shape
carat
color
clarity

Care to help me choose a new watch?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/25/2009 1:14:48 PM
Author: AGBF
'Blu-I've seen that watch before (when I was looking at Chopard Happy Diamond jewelry), but I have to say that it still amazes me. Maybe because I really, underneath, still like some of those Happy Diamond pieces. Maybe because you have exquisite taste. Whatever the reason, I covet it. I covet a lot of your jewelry. You have fabulous jewelry!!! Now when is the 7 carat diamond going to be cut? You have a few diamonds in the 4-15 carat range already, don't you? At least two?
AGBF
34.gif

Awww, thanks AGBF.

The 7+ carat 8* DH wants to have cut? Dunno. Given the direction in which this country is going, we are focusing on generating cash [and more passive income] and converting that to assets [which will generate more passive income or will be put into a store of value].

Also, we have a disagreement as to color/clarity [DH wants the "top" - D,E,F/IF or VVS1 and I would like to consider,possibly, lower colors in the VS range - what can I say, I'm cheap!
11.gif
9.gif
LOL!]

And then, of course, there is the shape debate [I love EC or cushion]. . . I am sure we will wind up with 2 additional stones - sometime in this lifetime! LOL!

Actually, I have 2 stones in the 6 - 7 carat range and some under 4 carats. I never did get any of those stones I saw in NYC back in 2008.

Apologies to Phoenix for the threadjack!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/24/2009 9:44:47 AM
Author: Sharon101

Date: 8/24/2009 8:44:50 AM
Author: simplysplendid
Phoenix, I was also looking for a watch for day to day use, nothing flashy but modern looking and today, I decided on the Cartier Roadster. I will be getting it soon.
No way!!!!
36.gif
I was just going to say that this is my watch! I love it so much. First, it is so simple in design, so comfortable on the wrist, so easy to dress up or down! Plus, you can change out the bands to get a whole different look.

I have to say that I don`t regret buying this watch for a second (even though I couldnt get it wholesale).
10.gif
. It feels really understated and is not too show-offy because most people don`t know what it is.
Hello, I just got my roadster today! I got the small size in mother of pearl. It comes with a purple alligator strap plus the stainless steel strap. It''s my first luxury watch really, I am not a watch person. I love jewelry and I am willing to spend on jewelry but for some reason, I have never felt the same way about watches. I have been using a tag heuer for about 10 years so I thought of getting a new watch and the final few contenders was a Chophard, Rolex and Cartier and I chose the Cartier Roadster.

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
SS, you have to start a thread to share this watch with us
1.gif
. The roadster is such a cool watch but unemployment means, no more watches for me...

I''m a fan of classic watches, and so with a Rolex, a great compliment would be Cartier. Tank watches are great because you can change the band color and get a new look pretty easily. The Santos is very sporty, the Pasha is big and bold, ultimately Cartier makes fine quality watches. Part of the reason your Rolex lasted 14 years is because of the quality of workmanship. The Omega Constellation is beautiful and a good value for the money, but if your friend already has one, I would one up her with a Cartier. I also have a Bulgari that I like a lot as well as a Chopard. They are men''s watches of course, but the brands make superb ladies watches and keep excellent time. The Chopard photograph that was posted is sublime for angular taste--mine has a round face but my Cartier Santos is square with curved corners, very classic and in all stainless, an excellent value as well.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/24/2009 12:50:02 PM
Author: Lorelei
What about a Cartier Ballon Bleu? Elegant, unusual and chunky!
I LOVE that too, Lorelei. I should go to Cartier this weekend and try that one on.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2009 5:35:48 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu

Date: 8/25/2009 1:14:48 PM
Author: AGBF
''Blu-I''ve seen that watch before (when I was looking at Chopard Happy Diamond jewelry), but I have to say that it still amazes me. Maybe because I really, underneath, still like some of those Happy Diamond pieces. Maybe because you have exquisite taste. Whatever the reason, I covet it. I covet a lot of your jewelry. You have fabulous jewelry!!! Now when is the 7 carat diamond going to be cut? You have a few diamonds in the 4-15 carat range already, don''t you? At least two?
AGBF
34.gif

Awww, thanks AGBF.

The 7+ carat 8* DH wants to have cut? Dunno. Given the direction in which this country is going, we are focusing on generating cash [and more passive income] and converting that to assets [which will generate more passive income or will be put into a store of value].

Also, we have a disagreement as to color/clarity [DH wants the ''top'' - D,E,F/IF or VVS1 and I would like to consider,possibly, lower colors in the VS range - what can I say, I''m cheap!
11.gif
9.gif
LOL!]

And then, of course, there is the shape debate [I love EC or cushion]. . . I am sure we will wind up with 2 additional stones - sometime in this lifetime! LOL!

Actually, I have 2 stones in the 6 - 7 carat range and some under 4 carats. I never did get any of those stones I saw in NYC back in 2008.

Apologies to Phoenix for the threadjack!
No apology necessary, Blue.
1.gif
I''m always glad to see yr posts. You have such AMAZING taste. Would love to see pics of those under-4ct stones!
1.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2009 3:41:50 PM

Date: 8/24/2009 9:44:47 AM
Author: Sharon101

Date: 8/24/2009 8:44:50 AM
Phoenix, I was also looking for a watch for day to day use, nothing flashy but modern looking and today, I decided on the Cartier Roadster. I will be getting it soon.
No way!!!!
36.gif
I was just going to say that this is my watch! I love it so much. First, it is so simple in design, so comfortable on the wrist, so easy to dress up or down! Plus, you can change out the bands to get a whole different look.

I have to say that I don`t regret buying this watch for a second (even though I couldnt get it wholesale).
10.gif
. It feels really understated and is not too show-offy because most people don`t know what it is.
Hello, I just got my roadster today! I got the small size in mother of pearl. It comes with a purple alligator strap plus the stainless steel strap. It''s my first luxury watch really, I am not a watch person. I love jewelry and I am willing to spend on jewelry but for some reason, I have never felt the same way about watches. I have been using a tag heuer for about 10 years so I thought of getting a new watch and the final few contenders was a Chophard, Rolex and Cartier and I chose the Cartier Roadster.
I''m exactly the same, SS!! I''ve been wearing the same Rolex for 14 years now and I''ve never liked another watch enough to actually buy it, though I''ve stopped liking my Rolex for the last few years now (since there''re so many Rolex-wearers in SG)!
4.gif

Can we have pls pics of this yummy watch?

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/26/2009 7:14:47 PM
Author: Engagement Ring Expert
I''m a fan of classic watches, and so with a Rolex, a great compliment would be Cartier. Tank watches are great because you can change the band color and get a new look pretty easily. The Santos is very sporty, the Pasha is big and bold, ultimately Cartier makes fine quality watches. Part of the reason your Rolex lasted 14 years is because of the quality of workmanship. The Omega Constellation is beautiful and a good value for the money, but if your friend already has one, I would one up her with a Cartier. I also have a Bulgari that I like a lot as well as a Chopard. They are men''s watches of course, but the brands make superb ladies watches and keep excellent time. The Chopard photograph that was posted is sublime for angular taste--mine has a round face but my Cartier Santos is square with curved corners, very classic and in all stainless, an excellent value as well.
Thanks for your email.

Actually, I had a conversation on this topic with DH yesterday! I told him that I''d had it serviced about 4-5 times during the last ten years (the first four I didn''t have it serviced because I didn''t know Rolex had service centres!
6.gif
) and in total it''s cost me something like USD2k!
14.gif
I could have bought another watch or at least put that money towards another watch instead. DH''s Tag Heuer which cost a mere USD500 has lasted for 13 yrs and has only been serviced just the once!

I agree with you about Chopard and Bulgari watches though - at least from the look point of view. I don''t know anyone IRL who owns one of these. I also LOVE Cartier, though a friend of mine who''s a watch freak told me that Cartier is a jeweller-maker and not a watch-maker and i''d be better off buying a brand like FM, but FM (the models with diamonds - the only ones that I truly like) is so expensive!
13.gif

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, everyone, for your kind responses and suggestions. I think I just need to go to the stores and try on the various watches and see which one would suit my wrists the best and of course which one would be within my budget. Of serious consideration are the Chopard that Blu posted, the two Cartier's that Lorelei and SimplySplendid posted. I'll prob pop into FM and drooooool (key word: drool) over the diamond models, he he.
2.gif

I think there's a watch exhibition in Singapore soon. I should try and get myself there
11.gif

Will post the watch once I've bought it.

Thanks again, friends.

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/27/2009 9:06:42 AM
Author: Phoenix
Thanks, everyone, for your kind responses and suggestions. I think I just need to go to the stores and try on the various watches and see which one would suit my wrists the best and of course which one would be within my budget. Of serious consideration are the Chopard that Blu posted, the two Cartier's that Lorelei and SimplySplendid posted. I'll prob pop into FM and drooooool (key word: drool) over the diamond models, he he.
2.gif

I think there's a watch exhibition in Singapore soon. I should try and get myself there
11.gif

Will post the watch once I've bought it.

Thanks again, friends.
Hey, the FM boutique is Canary's neighbour! They are just a few units away from each other.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
To add to the confusion, have you considered a Technomarine or a Michele? Michele has some cool new animal pattern watches and they are below your price range - just a thought. [note: I have no experience with either brand]

Pearce Marvyn

Rough_Rock
yes i was looking for one too,,i found a lovely one in river island and was only £20,,bargain =]..so i brought one for me and my sister for xmas..=].pearl jewelry

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/25/2009 12:09:19 AM
Author: BeGatch!
Phoenix, I luv your jewelry!!! Just had to tell u that first hehe, as far as a new watch goes I luv Cartier and Franck Muller my DH just gave me a diamond Franck Muller Curvex and I luv it but if you do not want diamonds on it they do carry some that have no diamonds that are in your budget! I''m sure with your taste u will end up with an amazing new watch! Here is a pic of my new watch for reference...
A really cool and different watch choice. I''d check out the prices without diamonds!

Too bad the Omega is out I like Omegas...and

ndpwood

Rough_Rock
What about a Chanel J12, that is if you keep the Rolex for daily use. I have the white one with diamonds where the numbers go. Chunky and fun! It was just at the top of your budget.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/27/2009 8:50:10 AM
Author: Phoenix

I''m exactly the same, SS!! I''ve been wearing the same Rolex for 14 years now and I''ve never liked another watch enough to actually buy it, though I''ve stopped liking my Rolex for the last few years now (since there''re so many Rolex-wearers in SG)!
4.gif

Can we have pls pics of this yummy watch?
then you need a Patek Philippe.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results