shape
carat
color
clarity

Career Related Question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/20/2009 11:28:06 AM
Author: elrohwen

Date: 3/20/2009 11:20:30 AM
Author: MC
I was kind of afraid to ask you thinking you were going to say, ''yes!'' lol
Hahaha. Maybe genetic engineering will be my next career
9.gif

Haha that''s what I studied in school! More power to you for your chem e degree. I was one of those weird people that liked o chem more than gen chem... I know I could have never been a chem major!

somegirl932

Shiny_Rock
I think I''m lucky. I started college as a bioengineer because I really loved genetics in high school. I was also doing a computer science minor, and was part of a computer science organization because of that. Luckily, my sophomore year, one of the heads of the group realized that I was really good at planning and organizing, and got me involved in the running of a large conference.

That was probably the defining experience of my time at college, but I didn''t quite realize why yet. After the conference my junior year, I added computer science as a second major, because I loved doing conference stuff, and it was a computer science conference, so I figured I loved computer science. Having two majors in engineering just made me more miserable, but it did let me get an internship, which everyone recommended I do in project management.

That internship made me realize that I loved the conference for the planning, and scheduling, designing, and big picture work I was doing, not because it was a CS conference, though I do really love technology. I can''t imagine doing anything else, thought I''ll probably be fine tuning which field I want to do project management in for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results