread for setting opinions. Some folks suggested the Cartier 1922 setting and sent a bunch of links. I found the same thing as you seem to be finding - there are different interpretations of this setting.

Anyway here is the THREAD. Page 2 references the Cartier 1922, but there are other designs on the other pages that you may want to consider.

Good luck!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
the betterthandiamond one is closer than some but the real deal is more squared off in the shank and prongs.
It was not cast but hand made from wire.
Where the btd piece is cast and more modern rounded style.
One made the original way would cost more but be stronger.
pearlmans has a designer that still does things the old way and could come up with a true copy.
http://www.pearlmansjewelers.com/

tangoecho

Rough_Rock
Yes, it appears that Betterthandiamond says they have copied the original head style but have set the stone lower to make it easier to wear and a more modern appearance.

Even so, I like the look of the ring better than some of the other repros posted in this thread. I think I prefer the way they set the side diamonds.

Good luck with your search. I hope you can find an actual picture and a designer to bring it to life.
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results