shape
carat
color
clarity

Cart before the Horse Purchase

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
I’ve written an extensive thread about my quest for my anniversary upgrade to an ACA 2 carat in a Vatche U113 that should happen in March of next year. Since it will be in platinum I am going to purchase as well from WF the Danielle Jazz band with sapphires. My other rings are white gold with the exception of my 15-16 point platinum eternity band. So even though I haven’t got my solitaire yet, I came across this little band from a Canadian site (I am Canadian) for about $500. It’s a size 6 and I wear 5-6 and it’s platinum with diamonds. Is this a good deal? Does it look dated or would it make a great stacker with the bezel set ring? .21 ctw, H/I, VS2/SI1 2.2 mm width. It has a 30 day return policy.

Attachments

• 478CCF0C-5970-44AB-8B06-5484828C0F7D.png
    478CCF0C-5970-44AB-8B06-5484828C0F7D.png
    926.5 KB · Views: 23
  • FFAC86BD-AB34-40C9-89D1-14722C6459F2.jpeg
    FFAC86BD-AB34-40C9-89D1-14722C6459F2.jpeg
    197.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 231C3FA5-306F-471A-B9E3-5E23822F839D.jpeg
    231C3FA5-306F-471A-B9E3-5E23822F839D.jpeg
    69.8 KB · Views: 16
  • AA19160F-CBB0-4308-A2F2-F96D623B9C6C.jpeg
    AA19160F-CBB0-4308-A2F2-F96D623B9C6C.jpeg
    76.5 KB · Views: 16

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
These are two white gold pave bands I have, I was thinking I may be able to stack them from time to time with the platinum rings since so little metal seems to show so would buying the above ring be overkill? 80E536C9-DA37-4815-9ECB-2E79208FFE37.jpeg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You said in the other thread that you’re saving for the upgrade. In my view (sorry if I sound like your mummy!) you already have bands to spare and I’d put the cash towards the bigger purchase.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
its a very pretty band. I don't feel it looks dated

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love that style of band. Any LT you know if you need or want it! I think classic, not dated. Plus I have a similar one in 18kt and wear it all the time so I’m biased. I also have one similar to the others you posted and wear them with different things as one seems more classic and one more modern.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's a good deal. It doesn't look dated and I think it would look great with your other rings. Personally, that is my favorite style of wedding band. It works with everything. But @Snowdrop13 makes a good point about saving for your upgrade. If it's within your budget, I think it's a lovely ring. Disclaimer: I have ten wedding bands, so I am probably biased on this point.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
You said in the other thread that you’re saving for the upgrade. In my view (sorry if I sound like your mummy!) you already have bands to spare and I’d put the cash towards the bigger purchase.

That is how I’m feeling but don’t want to miss out on a good deal. I’ve been trying out my bands with a faux solitaire but my concern has been the platinum/white gold combo. So many people keep saying not to wear them together.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you’ve decided what to do, and done it or not, would you mind sharing the website with this fellow Canadian? :)

There are always deals to be had... how close are you to having enough saved for your diamond?

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That is how I’m feeling but don’t want to miss out on a good deal. I’ve been trying out my bands with a faux solitaire but my concern has been the platinum/white gold combo. So many people keep saying not to wear them together.

I wear white gold and platinum together but I mix up what I wear so they don’t rub together 24/7 for years and years. I’m also not the expert that many people on PS are!

I also have several wedding bands so I’m not a good one to say don’t keep it.;-)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s hard to tell the quality of the diamonds from looking at this pics. They don’t seem lively or clean. But if they Are indeed as advertised, it’s a good deal for a classic band.

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a problem with mixing white gold with platinum or just an asthetic thing?
If it is only a look, then I think I would just stick with your white gold one.
If it's a problem like the metals might react or something, then keep the platinum so your future ring doesn't get ruined

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a problem with mixing white gold with platinum or just an asthetic thing?
If it is only a look, then I think I would just stick with your white gold one.
If it's a problem like the metals might react or something, then keep the platinum so your future ring doesn't get ruined

I believe the concern is that one metal with scratch the other due to the differing densities of platinum and white gold; however, it's hard to say for certain because white gold will have differing amounts of alloys for the different karat values, which impacts its durability to a small degree. There is also a concern that the two white metals will look dissimilar after the platinum has acquired a patina and the white gold has lost its rhodium plating. All this notwithstanding, I've worn white gold and platinum together for decades without any issues.

Here's an article I found online that provides a better explanation: https://www.jogiadiamonds.com.au/bl...it may be true,are most commonly 95% platinum.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
When you’ve decided what to do, and done it or not, would you mind sharing the website with this fellow Canadian? :)

There are always deals to be had... how close are you to having enough saved for your diamond?

I’m about 2/3 my budget saved and although I am setting aside a bit each month the rest will be from our tax return next year (thank you RSPs and that my husband’s work can’t seem to update his tax exemption). So this won’t be a stretch I’m just being cheap. I’ve bought next to nothing since this whole pandemic started, saved so much with not going on the vacations that we’d booked and gotten into a real austerity mindset despite not even having to touch our emergency fund from work loss. DH is busier than ever for this time of year (he’s busiest is during he colder months) at work (he’s on commission/piece work). I think my hesitation is that I want to make to continue making wiser more long term decisions. Things I love and will wear but also add flexibility.

Ideally I’d love to have lots of different bands and metals and even coloured gemstones. Hopefully it will keep DSS at bay with my solitaire. It’s actually starting to feel like it will happen.

And yes I’ll share the website soon. There are some nice things on it.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I say go for it then! I don’t really see any reason not to haha #enabler

But I can totally relate to wanting to make smart and careful purchases.

For me, I don’t like to pair platinum and white gold (even though I think it’s fine and looks fine). It’s a mind clean thing.

Something interesting is that my stainless steel bands visually match my platinum pretty well! I’ll see if I can take a pic later.

mommylawyer

Brilliant_Rock
I've gotten more return on my investment from my wedding bands than anything else. I wear them daily (alone or stacked). I have the opposite of DSS. These days, I feel like less is more.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everyone for your input. I ordered it today and will hopefully get some nice shots of it in the future. They also had a gorgeous Art Deco French cut band I’d have loved to get but it was a bit out of range for me at this time, even in Canadian dollars. @pearaffair the website is 100ways.com. It’s in Vancouver.

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you everyone for your input. I ordered it today and will hopefully get some nice shots of it in the future. They also had a gorgeous Art Deco French cut band I’d have loved to get but it was a bit out of range for me at this time, even in Canadian dollars. @pearaffair the website is 100ways.com. It’s in Vancouver.

Can’t believe I haven’t heard of them! Thanks for the tip! You’ll love your new band :)

pearaffair

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hey wow, thanks again- what a cool selection they have! And I love that it’s a Canadian seller! Maybe we should start a thread of them. Have you heard of this one?

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
Hey wow, thanks again- what a cool selection they have! And I love that it’s a Canadian seller! Maybe we should start a thread of them. Have you heard of this one?

I haven’t but I’ll definitely check them out.

stonehunter20

Shiny_Rock
those bands are nice! i like mixing metals! i won't sweat over it.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
If by “dated,” you mean “Edwardian, then....” :) I think it’s a pretty band they will always be a classic! Tiffany’s Legacy bands are similar (with miligraining). I have to admit that I’m partial to the look! ;-)

This is my wedding stack that I wear every day. 1 carat oval, size 7.5 ring. It’s not the WF jazz band, but it’s something similar with alternating sapphires and diamonds... just to give you an idea of them stacked together!
1404D045-81CE-4458-BC17-3A6854BBC416.jpeg

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
If by “dated,” you mean “Edwardian, then....” :) I think it’s a pretty band they will always be a classic! Tiffany’s Legacy bands are similar (with miligraining). I have to admit that I’m partial to the look! ;-)

This is my wedding stack that I wear every day. 1 carat oval, size 7.5 ring. It’s not the WF jazz band, but it’s something similar with alternating sapphires and diamonds... just to give you an idea of them stacked together!
1404D045-81CE-4458-BC17-3A6854BBC416.jpeg

It’s gorgeous, I love the combination so much.

Girlfriday17

Shiny_Rock
So, I got the ring yesterday and I think its quite lovely and has good sparkle. I took a quick video, hope this link works as it’s my first YouTube video. My DH said to get it since our wedding anniversary (21 years) is this Friday. @KristinTech you are right it’s such a classic. My initial reaction to the online pictures was that it was just a channel band and didn’t have the beading. Although I love a miligrain detail, I think this ring like yours will compliment a bezel ring too.

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Girlfriday17 it’s lovely! I’m glad you’re keeping it.

FWIW I have a white gold band that is very similar and it’s one of my go to bands. I hope you get a lot of wear out of yours!

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So, I got the ring yesterday and I think its quite lovely and has good sparkle. I took a quick video, hope this link works as it’s my first YouTube video. My DH said to get it since our wedding anniversary (21 years) is this Friday. @KristinTech you are right it’s such a classic. My initial reaction to the online pictures was that it was just a channel band and didn’t have the beading. Although I love a miligrain detail, I think this ring like yours will compliment a bezel ring too.

Ooooh! Love those sparkles! I think you will love it for stacking. Happy anniversary! I can’t wait to see how the stack ends up! :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results