shape
carat
color
clarity

care to share ur views on this diamond? :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

prelude4

Rough_Rock
hi peeps!

1st of all, thks for even coming in to view this..its my turn to ask for some help on this diamond i may decide to purchase.
i apologise for the lack of info cos'' all the specs that the boutique sales cum general manager cum gia-gemologist lady(thats what stated on her lovely namecard) listed out for me is this-->

GIA report
shape= round
carat= 0.54ct
clour= E
clarity= vs1
Depth= 61.5
Table= 57
fluoresence= faint
cut= excellence
polish= excellence
symetry= very good
mm= 5.22x5.26x3.22
girdle= thin - slightly thick
Laser= Hearts & arrows

based on my limited professional knowledge that i acquired from PS..i managed to pick out this little gem from
the sea of over 50 diamonds that she listed out for me. I realise that the cycle of helpless noobs(like me) asking the same questions n getting
replies from good samaritians is endless..so i seek ur tolerance on this..
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you have the crown and pavillion angles? If it is a newer GIA report, they should be listed. We need those to help you! It looks promising from the info given and if you have seen it and picked it out, that is the main thing! You probably know you can drop the colour and clarity both and still have a white and clean diamond, but this is a personal preference.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi prelude,

It certainly has potential from what you have listed. Unfortunately, without the crown and pavillion angles, we can''t say much more.

Could you call and get those from her, they should be on the grading report.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
11.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
face20.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2007 9:21:11 AM
Author: Lorelei
face20.gif
LOL

Will the day EVER come when that doesn''t crack me up??!
9.gif

prelude, sorry. Miss Fast Fingers here just beats me all the time at posting.
2.gif

prelude4

Rough_Rock
wah..2 replies in less than 2 minutes..thats faster than i can say "You Rock, gals!"
36.gif
36.gif

well,mayb i try to give her a call n ask bout'' additional info. keep u posted.

thks..

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/19/2007 9:30:28 AM
Author: prelude4
wah..2 replies in less than 2 minutes..thats faster than i can say ''You Rock, gals!''
36.gif
36.gif

well,mayb i try to give her a call n ask bout'' additional info. keep u posted.

thks..
We aim to please!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/19/2007 9:31:28 AM
Author: Lorelei

We aim to please!
9.gif
That we do.
5.gif

Let us know what you find out!

dude227

Rough_Rock
I don''t know what Laser: Hearts and Arrows means, but I had a general question maybe someone can answer. Doesn''t a hearts and arrows diamond have to have excellent symmetry by default, i.e., can a hearts and arrows diamond have a very good symmetry rating and still really have the familiar pattern show up?

Yea, that was one of my first questions--anybody can have Hearts and Arrows engraved. Doesn't mean it is though.

Second, we cant really judge the value of the purchase without a price!
25.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
You might want to post a price to see if you are paying a comparable price to trusted online vendors. So far the numbers look fine, but I can''t say for sure without crown/pavillion angles.

prelude4

Rough_Rock
Hi peeps, tried to edit my 1st post but unable to.i don't think its good that i start a new thread so i post as a reply to this.. went down to the boutique today and the cute saleslady gladly printed out a copy of the GIA cert for me.
So i guess everything i need to know should be as clear as "IF" to me...only thing is that i still need to interpret the
proportion..

here's the additional info-->

Crown angle= 35 Degree
pavillion angle= 40.6 Degree
Crown depth= 15%
pavillion depth= 42.5%

today i learn a new thing which is the clarity characteristic which the cert put as Cloudy.
Dunno should it be a concern?

I thought of revealing the price initially but hesitated because i don't know if its wrong that way.
The cost of the ring plus setting and including 5 loose diamonds a side(totalling 0.1ct) is SGD $3480 + $200
this might help
21.gif
--> http://www.gocurrency.com/

tumbelina

Rough_Rock
Those numbers give you an ex-ex-ex-vg with a HCA of 0.9 which is from all accounts a great score!
The price seems pretty good too, although I don't think you mentioned what kind of metal you were looking at and whether you werer going handmade or cast setting?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The numbers look good - the clarity characteristic would be a cloud which is an inclusion. In a VS1 it should be fine also.

prelude4

Rough_Rock
well, i did input to HCA myself..it does serves as a good generic guideline.
thks for highlighting about the ring metal..i nvr tot bout that..
now that i got deeper, more elements seem to surface..

but im realistic..i understand that with a reasonable price i cant expect much..but
does handmade and cast setting really make much difference?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results