shape
carat
color
clarity

Care of Pink Tourmaline?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know how to care for the pink tourmaline?

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
I clean my tourmaline (and all my colored stone jewelry) with a liquid jewelry cleaner and brush. I forget the brand name but I''m sure your local jewelry store sells something appropriate.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Great! I have some already. I just wanted to make sure I could do that. I fogot to ask in my haste of buying the items. I am a impulse buyer. I just love my new set. A few people at work asked me if they were pink sapphires. I wish! My husband calls me a jewelry wh**e. LOL!

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I do think you want to be careful with the ring (which is beautiful, btw). I have a tourmaline ring that I managed to chip. It''s not really noticable, but it breaks my heart.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This came from a gem care site:

Care
Tourmaline is a hard gemstone that is resistant to both scratching and breaking, but it should be protected from sharp blows or sudden changes in temperature. Because of the natural internal characteristics found in some tourmalines, especially pinks and reds, ultrasonic cleaning machines should not be used. Tourmaline can be cleaned with most any commercial jewelry cleaner or plain soap and water using a soft brush.

Beeweaver

Shiny_Rock
Catmom,

Thanks so much! You people here are such a wealth of information and feed my jewelry addiction. LOL! I just returned my amethyst ring I got for Valentines today and exchanged it for a ring with better diamonds and not so much going on on the sides of the ring. They diamonds were in prongs on the side of the ring and irritating my fingers. It should be ready by Monday! I will post pictures then.

Can you post a link to the gem care site?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results