shape
carat
color
clarity

Carolina Hererra Shirtdress Gown??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

treysar

Brilliant_Rock
My best friendfrom HS works at Carolina Herrera!! :)

I''m SO NOT STYLIN (ie, I shop at Kohls.. lol) so I didn''t think anyone knew who Carolina Herrera was!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey guys!

Thanks for all the support on the shirtdress idea!! Had no idea it would be a "hit"!! Still haven''t been able to email my designer pal the pix so no updates really ...

Just wanted to to say THANKS!!!!

And EBREE, you might be right about the whole dress in gingham maybe being "too much" or at least needing to see it mocked up before committing. I was thinking if the pattern was pretty small it might work at a distance ... OR ... since then I''ve pondered how the "non-handmade" dress would look if the shirt part was WHITE and the skirt was a longer version and in the black & white gingham.

I don''t wanna veer into "hokey" territory - but "kitchy" is okay, as long as it still looks semi-elegant. I was thinking of the time Sharon Stone wore a white men''s shirt w/pearls and a taffeta ballgown skirt to the Oscars ... that kind of thing ...??

Hope to have an update soon (THANKS JCROW for the Mac tip -- I''m gonna try it out asap!!)

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
San Diego Bride & Deco, you''re welcome!

if you do shift/command/3 it takes a complete picture of your entire desktop scene. i usually use
shift/command/4, but wanted to share the other option as well.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
i saw this knot bio and it has a similar dress to the one you posted.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
and i saw this Alvina Valenta dress too.

Alvina Valenta dress.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deco! I''m still rooting for a style similar to the Carolina Herrara you first posted...with 3/4 length sleeves, cuffs turned back, and a dropped waist. At 5''9 1/2", I know you will be able to carry off any length dress, but for a barn wedding I am of the mind to say you could do a tea-length or full-length gown no problem. I do like some of the previous pics posted of gowns with lots of pleating around the bust; however, I feel those are more appropriate for those with smaller bustlines. Not knowing your "measurements" at all, but getting a feeling here, I bet that you would look fabulous in a gown with less pleating/texture around the bust or at the least more of an "off-the-shoulder" neckline, and dropped waist with a fuller skirt. Please just virtually smack me if I''m wrong, lol! Also without knowing you, I don''t think full out gingham would be best for you...you don''t remind me of a teenage Dorothy whatsoever...but possibly a gingham silk shantung lining??? Hmmm. Off to search for your ruby slippers, lol! (I cannot WAIT to see the final product--I will be checking back on this thread most frequently!!! I know, I''m a crazy dress whore!
9.gif
)

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Well put, monarch. I agree 100% and LOVE the idea of a gingham lining! That would be so fun without compromising the elegance of the dress!

Deco, your wedding is going to be so wonderful & unique! I wish I could be there...

ocbride2007

Shiny_Rock
I was on the watters website, and they have some bridesmaid dresses that may give you some ideas to work with:

This one has the coat over it... that in tea-length with a gigham dress underneath would look amazing!!
4950.jpg

there''s this one as well:

6325.jpg

And I like the length on this one as well, it looks vintage and fun
6455_1.jpg

There''s several other shirt top styles on the watters site under bridesmaids... http://www.watters.com/catalog_list.php?coll=watters I think you''ve got lots of great ideas to design a cute, unique dress!!! I can''t wait til you decide on a final design and post a sketch!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/19/2006 1:46:54 AM
Author: ocbride2007
There''s several other shirt top styles on the watters site under bridesmaids... http://www.watters.com/catalog_list.php?coll=watters I think you''ve got lots of great ideas to design a cute, unique dress!!! I can''t wait til you decide on a final design and post a sketch!
THANKS Ocbride! I really like those! Must check out the Watters site too!

Also ... JCROW, loved the vintage 50''s dress pattern gal''s bio -- her mom did a phenomenal job on that dress.

Look what my friend found ... she gave me a tearsheet from a mag but I found the pix online too .... *weeping* I love it so much ... imagine the Carolina dress shape made from this fabric.
30.gif
A gal can dream, right?? At least here on Pricescope we can!
3.gif

korseyeletdress.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 11:36:49 AM
Author: BrightSpot
Deco, your wedding is going to be so wonderful & unique! I wish I could be there...
Aw Brightspot! That''s so sweet of you to say! We''d find room for you and Mrssalvo (w/her date MR. TAYLOR HICKS!!) Ya don''t play an instrument do ya?
3.gif
Two birds, one stone ...
3.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/18/2006 1:00:43 AM
Author: monarch64
I don''t think full out gingham would be best for you...you don''t remind me of a teenage Dorothy whatsoever...but possibly a gingham silk shantung lining??? Hmmm. Off to search for your ruby slippers, lol!
I''ll have you know, young lady, that if BLUEROSES wasn''t already bringing down houses across this great land AS Dorothy ... I''m SURE I would have landed that gig!
3.gif
After all, I DO have a tiny dog, and sometimes pig-tails. Also, I''m stalked by a terribly wicked, lemon-pie pimpin'' witch!
23.gif
She does have nice bling though!
9.gif

cara

Ideal_Rock
Laura Bush wore the Herrara shirtdress in red to one of the 05 inauguration balls. Should be fabulous for country barn style wedding in some other color. I think all gingham check might be too much, but the idea of checked skirt and solid white top sounds better! Here are some pics of the inauguration dress if it helps:

Bush4.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
2nd pic:

Bushfam1.jpg

cara

Ideal_Rock
Last one:

Bush3.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/21/2006 3:22:16 AM
Author: decodelighted

Date: 5/18/2006 11:36:49 AM
Author: BrightSpot
Aw Brightspot! That''s so sweet of you to say! We''d find room for you and Mrssalvo (w/her date MR. TAYLOR HICKS!!) Ya don''t play an instrument do ya?
3.gif
Two birds, one stone ...
3.gif
No, but I do sing. Mostly opera & musical theatre & some jazz, but I have been known to do a Patsy Cline number or 2 when the occasion calls for country music. I sure would like to meet Mr. Hicks (and you & mrssalvo, of course!)
3.gif

I was thinking of you over the weekend. I saw a pretty white shirtdress in the window of a local boutique. I really love this idea for you...I hope it''ll work out.
1.gif

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
oooh how did i miss this thread?!

I like the CH best after looking at all the pics... but the BM ones are cute too.

I''m not a fan on the gingham, I think it''ll be too much. maybe for the lining it would be perfect, like someone suggested - I think the eyelet fabric will be perfect!!

good luck with figuring out the details! can''t wait to see this project come alive...
1.gif

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
Deco, I just saw this new dress by J.Crew and thought of you! I the link doesn''t work, go to Brides.com, Fashion, Fall 2006 section and look for J.Crew -- there are more views (it isn''t on their website yet) Not quite as elegant as the Carolina Herrera, but I kind of like the eyelet!

jcrew shirtdress.JPG

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Just saw this on People and thought of you! Whatcha think???

deco_eyeletshirtdress.JPG

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's so awesome Albie! I found it online... here for $515! Bargain! Yet, my size: not available.

Great find! I'll keep the pix as inspiration ... who knew I was channeling Halle Barry & random LA stylist chick??`

ETA: GIRL YOU'RE FAST!!!! Love it! THANKS!

SoonIHope

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/29/2006 4:51:56 PM
Author: decodelighted
Great find! I''ll keep the pix as inspiration ... who knew I was channeling Halle Barry & random LA stylist chick??`
Hehe, yeah, I was trying to decide which picture I should post and then I was like what the hell, let''s let her see BOTH pictures! And then I figured I''d leave the part that names the designer, and then I was like hmm now everyone''s going to know I''ve been voting on "who wears it better"
14.gif
hehe, but I did it all for you!
9.gif

And it seems like they maaaake your size, they''re just sold out of them, so I bet you could track one down if you reeeeally wanted!
3.gif

But I''m getting sooo excited about your wedding!!! Can''t wait to see pictures of your barn & dress when the day comes!!!
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results